• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Problem with in-game help?

UODJ

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The last few days I've been trying to get a GM to help with a stuck vet reward in my house...I put out the page, I get the 'check your journal every few minutes' message...

and that's it. No que update, no messages. Nothing. Hours have passed.

Is it broken? gone?

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I hate to ask bizarre questions, but what server are you playing on? And at what hours are you paging? Also which reward is it? Also it should be noted that the in game support goes through varying levels of "usefulness". sooner or later with enough paging you should receive some assistance. Meow.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Response is slow sometimes, but they usually come through. Once, I waited for a very long time with no response and got tired of waiting, so I logged off with that character and logged in with another. Much, much later a GM eventually found me and asked me what I needed. I explained the problem and he waited for me to log off and log back on with the character who had done the paging. He then fixed things in no time at all. I can honestly say that my experience with GM's has been overwhelmingly positive over the years. :)

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I put in a request for a vet reward to be dropped for me. I told them where it was and where I wanted it in case I had to log out. In the morning I recieved an email that it was taken down and placed right in the box requested!

I actually deal with this very frequently and yes it does take time but if you are clear in what you want it is very well taken care of. :)

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know if it's intentional or just a flaw in how the queue is designed but what shard you're on has a huge impact on what the average wait times are too, Atlantic and a few of the other shards with higher populations in particular have far shorter wait times, what you're paging about seems to impact the wait time as well. This leads me to beleive that the queue is somewhat manual, so the GM's grab them as they see them, meaning easy ones get picked out first and they'll tend to do other ones on a shard they're already working on evne if they were paged after ones on other shards. (I've seen systems like this in other companies so it's not too hard to believe).

My average wait time on siege as of late has gone down a little, so they must have more active GM's now, I generally get a response or "cant help you because you logged off" email within about 6 hours of when I paged.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I don't know if it's intentional or just a flaw in how the queue is designed but what shard you're on has a huge impact on what the average wait times are too, Atlantic and a few of the other shards with higher populations in particular have far shorter wait times, what you're paging about seems to impact the wait time as well. This leads me to beleive that the queue is somewhat manual, so the GM's grab them as they see them, meaning easy ones get picked out first and they'll tend to do other ones on a shard they're already working on evne if they were paged after ones on other shards. (I've seen systems like this in other companies so it's not too hard to believe).

My average wait time on siege as of late has gone down a little, so they must have more active GM's now, I generally get a response or "cant help you because you logged off" email within about 6 hours of when I paged.
Not sure about that. I deal on multiple shards with about average wait times.

UODJ

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well maybe it's just me. I paged again today and waited for over an hour, not even a que update to where I stand. And I've received no email communications from any of the pages I sent this entire weekend.

It's like my pages are not going anywhere.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The queue updates are broken, you're in the queue but it just doesn't tell you any more. As for e-mails, usually I only receive them if I have paged on someone or if they are unable to deal with the problem and send me a link to the website. Maybe your issue requires you to be present for them to fix it? Not saying you should stick around all weekend waiting for a GM cos I sure as hell wouldn't, but who knows how their system works.