• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Problem with faction traps, and possible griefing

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
15 traps max

some work in towns others in bases

it is easy for an enemy faction to get a char into a faction and place all their traps in unkown usless locatins making the ability usless.

Faction commander and sherriff need to have the ability to whip all the traps at will, and to designate trappers, so they can be used efectivly.

ATM Minax ATL has 14 placed, we own no towns and there are 0 traps in the base.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the SL and Minax bases there is only one type of trap placable that can privide ANY use, that is the Gas Trap.

As we all know poisoning is Completly usless in PvP.

All traps need to be usable in both towns and bases.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Gas traps make a HUGE difference in defenses. They make it hard for thieves to stealth, and mages to push with fields. I wouldn't go without them.

As for all traps working in bases...no fricken way. Could you imagine explosion traps in SL base? That would be ridiculous. Explosion traps in TB's 6-tile wide bridge was bad enough...but SL and Minax are just huge choke points that are already ass-easy to defend. Throw explosion traps into the mix, and raids would be nearly impossible.

I do hate how people can do that with the traps (hide them). I am generally against giving the CL too many powers, however. The more powers they have, the more room for an enemy faction to take over the CL spot and grief the living hell out of you. It happens. As it is, its not too hard to have a couple detectors search the towns for them, and the CL can remove them with no skill required.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the SL and Minax bases there is only one type of trap placable that can privide ANY use, that is the Gas Trap.

As we all know poisoning is Completly usless in PvP.

All traps need to be usable in both towns and bases.
Ignorance bleeds from you post kiddo.. Why don't you play factions for a while before you start suggesting garbage like this... Anyone who knows even a little bit about factions, bases and traps could see problems with what you just posted. If you could put exp traps in Minax or SL bases it would be IMPOSSIBLE to get into the bases during a large defense. Seriously lets think before we post....

And DP traps are not useless.. so obviously when you say 'we' you mean just you...

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didnt say DP traps are usless, True they reveal people WOW.

But There is 0 ZERO, Zilch ZIP, damage caused by them. It is cured faster than it hits.

The ONLY way TB and COM can have Any other traps near their bases is if THEY control the towns.

I do agree that Minax and SL could create more problems if there were other types of traps allowed in their bases.

The ONLY reason you both seem to think it bad is because you know how usless poison traps are.

If they are an issue in defense then you also OBVIOSLY have no idea about how to remove.

If we push and stand on a trap it does not go off over and over, so all you have to do is push up to it and have your remover remove them.

How about this - MOVE the TB and Com Base somewhere out of towns OR put Minax and SL into a town?

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didnt say DP traps are usless, True they reveal people WOW.

But There is 0 ZERO, Zilch ZIP, damage caused by them. It is cured faster than it hits.

The ONLY way TB and COM can have Any other traps near their bases is if THEY control the towns.

I do agree that Minax and SL could create more problems if there were other types of traps allowed in their bases.

The ONLY reason you both seem to think it bad is because you know how usless poison traps are.

If they are an issue in defense then you also OBVIOSLY have no idea about how to remove.

If we push and stand on a trap it does not go off over and over, so all you have to do is push up to it and have your remover remove them.

How about this - MOVE the TB and Com Base somewhere out of towns OR put Minax and SL into a town?
ok.

I want to focus on this stuff...
---
"The ONLY reason you both seem to think it bad is because you know how usless poison traps are."

"If they are an issue in defense then you also OBVIOSLY have no idea about how to remove."

"If we push and stand on a trap it does not go off over and over, so all you have to do is push up to it and have your remover remove them."
---

These statements are idiotic on so many levels.... But I'm going to hold your hand and work you through this,,, Let me break it down for you like this..

Open up your guild roster. Count all the players in your guild and then multiply that number by the amount of times you guys have either raided or defended a faction base.... now write that number down on a piece of paper so you don't forget it..

Now multiply that number by 10 and you get how many times I have raided or defended faction bases over the last 6 -7 years.... write that number down too for the hell of it...

So.. just please understand I know more than you about this..

Now.. I do know how to remove traps.. I also know how hard it is to remove traps when you are getting revealed, tracked, e-fielded, attacked, paraed and/or bleed. Removing trap is hard in the middle of a fight.. It's also quite easy to run up to a spot where a trap has just been removed and place another trap..

DP traps are very useful.. it's not an opinion.. it's a fact. Like you said they reveal stealthers but the also make the enemies use their pots. To me its common sense to have poison traps down to force enemies to use there cure pots. Eventually they will run out and then they will be in serious ****.... Especially when the trap is DP and they have to cast cure a few times to get it off.... and the defending team has 10 tiles of DP fields down...

You say poison traps cause no damage... You are wrong.. if the poison isn't cured in time the damage will be dealt. We all know this. The best DP traps can do up to 23 damage even if you have good poison resist. That is a big hit to someone if they cannot get the poison off of them.

I hope this helped you understand.... that you are completely ignorant about this ****...

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I call shenanigans! *counts fingers* Factions haven't quite hit 7 years yet. ;) Getting close, though. That first week of factions was terrible compared to the today's 4 hour defenses! o_O Har har har. My thief must have died 20 times on day 1 alone...since auto-stealth and insurance he hasn't died that many times in any given month. :/

Cardell said:
over the last 6 -7 years

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Using up your opposing factions traps is a valid tactic. You just have to search for them.

At least now it only lasts 24 hours. Before traps were permanent, so if someone hid them you had to go find them.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I call shenanigans! *counts fingers* Factions haven't quite hit 7 years yet. ;) Getting close, though. That first week of factions was terrible compared to the today's 4 hour defenses! o_O Har har har. My thief must have died 20 times on day 1 alone...since auto-stealth and insurance he hasn't died that many times in any given month. :/
lol.

Alagos Galadrim

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you think it would be better if you could place all kinds of traps in a base with say a 5 tile minimum (or so) seperation requirement between each trap - that way you could use a variety but it would prevent stacking them into a path of death?

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you think it would be better if you could place all kinds of traps in a base with say a 5 tile minimum (or so) seperation requirement between each trap - that way you could use a variety but it would prevent stacking them into a path of death?
The only thing that needs to be done is make it so you cannot place traps on adjacent squares. This needed to be done 5 years ago but I don't think the devs know that you can even place traps to be completely honest.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only thing that needs to be done is make it so you cannot place traps on adjacent squares. This needed to be done 5 years ago but I don't think the devs know that you can even place traps to be completely honest.
But Cardell, it is sooooo much fun to watch the opposing faction go down while running across the stacked traps. :) I really enjoying stealthing up behind UOD and setting the traps for them, they aren't very smart, just really fast and never miss that blasted moving shot!

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What continues to crack me up is their casting of wither, holy light, and reveal on stealthers...

Oh! And their constant attempts at using teleport inside a faction base. Rofl. That one never gets old.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What continues to crack me up is their casting of wither, holy light, and reveal on stealthers...

Oh! And their constant attempts at using teleport inside a faction base. Rofl. That one never gets old.
omg. I hate getting dismounted in bases because my natural instinct is to cast tele...