• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Problem with EC and Ships

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sometimes I see the boats like into this picture:

While the boat is in this state, my character is stuck and I can only recall away :/

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
yes this is a problem and if you log out and in it fixes also other peoples boats appear like this sometimes running off screen and back will correct it

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should be able to double click the rope to get off the boat, The rest of the boat will then appear and you use the rope to get back on.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
still not a good thing, if this happen during a peerless battle will be a big problem :|

D

DenAlton036

It's just like the current problem of chars becoming naked and bald.. and things dissapearing from back packs etc etc etc... EC needs a lot attention before this booster will work properly.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's just like the current problem of chars becoming naked and bald.. and things dissapearing from back packs etc etc etc... EC needs a lot attention before this booster will work properly.
Agreed!

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes also houses are sometimes not shown in this EC version.

And i agree we need a better refresh at the borders especially of the viewport it doubles and tripples the ship. I also got a crash today at the shipmarket, think it has todo with the refresh problem.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I crashed a few times yesterday.

I was also having major difficulty in the house custom mode.... as well when I tried to use the moving crate I was basically frozen for 2 min. Then when I finally could move and see in the open crate I couldn't click the chests in there for another long while and then the one said it had 81 things in it but they didn't show up for a very long time.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Graphics in General (Boats)

Hello,

In the EC the boats do not show up on screen most of the time, when approaching a boat all you can see is the cargo hold, base of mast(s), and the cannon patches. This makes it very hard to navigate the sea. As far as my own ship this happens 99 percent of the time and i have to turn ship around to make ship visible so i can take a step on ship before sailing so i don't get left behind.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Graphics in General (Boats)

Hello,

In the EC the boats do not show up on screen most of the time, when approaching a boat all you can see is the cargo hold, base of mast(s), and the cannon patches. This makes it very hard to navigate the sea. As far as my own ship this happens 99 percent of the time and i have to turn ship around to make ship visible so i can take a step on ship before sailing so i don't get left behind.
Yeah also houses are not loaded correctly in this version, same effect here.