• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Problem please help

L

Lady Kiara

First off i was surprised to see that my account was erased from stratics forums....Whats up with that? I mean every things changed :sad4:

Any who....I was wondering if anyone knew what was going on with my mouse....you know when you hit Ctrl+Shift at the same time and you see all the names....i used to be able to do it fine ...now when i do it when the names come up my mouse won't move.:sad2:. or it just disappears(the pointer that is) any help would be great thanks.:lol:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Have you posted since early May? There was a hardware failure in May that resulted in this version of the forums. The data from the old forums (including your old ID and post count) has been recovered and is being converted to the format of these forums, but is taking a while since Stratics is staffed by volunteers, only a few of which have the technical expertise and access to the data to run the conversion process.

Eventually, all the data will be merged here.

L

Lady Kiara

I thought maybe stratics was having a problem when i tried to log on i believe it was in may...and nothing:sad3: but glad to see all is well.

Still having problems with my mouse in game tough....keeps freezeing can't move it around the screen when i hit Ctrl+Shift at the same time....i wish to solve this :sad2::sad4: thanks in advance for any replys

L

Lady Kiara

I have tried every thing to get my mouse to respond when i hit CTRL+Shift at the same time to view all names on screen it is really getting anoying lol....
does anyone have a clue has to what might be causeing this to happen? It never did this before.

B

burnttrees

well i guess ill go first what os are you running windows (please give version), linux or mac os(again version would help) if you are useing linux or mac os please let me know what version of wine your using

second have you made any changes to your os since the last time it worked correctly?

uhh hmm i cant think of any other items ohh yeah does your mouse start working correctly once you release ctrl+shift

T

Trebr Drab

Yes, and try hitting cont/shift outside of the game to see what happens. Your system is probably using one or both of those keys as a hot key for something that's interfering.

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, and try hitting cont/shift outside of the game to see what happens. Your system is probably using one or both of those keys as a hot key for something that's interfering.
Yes this is most likely what is happening. If you are running programs that use Ctrl and or Shift for a hotkey then you will have issues using those keys in the game so double check that nothing else has those keys bound to any commands if there is something else using them simply change the keys in that particular program and then go into the game and test your keys again and all should be fine.

K

kunoichi

First off i was surprised to see that my account was erased from stratics forums....Whats up with that? I mean every things changed :sad4:QUOTE]

Wow. My first time to check back on uo in over a year, and lo and behold there's a post from you in the forums. What a coincidence. :) You return to GL shard? I might reopen the acct. and stop by in a few weeks once vacation starts. Anyways, hope you've been well.

The Wolf
Kunoichi
Crimson Shadow

L

Lady Kiara

well i guess ill go first what os are you running windows (please give version), linux or mac os(again version would help) if you are useing linux or mac os please let me know what version of wine your using

second have you made any changes to your os since the last time it worked correctly?

uhh hmm i cant think of any other items ohh yeah does your mouse start working correctly once you release ctrl+shift
OK i am running windows XP service pack 2...cable connections..Dell computer
When i hit Ctrl+Shift when not logged in everything is fine working properly

IT's on;y when i am playing uo and want to pull up names with CTRL+Shift

thanks

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you also by chance running UO Assist ? Check macro hot key in there if you are. By chance, possibly they might of been set are Hots by mistake.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK i am running windows XP service pack 2...cable connections..Dell computer
When i hit Ctrl+Shift when not logged in everything is fine working properly

IT's on;y when i am playing uo and want to pull up names with CTRL+Shift

thanks
I know this is unlikely but do you have a uo macro set to those keys? maybe by accident.

L

Lady Kiara

Are you also by chance running UO Assist ? Check macro hot key in there if you are. By chance, possibly they might of been set are Hots by mistake.
Not running Uo Assist never use it:gee: also i have checked all macros and have none for CTRL+Shift...It seems to happen only when theres alot to look at on the screen...:coco: i wouldn't worry so much if it were KR client but it happens in 2D..