• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Problem placing boat on home shard

Lady Tia

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just logged back in to LS after patching today and playing on the High seas test shard. I can no longer place a boat on LS. I click on the boat ticket and the targeting cursor is about 5-10 tiles away from the boat. So in order to have the boat near me, the dock or the shore I have to target land or the dock. So I can no longer place boats. Help?

I have logged all the way out and restarted the client. With no change.

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have you tried that southeastern corner of land? At the moment, the distance between where you stand and where your mouse cursor is when you place your boat is pretty strict on all the current shards. That's going to change with High Seas, btw.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have looked at her problem (I sit about 5 feet from her :) ) I can place a boat just fine where she is standing, but her cursor with the boat place open is about 5 tiles askew. My cursor is right on top of the boat, and hers is not. I even logged in as her on my PC and tried it, still same issue. *shrugs* dunno whats goin on.

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is the client window all the way to the left? When placing houses you get the same shift as you describe if the window is placed rightish.

Lady Tia

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have you tried that southeastern corner of land? At the moment, the distance between where you stand and where your mouse cursor is when you place your boat is pretty strict on all the current shards. That's going to change with High Seas, btw.
Yes, i have tried that too. If I put the cursor close to me in the water, it says "a ship cannot be created here. A living creature is blocking the ship." and if i put the boat closer to me it says "That location is too far away".

Lady Tia

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is the client window all the way to the left? When placing houses you get the same shift as you describe if the window is placed rightish.
That was it! I had recently gotten a larger monitor and moved the client window to the center. Thank you for the solution!

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It will be nice to see normal ghost image of any placement (boat or house) at same location they should be placed, and red hued ghost image in case invalid placement.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Question - could this offset issue also be what keeps some people from finding the new T-maps?

In the Classic Client, for example, I can't find maps at all, even if I locate it in the Enhanced Client with a different character, and put a bandage as a marker on the spot to dig with the other client.

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was it! I had recently gotten a larger monitor and moved the client window to the center. Thank you for the solution!
Great! Thought as much.

Is it related to house placement offset too?
This is how I first learned about it. The 2D client requires you to have the client window all the way to the left on your screen in order for x/y to be correct when placing. Since we all now have larger monitors than the client window it`s a common problem. It also applies to placing boats, and I am quite sure it`s the same problem Basara is having with the t maps. The EC doesn`t have the same problem obviously.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great! Thought as much.

This is how I first learned about it. The 2D client requires you to have the client window all the way to the left on your screen in order for x/y to be correct when placing. Since we all now have larger monitors than the client window it`s a common problem. It also applies to placing boats, and I am quite sure it`s the same problem Basara is having with the t maps. The EC doesn`t have the same problem obviously.
Anytime I place a house, I move my game window up to the top left corner.