• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

primeval lich lever puzzle

M

morgawr68

any clues on how to do this puzzle? has anyone done this puzzle. please share

D

Dragon Mist

I have been trying to figure it out also, but have not been successful yet. I have heard that killing spawn gives you a chance to get a book with clues or the answer to the puzzle but I have not received one and I do not know if it only drops from specific creatures or from all creatures. I also do not know if all the levers have to be used or not.

If all 8 levers are used there are 40,320 possible combinations to solve the puzzle.

Any insight from someone having completed the puzzle either with or without the book would be most helpful.

Y

Yen Sid

If all 8 levers are used there are 40,320 possible combinations to solve the puzzle.
Jesus, and that is why I stay in the Trammel ruleset lol. Although I am thinking about bringing my stealther to try and grab some of the stuff that unlocks off of the ground. Ought to be fun with no fighting skills hehe.

K

-=KLiM=-

I don't know where that unlocks from the ground thing came from, i've done lich spawn several times now, and have checked those things, could pick none of 'em...

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I Have Also Done This Spawn Several Times And Havent Seen Anything Unlock. I Also Havent Seen Any Of These Books People Are Talking About For The Lever Puzzle. I Have Checked The Corpses And Nothing Has Been Placed In My Pack. Personally I Dont Think Things Unlock You Get The Graves And Stuff From Doing The Lever Puzzle.

D

Dragon Mist

I can verify that there is a possibility for an environmental to "unlock" when the spawn levels up. The item does not unlock but a duplicate item appears beside the one locked down. I got one of the gravestones today when the spawn went from level 1 to level 2.

I can also verify that the lever puzzle is do-able without the book, having said that, completing the puzzle does not guarantee you an environmental. I have completed it 7 times in the last 5 days and have gotten 4 environmentals and 3 bags of gems (15 total gems in bag). The answer changes every time and can only be done once per spawn.

K

-=KLiM=-

So you want to tell us what the purpose of the puzzle is at least? OR were you just randomly pulling the levers each time?

D

Dragon Mist

The purpose of the puzzle is to get a piece of the environment. It has no bearing on the champ spawn its self that I have noticed.
If your question was meant request the solution to the puzzle then I will give you these hints.
1. Only 6 of the levers are used per puzzle (720 possible combinations)
2. When 6 levers have been pulled you will get a message that tells you how many you got correct
3. There are 7 messages that I have found, the message you receive from getting 0-2 levers pulled correctly is kind of cryptic but the rest are very straight forward.
The puzzle still requires some trial and error to get the correct sequence but when you have it figured out it should only take about 15 min to complete.

I will be posting complete instructions on how to do it but I want others to try and figure it out first.

ONETWOTHREE

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Using your clues and hints I was able to complete puzzle, was very hard but once you understand all the answers puzzle gives, it gets easier, for a reward I got Rum Red Bone Container "Bones"

Thank You for hints ^^

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok how about 1 more hint?...the 2 levers that seem to toss ya out of the place...are they used for the puzzle?, or should we be ignoring those! lmao

D

Dragon Mist

OK one last hint.
Ignore the levers that kick you out.

I can also confirm that you can get an environmental from starting the spawn.

Congrats ONETWOTHREE

N

Nastia Cross

Dragon Mist, when you say once per spawn, do you mean once per person per spawn or only ONCE by anyone?

N

Nastia Cross

Thanks JC, I'll be trying that when I get home. Lox, gimme the black bones damnit!! lol

ONETWOTHREE

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ut oh, I got Gruesome Standard as lever puzzle reward but it wont move, stuck in bag? How I get it silly thing out? anybody know? ^^

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Use a bag of sending to place it in your bank box until the developers fix the bug with them.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I Have Spent Almost 8 Hrs Trying To Do This Puzzle. I Get A Few Messages But It Seems That The One That Says Out Of Order Is Referring To The One That Send You Outside.
I Also Dont Understand How You Tell Which One Is First. I Can Couple The Levers But There Is No Third. I Have Tried To Mix Up The Sides And Still Nothing.
I Watched The Video And It Confuses Me. Do I Have To Pull The Levers A Certain # Of Times To Get The Message I Need?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You pull levers to find the order. The easiest way is to start with 1 lever and then pull another 5 times. If it says smarter than a Boura, then that 1 lever is in the correct position. Now pull the lever you found 5 times and cycle the other to find its position.

F

Freya/Passion

The video confused me also but after about 15 mins of messing around, it makes sense. Heres what you do so there 8 levers. 2 of them are not included in the solution so if a lever kicks you out don't touch it again.

So what you do is go to lets say lever 1 and 2. so since it takes 6 clicks for the solution, you'll click lever 1 three times, then click lever 2 three times. It can give you 3 different hints basically. If it says your smart like a boura then lever one is either 1 2 or 3 in the solution and lever 2 is either 4 5 or 6 in the solution. So then knowing that you just figure out which place lever one falls into. so you would click lever 1 first, then click lever 2, 5 more times, if it doesn't say your smart like a boura its not number one in the solution.

Hmm Hopefully that helps and didn't confuse you more, once you get it you'll get it trust me. Its just a matter of taking away all other possibilities until your solution is left...

D

Dragon Mist

I started this explanation on how to do the puzzle but when JC put the video up I decided not to finish it, but I have received a few PMs requesting further help so here it is.

Here are the hints you will get when you have pulled the 6th lever:
0 correct – “Pulling the levers out of order will get you nothing. fool!”
1 correct – “A monkey could do better than this.”
2 correct – “Perhaps you are smarter than a boura.”
3 correct – “Three in a row, I bet you mother is proud.”
4 correct – “Four snore”
5 correct – “Lesser beings never get this far”
you solved it – “No! It must not be! It cannot be! It's MINE!”

There are 8 levers; only 6 are used in any given puzzle. The levers that send you to another location within the champ spawn area are not used in the puzzle. The number correct indicates that a lever was pulled in the correct position. (To simplify the levers have given them a number from 1 to 8 starting from the west side)

example:
Pulling the levers show that lever # 2 & 3 are not used.
That being said levers 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, & 8 are used in this puzzle.
When you have pulled all six levers you will get a response letting you know how many were pulled in the correct position. The key to remember is the number of levers correct does not mean that you pulled 3 levers in a row correct. You could have lever 1, 3, & 6 correct.
Once I know what levers to use I will determine what position they need to be pulled in. I do this by pulling the levers in this manner:
• 1,4,1,1,1,1 – I get the response “A monkey could do better than this.” That means the 4th lever is not in the second position.
• 1,1,4,1,1,1 – I get the response “Perhaps you are smarter than a boura.” That means the 4th lever is pulled in the 3rd position.
• 1,5,4,1,1,1 – I get the response “Three in a row, I bet you mother is proud.” That means the 5th lever is pulled in the second position.
• 1,5,4,6,1,1 – I get the response “Three in a row, I bet you mother is proud.” That means the 4th position is not the 6th lever.
• 1,5,4,7,1,1 – I get the response “Four snore!” That means the 4th position is lever 7.
• 1,5,4,7,6,1 – I get the response “Four snore!” That means the 6th lever is pulled in the 5th position.
Now I have lever 1 & 8 which have not been assigned to a position, and position 1 & 6 which have not been determined. This gives me to possible answers 1,5,4,7,6,8 or 8,4,5,7,6,1.

This was compleated rather quickly so if further help is needed just send me a PM or post here and I will do what I can.

N

Nh'bdy

After having HEAT muscle into one spawn, re-challenging after ducking out inside some ruins, being run off by SL, slaying Slasher, and finally returning, I solved it. The methods posted above and the time to collect and process data were helpful but in the end is is complete logic. I got the peculiar Gruesome standard. Yippy!

L

Lost-Soul

How long after doing the quest can you do it again? Took a guildmate to show him how and says the puzzled is already completed. And can you do it once per day per account? per char? Thanks for the info in advance.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dragon Much Appreciated For Your Rundown Of The Lever Puzzle And Everyone Else Who Posted. I Was Able To Do 3 Today. Only Got Gems And A SOT But At Least Its Something.

N

Nastia Cross

Apparently the puzzle can only be done once per spawn. I completed it last night and wasn't able to get the reward because "my pack is already full" or some such, meanwhile I wasn't over weight (384/488 i think) and had no where near 125 items on me. =(

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I sort of worked out a reasonable method to do this puzzle.

Ancient Lich’s Puzzle

If 2 7 8 6 1 5 is the sequence.

Generating Panels value of the sequence row.

Panel #1 plus value
1 2 3 4 5 6 : 0
2 1 3 4 5 6 : 1
2 3 1 4 5 6 : 1
2 3 4 1 5 6 : 1
2 3 4 5 1 6 : 2
2 3 4 5 6 1 : 1

2 7 8 6 1 5

Panel #2 plus value
2 3 4 5 6 7 : 1
3 2 4 5 6 7 : 0
3 4 2 5 6 7 : 0
3 4 5 2 6 7 : 0
3 4 5 6 2 7 : 1
3 4 5 6 7 2 : 1

2 7 8 6 1 5

Panel #3 plus value
3 4 5 6 7 8 : 1
4 3 5 6 7 8 : 1
4 5 3 6 7 8 : 1
4 5 6 3 7 8 : 0
4 5 6 7 3 8 : 0
4 5 6 7 8 3 : 0

Panel #4

2 7 8 6 1 5 plus value

4 5 6 7 8 3 : 0
5 4 6 7 8 3 : 0
5 6 4 7 8 3 : 0
5 6 7 4 8 3 : 0
5 6 7 8 4 3 : 0
5 6 7 8 3 4 : 0

Panel #5

2 7 8 6 1 5 plus value

5 6 7 8 1 2 : 1
6 5 7 8 1 2 : 1
6 7 5 8 1 2 : 1
6 7 8 5 1 2 : 3
6 7 8 1 5 2 : 2
6 7 8 1 2 5 : 3

Panel #3 has only one column with singular matches, this is
4th column which has 6.
So, sixth switch is pulled fourth.
_ _ _ 6 _ _

Panel #2 fifth and sixth rows have only one match but
5th and 6th column elements are swapped and changed nothing.
So, 2 is not pulled 5th or 6th.

2 is not pulled 4th, because 6 is pulled 4th.

Panel #2, 3rd and 4th elements of 3rd and 4th rows are swapped
And changed nothing.
So, 2 is not pulled 3rd.

Panel #2, 2nd and 3th elements of 2nd and 3th rows are swapped
And changed nothing.
So, 2 is not pulled 2nd.

Panel #2, 1st and 2nd elements of 1st and 2nd rows are swapped
And changed count from 0 to 1.
So, 2 is pulled first.

2 _ _ 6 _ _

1, 2, 3, 4, 5 can not be pulled 2nd or 3rd , because 2nd and 3rd columns
of Panels #1, #2, and #3 transpose and change nothing.

Further more 7 can not be pulled 5th or 6th, because of columns
5th and 6th of Panels #3 transpose and change nothing.

This leave 7 and 8 or 8 and 7 to be pulled 2nd and 3rd respectively.

1 is pulled 5th, because 5th and 6th rows of 5th and 6th elements
transposed and show that 1 belongs at position 5.

2 _ _ 6 1 _

1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8 can not be pulled 6th.

That leaves 4 or 5 could be pulled 6th.

2 7 8 6 1 4 , 2 7 8 6 1 5 , 2 8 7 6 1 4 , 2 8 7 6 1 5

Panel 4 shows that 4 is not pulled 6th.
So, 5 is pulled 6th.

Panel 5, 4th row shows that 7 is pulled 2nd and 8 is pulled 3rd.
So, the sequence is 278615

a) Generate panels by collecting results of sequence pulls.
b) Analyze the panels by finding column patterns, transposings
of rows and columns resulting in change by one or no changes.
c) Eliminating and reduce outcomes.
d) Do not get killed by monsters.

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

L

LTP_01

Thank you for this post! Was trying to find what message is given for what number are right and took me forever until I finally came across ur post. Ty ty!!!

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
takes about 5 mins to do using this method
always wait for message
2 correct – “Perhaps you are smarter than a boura.”

only click lever 1 - 1 time
then lever 2 the other 5 times
until you get the 2 correct message
reverse and do the lever 2 - 1 time - omiting any values you know it cannot be

then do 3 and 4
go to other side and do the others
just keep a paper and pencil and write down the numbers in the order they need to be pulled
such as
352x 1x46

x = it teleports you
takes like a min of 50 or so lever pulls total and about 4-5 mins

lorddog

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Work two levers at a time, you will only have 4 possible outcomes (leverA and leverB are whatever 2 colored levers you have decided to work at that time)

(Outcome 1) If leverA/B bounces you somewhere - ignore this lever going forward on this puzzle solution

So flick leverA once then flick leverB 5 times,
(outcome 2) if u get – “A monkey could do better than this.” Then you know neither leverA nor LeverB are going to be the first lever to your solution.
(outcome 3) if u get – “Perhaps you are smarter than a boura.” Then leverA is the first lever to your solution
(outcome 4) if u get – “Pulling the levers out of order will get you nothing. fool!” Then you know LeverB is the first lever to your solution

Now if you got “A monkey could do better than this.” then flick leverB once, LeverA once then leverB 4 times
Your now testing to see if either of these levers are the 2nd lever to your solution, the 'if u get' responses above will stay the same so you can tell if either lever is your 2nd puzzle lever

3rd puzzle lever test, flick leverB twice, leverA once, leverB three times
4th puzzle lever test, flick leverB three times, leverA once, leverB twice
5th puzzle lever test, flick leverB four times, leverA once, leverB once
No need to do a sixth pass because if you havent found it in the first 5 you know it must be sequence number 6.

Just keep repeating until you figure out where these 2 levers fit in your puzzle sequence then repeat on different set of levers. Once you have figured out a levers position you dont need to test that sequence number again, what I mean by that is say you already figured out the white lever is sequence number 3 and the black lever is sequence number 5 and your now working the pink and green levers you can skip the testing for 3 and 5 because you have already found them.

Once you know All your levers sequence just flick your levers once in the appropriate sequence (1 thru 6) to get your reward

Hope this makes sense i do the puzzle in about 3 mins with this method
The puzzle can be done once every time the champ spawn is started

If you got bounced when you flicked a lever just run back up to the levers and it will treat it as if you havent flicked any levers yet

M

Muu Bin

One thing that was touched upon was that if someone else flicks a lever while you are trying to do the puzzle, it will mess up the order. You may even be one flick away from the solution and not realize this.

The Grim Reefer... this may have happened to you at some point when you spent 8 hours attempting this. I remember when more people were first trying the puzzle, a lot of the stealthers would mess up others trying to complete it so that they would give up and go away... leaving the puzzle to be completed by the stealther.

Anyhow... keep in mind that someone else may be playing around with you...

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
your gonna know immediatly if you get an answer too early. like after clicking 4-5 times then u know someone is messing with you. also you should probably be able to hear them clicking i think.