• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pricing help on several PP 2-slot Nightmares

BahamaMama

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail all, I returned to game a few weeks ago. I have multiple tamers so I have several PP 2-slot Nightmares in my stables. I have way more of these PP mares than I need & want to sell some. I’ve been searching & reading the forums for a week now & see the price has varied over time & sellers.

I want to make my pricing simple based on scoring along these attributes:

1. Strength (maybe in increments of 5 up to the cap of 525)

2. Hits (maybe in increments up to cap, what is cap, btw?)

3a. Mare color (dark-pure or the lighter color).
3b. If lighter color, then mane style-- short or long.

4. Resists (number of resists that are capped).
Note: From my reading, it looks like it’s better when resists aren’t capped now because it allows some wiggle room in planning the mares template. Please comment if I am misunderstanding this.

5. Mare training (i.e. no training or partial-- ready for scrolls & mastery training

Is there already a pricing guide out here? If not, any suggestions on creating this one is welcome… as is anyone else using it or something like it.

Thx, Safari / Chianti (of Catskills / ATL)

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hail all, I returned to game a few weeks ago. I have multiple tamers so I have several PP 2-slot Nightmares in my stables. I have way more of these PP mares than I need & want to sell some. I’ve been searching & reading the forums for a week now & see the price has varied over time & sellers.

I want to make my pricing simple based on scoring along these attributes:

1. Strength (maybe in increments of 5 up to the cap of 525)

2. Hits (maybe in increments up to cap, what is cap, btw?)

3a. Mare color (dark-pure or the lighter color).
3b. If lighter color, then mane style-- short or long.

4. Resists (number of resists that are capped).
Note: From my reading, it looks like it’s better when resists aren’t capped now because it allows some wiggle room in planning the mares template. Please comment if I am misunderstanding this.

5. Mare training (i.e. no training or partial-- ready for scrolls & mastery training

Is there already a pricing guide out here? If not, any suggestions on creating this one is welcome… as is anyone else using it or something like it.

Thx, Safari / Chianti (of Catskills / ATL)
Hello and welcome back!

To get an idea of the mares power, you can rate them with the Intensity calculator here: Pet Intensity Calculator. You will want to use the New/Untrained version (assuming you haven't started advanced animal training on them) and select the "Nightmare (Legacy)" pet type. You can record the % Rating and the Intensity Value, this will quickly tell you how good they are.

To answer #4, non-capped resists will only matter if the pet is naturally overcapped in resists (>365 total, or >80 in a single resist). Since nightmares don't overcap any resists, you will want resists as high as possible.

Pre-trained skill value (Wrestling/Tactics/Anatomy, etc) probably won't affect the price much at all, but it may be more desirable to some.

Legacy nightmares will typically range anywhere from 20m-50m right now, depending on its rating, model type/color, and current demand.

I would suggest posting lore pages and/or the Rating information along with a screenshot. If you do decide to sell, the Trade forum will get you more exposure, but there would definitely be people here interested I'm sure.

Last edited:

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I sold 4 or 5 to Lex Darion on stratics. He buys and sells lots of pets. I'd try reaching out to him. Even if he's not interested in buying he's very knowledgeable on prices of pets.

BahamaMama

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello and welcome back!

To get an idea of the mares power, you can rate them with the Intensity calculator here: Pet Intensity Calculator. You will want to use the New/Untrained version (assuming you haven't started advanced animal training on them) and select the "Nightmare (Legacy)" pet type. You can record the % Rating and the Intensity Value, this will quickly tell you how good they are.
Thanks for the welcome back, Khyro & excellent... happy to see a response from you! Your name & posts appeared a lot in my reading the PP threads over the last week. I had assumed the Legacy mares wouldn't be included in your rating tool. Silly me! I should have at least checked it, since it wasn't available back when I played. I will run them all through the rating.

To answer #4, non-capped resists will only matter if the pet is naturally overcapped in resists (>365 total, or >80 in a single resist). Since nightmares don't overcap any resists, you will want resists as high as possible.
Aha! Ok, thx for the clarification on this. Maybe I had mixed it up with a different pet or confused it with mastery training-- of which I know nothing about at this point.

Legacy nightmares will range anywhere from 20m-50m typically, depending on its rating, model type/color, and current demand.
Wow, ok. I had thought to start the lower ones at around 50 mil (since that is the low I've seen them priced at in last month here on Stratics & other sites). So, Eek. I had heard they were "priceless" but sounds like even the best may not be worth the current value of a 120 Taming scroll. :/ Aii-yaii-yaii.

I would suggest posting lore pages and/or the Rating information along with a screenshot. If you do decide to sell, the Trade forum will get you more exposure, but there would definitely be people here interested I'm sure.
I will be posting lore pics & stats, ratings etc. eventually. I have 11 of these mares, of which I'll keep a couple, and a couple more I'll reserve for spawn team friends who want one. I was hoping to quickly determine a fair price with a nice discount for them. Then I'll post the remaining mares here on the trade forum... sometime in the next day or two. I'll post a "heads up" in this thread pointing to my list for sale url in the Trade forum when it happens. :)

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Wow, ok. I had thought to start the lower ones at around 50 mil (since that is the low I've seen them priced at in last month here on Stratics & other sites). So, Eek. I had heard they were "priceless" but sounds like even the best may not be worth the current value of a 120 Taming scroll. :/ Aii-yaii-yaii.
50m is probably still doable depending on the rating. You could always do an auction with a reserve set so you don't feel like you got lowballed or anything. What shard are you on? A 120 taming scroll should really only be a couple million right now, unless you are on a low pop shard with some price gougers.

There are definitely others out there more knowledgeable on the current pricing than me (I typically don't buy/sell Legacy pets, I leave that up to @Khaelor). I think the last few I saw sell were for around ~40-50m or so.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
50m is probably still doable depending on the rating. You could always do an auction with a reserve set so you don't feel like you got lowballed or anything. What shard are you on? A 120 taming scroll should really only be a couple million right now, unless you are on a low pop shard with some price gougers.

There are definitely others out there more knowledgeable on the current pricing than me (I typically don't buy/sell Legacy pets, I leave that up to @Khaelor). I think the last few I saw sell were for around ~40-50m or so.
He only bids on the ones that are >80% for that much.

These appear almost daily. There is no reason for them to be more than 25 to 50M. Until a 90% one appears.

Now that Toranga has his, the prices will stop being stupid.

BahamaMama

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When using the Pet Intensity Calculator.. for legacy mares do I uncheck the "Rate 125 Minimum" box?

I've run them thru the calc with that box unchecked. I must say, it's disappointing results on some of them. For example, when rated at Four point Five stars on the old calc one sure doesn't perform well on the new calc (i.e. doesn't hit 70 if the above box is unchecked). Shouldn't the untrained mares improve on stats after training? It's been so long I sure don't remember.

Discovered I have 10 PP NM, not 11. One was being ridden & turned out to be a "black horse." :p

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
When using the Pet Intensity Calculator.. for legacy mares do I uncheck the "Rate 125 Minimum" box?

I've run them thru the calc with that box unchecked. I must say, it's disappointing results on some of them. For example, when rated at Four point Five stars on the old calc one sure doesn't perform well on the new calc (i.e. doesn't hit 70 if the above box is unchecked). Shouldn't the untrained mares improve on stats after training? It's been so long I sure don't remember.

Discovered I have 10 PP NM, not 11. One was being ridden & turned out to be a "black horse." :p

You will want to check rate 125 minimum, especially if their attributes are not capped.

The pet intensity calculator rates their intensity value vs all other legacy mares. In the old rating, resists were given a weight greater than that of any other attribute because those could not be fixed and they were important to the survival of the animal.

Now that training allows you to "fix" weak areas of your pet, you general want the pet that offers the greatest intensity as that will allow the best fully trained pet.

Something to remember, most animals will tend to fall around the 40-60. Above 70 is considered exceptional. Above 80 is considered extremely exceptional for most animals and if you manage to find a 90% it would be extremely rare. It's generally a bell curve regarding spawned values.

Nightmares have a decently tight spawn range (only 349 points) so the difference between a 70 and 80 or even a 60 and 80 isnt that much.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Use the 125 button they skill to that real fast.
Run again. And you can link page to the pet.

Bithmus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hello,

EJ returning player here. I have 3 PP pets. It doesn't look like anyone uses White Wyrms or Dragons any more. Is it not worth training them up?

My Legacy Pets in order of Intensity:
a white wyrm - 76.66 - Pet Intensity Calculator | uo-cah.com

Draco the PP Dragon - 73.93 - Pet Intensity Calculator | uo-cah.com

a nightmare - 44.99 - Pet Intensity Calculator | uo-cah.com

I'm working on training a giant beetle now so I don't mess up my PP pets - 77.7 - Pet Intensity Calculator | uo-cah.com

I can't post links yet. I'll try to remember to come back and add them.

Regards,
Bithmus

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hello,

EJ returning player here. I have 3 PP pets. It doesn't look like anyone uses White Wyrms or Dragons any more. Is it not worth training them up?

My Legacy Pets in order of Intensity:
a white wyrm - 76.66 - Pet Intensity Calculator | uo-cah.com

Draco the PP Dragon - 73.93 - Pet Intensity Calculator | uo-cah.com

a nightmare - 44.99 - Pet Intensity Calculator | uo-cah.com

I'm working on training a giant beetle now so I don't mess up my PP pets - 77.7 - Pet Intensity Calculator | uo-cah.com

I can't post links yet. I'll try to remember to come back and add them.

Regards,
Bithmus
Welcome back Bithmus!

Dragons got hit hard with a recent patch and any not already trained will probably not recover from it. They are still nice to keep untrained because you can no longer get a 3 slot dragon. If you try to train it up right now, it immediately turns into a 4 slot, just like all the other wild dragons. I have several dragons that were trained prior to patch 99, they actually turned out to be nice pets.

White Wyrms among some people are in high demand. They can fetch up to 100m depending on resists (people like lower cold) and high str (760 being the cap). A white wyrm is on my short list of pets I use. It has overcapped strength and no useless preloaded abilities. I love my white wyrms.

I would hold off on training the nightmare until we see if Bleak adds in the taming changes this patch, if it's not in this patch it wont be until next year. The ability to remove dragon breath from Nightmares would be very nice and make them stronger.

Last edited:

Bithmus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thank you for the insights Khaelor. Your message wasn't quite clear about White Wyrms: Is it safe or not safe to train a White Wyrm right now? Is it OK to do the old fashioned stat training on all of my pets?

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It is fine to train them right now. I would highly recommend the chivarly/ai build for them (which makes them lose their innate magic). Just makes the best use of their overcapped strength. Even more so if your tamer has eval in their template.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Are you talking about the tamer being able to keep them blessed longer/more effective, to further raise the pet's strength?
Yes. They will lose their innate blessing ability, so if your tamer has high eval, blessing it will further raise the pets strength making it's overcapped strength even more effective. All tamers with eval should bless their pets even without over-capped strength.

(i need to stop posting when I first wake up)

BahamaMama

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry for disappearing in this thread, got terribly busy. So I sold my 4 lowest-rated pp nightmares for 75 mil each in Luna ATL. I still have the 6 highest % pp nightmares... ranging from 71.63 to 85.39%. All are totally untrained except one (which rates at 75%, is pure dark and I haven't begun the advanced training on it yet.
I have 4 totally untrained Bane Dragons, ranging from 74.68 to 80.91%.
I was happy to find at least 2 of my four pp CUs are still good ones. Both white in color & one is at 89.11% & other at 82.15%
I am unsure about my pp Greater Dragons. I used the calc selection for "Greater Dragons" when running the calcs. Is that accurate for Legacy/PP GDs or will there be a Greater Dragon (Legacy) option eventually? My highest one rated at 70% which was sad considering I have 9 GDs stabled.

I need to get an idea of the value of my 89% CU and the Bane Dragons. I'll want to keep the 2 good CUs but I don't need 4 Bane Dragons-- will keep the 81% Bane.

Thanks again for the help you good folks give on here! :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are the Cus 4 slot? If so, they are not worth much.

Sounds like you are doing a good job of selling the pets on your own.

BahamaMama

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, the CUs are 4-slot. Still good to train for personal use though or should I tame a fresh one? Guess I don't understand. I'm not just looking for sale value but which to keep as my personal pets to train up.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, the CUs are 4-slot. Still good to train for personal use though or should I tame a fresh one? Guess I don't understand. I'm not just looking for sale value but which to keep as my personal pets to train up.
The fresh tames are 3 slot. So a 4 slot one is just deco.