• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pricing guidelines

P

pgcd

I've finally managed to conquer a few barbed kits, and immediately proceeded to waste charges =)
I was able to tailor two decent suits for my warriors, but now I'm left with some pieces I'd like to sell, so I'd appreciate it if someone could give me pointers on pricing (even though I know there are differences between shards).

My idea was to give a price to different properties, and factor in the desirability of certain groups of those, starting with resists.
For instance, I'd like to be able to have a price for various ranges of resists totals, something like:
<30: 0 GP (or even a malus)
31-50: 30k GP
50-60: 100k GP
60-70: 500k GP
70>: 1 million GP

Of course, this is just an example and I'm kinda sure the actual prices are wildly different...

Then, I'd like to know what you consider fair pricing for some of the most desirable mods - e.g. mana regen - and whether you price those exponentially (i.e. MR 1 = 50k, MR 2 = 500k or something like that).

By the way, if I can get some statistically relevant figures, I'd love to write a small application to calculate an average price for a certain item - do you think it would be a very very stupid idea?

UCCDog

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BOD's-R-Us had something like this before it was shut down.

With that said it still didn't give you an estimate on price. I had something that site said was worth 3mil but was really worth 12.

Prices fluctuate too much so I doubt there would ever be a set price for something like that.

It's only worth what someone is willing to pay.

If you say it's worth 5mil but no one will pay but only 2mil it has to be worth 2mil sadly

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Prices vary so much from shard to shard, so it's very difficult to set general pricing guidelines for armor.

All that said, I only sell 58+ resist armor, since pieces need to average a little more than 58 to make an all 70's suit. I sell stuff in Luna on Napa and Pacific.

For 58 and 59 resists, I multiply the resists times 5,000.
For 60-69, I multiply the resists times 10,000.
For 70-79, I multiply the resists times 20,000.
For 80-89, I multiply the resists times 100,000.
For 90+, I multiply the resists times 275,000.

Now if the suit also has LRC 15-19, I double the Value.
If it has LRC 20, I triple the value.
If it also has 130+ luck, I double the Value.
If it has 140 luck, I triple the value.

For low resist stuff (less than 58 resists) with at least LRC 15% or higher on it, I sell if for LRC * 5,000
For low resist stuff with High Luck, I sell it for Luck * 1,000, unless it's 140 luck, then I sell it for 500K.

If it also has Mana Regen, I multiply the price by 1.1 for MR 1 and 1.25 for MR 2.

P

pgcd

Thanks for the input, Setnaffa - that's pretty much what I was asking for, and it gave me some precious hints (eg. stamina increase and suchlike aren't really worth much).

I also started coding a sort of stock manager (to translate UOA vendor manager data into a more usable CSV format, with the ultimate goal of having it suggest a price and keeping track of what container the items are in), which seems to work nicely - too bad I decided to use Jscript and windows scripting host, that lack *any* form of user input. You can't browse for a file, you can't paste from the clipboard, you can't display a prompt, etc. So I guess I'll have to start from scratch with a different language, which is kinda annoying.

P

pgcd

Ok, so here's the first output from my little script... I manually expunged the worst crap (50 resists and nighsight was very popular with my kits), and I'd like to see if the rest of the stuff is priced correctly - I tried to use Setnaffa's guidelines, but I feel I lack some refinement.
The formatting was also provided by my script, so it's a tad different from the standard and a bit quirky...

barbed leather gloves crafted by Lyssennaar exceptional insured
cold resist: 6
energy resist: 23
fire resist: 8
hit point regeneration: 1
luck: 52
mana regeneration: 2
physical resist: 18
poison resist: 8
Total resists: 63
Price: 756000
horned leather leggings crafted by Lyssennaar exceptional insured
cold resist: 19
energy resist: 7
fire resist: 22
hit point increase: 3
mana increase: 7
physical resist: 6
poison resist: 6
stamina increase: 3
Total resists: 60
Price: 300000
horned leather sleeves crafted by Lyssennaar exceptional insured
cold resist: 8
energy resist: 9
fire resist: 16
physical damage: 6
physical resist: 5
poison resist: 21
reflect physical damage: 6
Total resists: 59
Price: 354000
horned leather gloves crafted by Lyssennaar exceptional insured
fire resist: 11
night sight:
physical damage: 14
physical resist: 17
poison resist: 23
reflect physical damage: 14
self repair: 2
Total resists: 64
Price: 640000
horned leather leggings crafted by Lyssennaar exceptional
energy resist: 9
lower reagent cost: 20
physical resist: 18
poison resist: 9
self repair: 3
Total resists: 50
Price: 7500
horned leather sleeves crafted by Lyssennaar exceptional
cold resist: 21
energy resist: 8
hit point regeneration: 2
lower mana cost: 5
luck: 81
physical resist: 5
poison resist: 9
Total resists: 51
Price: 81000
barbed leather gorget crafted by Lyssennaar exceptional
cold resist: 18
fire resist: 5
mana increase: 6
night sight:
physical resist: 20
Total resists: 58
Price: 290000
barbed leather tunic crafted by Lyssennaar exceptional
cold resist: 7
energy resist: 21
fire resist: 6
hit point increase: 4
physical resist: 17
poison resist: 12
Total resists: 63
Price: 630000
horned leather leggings crafted by Lyssennaar exceptional
energy resist: 5
fire resist: 23
luck: 83
night sight:
physical resist: 8
Total resists: 50
Price: 83000

So, what do you think? Are the prices roughly correct?

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should have numbered your items ...
I am not familar with those items or pricing them, but some of them seem to have not really wanted properties and/or too low intensities to be of greater value.
I would never pay that much for
- nr 2 (hp inc 3, stam inc 3, man inc 7)
- nr 4 (ns, dam reflect and self repair)
- nr 6 (luck, but not really high with out usefull mods for a luck suit: mr or lrc)
- nr 7 nothing really usefull/low intensity besides its resists
- nr 8 same as nr 7
- nr 9 /same reason as nr 6)

The price for nr 5 seems to be way too low on your calculations.

Pls bear in mind for my comments, that resist-leggings are in competition with royal leggings of ember. I ve seen heritage tokens for as low as 200k on GL.

Edit: *arrgs* Just realized, that not all of those items are leggings. Beside that it doenst changes my opinion about the prices.

P

pgcd

I agree: I'll add item numbering to the script. The prices were roughly based on Setnaffa's guidelines, as I understood them. I find it interesting that you value mods above resists (at least, that's what it looks like), though. Care to explain your "pricing rules", if you have any?

By the way - I just noticed nr 5 is only 7500, so I checked the script, and found I completely forgot the "high lrc/low resists" case... The price for that should be around 300000, I think.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some of your calculations are a bit off. 60 Resists should be 600K, and LRC 20% and MR 2 should get 125K.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Responding to a post in a thread I locked:

<blockquote><hr>

For Setnaffa ,

I feel sorry about that guy,

he did not know why people use horned leather instead of barbed leather.
And his price guildline is really confusing.

For me and my friends, we never price equipments depending on their resis.
For example if you got a horned gloves with
HPI 5
MPI 5
LMC 8
mana reg 2
LRC 20
45 resis

will u sell it at 20k ?

We should check its intencity and its properties and resis not just its resis!

For this piece, it has above 92 intencity. We never sell it at 20k!

Anyhow, I just want to share my experience with everybody.
Never want to argue with anyone.
Have a good day

[/ QUOTE ]I've been selling armor on Napa and Pacific for over 4 years now, so I know what sells and what doesn't sell.

The piece in your example has low resists, but also has LRC 20% and MR 2, so according to the guidelines my previous post, your piece would go for 125K (LRC * 5000 * 1.25 because of the MR2), not 20K. If you have better pricing guidelines, then please post them.

I'm yet to hear an explanation why Crafting with Normal Leather then enhancing with Horned will give better results than Crafting with Barbed.

Please don't feel sorry for me. I know what I'm talking about. You seem a little new at this, so wait until you have a bit more experience before you question my advice.

G

Thanks for posting your price guide. Some follow up questions for you:

What about stat mods?
What about self repair?

I have sleeves that are:

Self Repair 3
Stam Inc 8
LRC 20
6/7/22/5/21

Your guidelines price them at 1.83 million, if I did the math right.

Also, for everyone to consider, guidelines are just that. I happily paid 5m for a tunic that nicely completed my archer suit. These guidelines priced it at 1.75m. Did I overpay? Yeah, I thought it was high when i saw it, but the totality of the suit matters more than gold sometimes.

That archer suit now has hci 45, mr 6, nightsight and gives me 176 stamina with resists of 70/65/65/69/70.

5 million was cheap to me to get that. It took me a long time to break down and buy armor made by someone else too. I always took pride in my suits being all mine, either through crafting or enhancing. Well, the gorget is still mine and I enhanced the sleeves so I've got that going for me. :)

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I love stat mods; however, I've never seen them make a difference with a sale. I suppose if there is a 100% stat mod, you could multiply the final price by 1.25. That's kind of up to you.

Self Repair has never been a favorite of mine. With some PoF (which I have plenty of with my BOD gathering smiths) I can get a piece to 255/255 with very little effort and it will last me for days. I'd rather have a Stat mod, regen, or more resists. Because of my personal opinion that it isn't important enough, I wouldn't increase the price because of it.

And I do agree with you. Somebody who finds that perfect piece to complete their suit would be willing to pay almost anything for it. My pricing guidelines are by no means the "bible" of pricing. I don't take into account the shard, vendor location, or the truly unpredictable - the price a player would be willing to pay for a piece that completes their perfect suit.

G

Thanks for posting your guideline, its helpful when not sure what to price armor at.

I

imported_tnynyn

Its pretty hard to sell with those guidelines, even on ATL if you dont have a vendor in Luna or something. So I generally take 50-75% off after calculating those prices in a lesser populated vendor area.