• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Price Ranges for Pets?

A

AngelOz

Hi folks, been away for many years... Trying to get up to speed on SO many changes.

I got a stable full of pets, of course only the best ones were tamed, and limited gold...

Just wondering what would be fair prices these days to offload one or two of my pet friends. (i know its going to vary widely... But i have no idea even where to start).

Like Is 100k too much for a dragon these days? If anyone could offer advice on price ranges... Depending on stats... It would help me out a lot (ya know, dont want to get ripped off... Or rip anyone else off).

Atlantic Shard

Thanks in advance.

retrorider

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi folks, been away for many years... Trying to get up to speed on SO many changes.

I got a stable full of pets, of course only the best ones were tamed, and limited gold...

Just wondering what would be fair prices these days to offload one or two of my pet friends. (i know its going to vary widely... But i have no idea even where to start).

Like Is 100k too much for a dragon these days? If anyone could offer advice on price ranges... Depending on stats... It would help me out a lot (ya know, dont want to get ripped off... Or rip anyone else off).

Atlantic Shard

Thanks in advance.
Holy Yikes!

100k wouldn't buy 20 ribs these days. Ok, it would but it's waaay to little for a decent Greater Dragon.

We are talking about a Greater Dragon, yes? If not then you have been away a looong time.

You can use the Pet Power Calc to get a general idea of what you pet ranks on the scale of pets.

Here's that link:
Pet Power Calculator | UOCraft.com

Get your pets ranked and check back and we can help.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Pet Power calculator is a good way to determine a "score" for your pet. Most buyers will want something close to 4.0 or better to be interested. In my opinion, the only pets that I get much movement on are rare colored cu's, rare colored hiryus, greater dragons, VERY good rune beetles and VERY good mares. Oh, Dread Warhorses are worth a bunch too, but if you weren't around for that event (maybe 3 years ago??) you probably don't have them either. PVPers love them. If you do, you're in the money lol. Not much else sells. Your regular dragon (I'm assuming it is if you've been away more than roughly two years) is worth little to nothing.

As far as prices, that will depend on shard. I find Atlantic and Great Lakes to offer the best prices. I generally sell my pets fully trained. Depending on stats/skills/resists, Black/white cu's bring 5-12 mill, gdrags I sell for 2-25 million, hiryus 2-5 million and mares/bugs for 1-3 million, though I have sold a couple outstanding beetles for up to 8 milllion and was offered 15 million for one of my tamer's personal bug. A dread warhorse, even a crap one, will be 25+ million, and someone in my guild sold a really great one for 200 mill.