• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Price Check on 2-Story Talking Statue

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PoCove

2-300 mil each statue ... This is the price on most shards...

Hope this helps

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whatver alex....but we all know the 2 storys are the most duped item in the game bar none....and by far the most over inflated in price....theres people out there with chests full of them...drip feeding the markets....but if it make u feel better your ''dads'' 2 story is worth between 100-300m.....:stretcher:

thanks and have a good good day...

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'LL Have some of THAT!!!!!

under the impression the duped ones talk too??? never seen one that doesnt up to press....but whatever trevor......

.My PC 100-300m stands....

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My price check on the statue is 200-300m. Good luck Alex! You have an awesome dad!

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've never seen one go for 300mill but 150-250mill is probably a more accurate range. The talking ones going for 250 whereas non-speaking ones going closer to 150.

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Assia, but it doesnt matter anymore. I was unlocking it to move it around in my PRIVATE castle. And it just vanished. Same thing happened with my freind when he was locking down his FIRST evnet item ever, the EM Bennu Bones, and the to also vanished. I paged the GM's and their typical awnser "Sorry for your loss, we cannot replace stolen or scammed items". Well what i dont get is Mesanna and other GM's do in fact replace those items or give them something better. Mesanna just recently gave someone a tram castle placed in town guards because that person got scammed and lost a 200 or 300mil rare. Well i to lost a 300mil rare and im not asking for a 5bil worth castle or anything like that. I just want my statue back because my dad gave it to me as a gift and therfore has sentimental value to me. I dont know what i did to deserve such bad luck lately but i must have did something. I might quit over this if nothing is done, i already lost 1bil worth if you add up all the stuff that has been stolen from me. I sent 3 complaints to the GM's over an hour and a half ago, and im being ignored i guess. I know someone who is freinds with Richard Garriot (Lord British) in real life, so if the GM's cant do nothing then maybe he can. We players work hard for our items and the GM's put it off like its no big deal. So i dont know what will happen.
Your post is priceless because:

1)

Alexander of ATL said:
I bought the statue at a discounted price because the previous owner is a family member of mine in real life.
Alexander of ATL said:
I just want my statue back because my dad gave it to me as a gift and therfore has sentimental value to me.
Your dad sold to you one of the most heavily duped items in UO history!!!

2)

Alexander of ATL said:
I know someone who is freinds with Richard Garriot (Lord British) in real life, so if the GM's cant do nothing then maybe he can
Again, priceless!!

S

Sebastian (BMC)

Listen up NOOBS...

His "dad" didn't sell him anything... His "dad" gave him the item on consignment to sell if he wanted to or keep it for himself...

I didn't buy it, I got it in trade on a house...

To whoever it was that grabbed it when he unlocked it at his castle, we'll be watching to see if one goes up for sale so I hope whoever stole it did so for personal use...

Bottom line Alexander... You just learned a multi-million gold piece lesson...

Whoever the trammy was that pulled off the old school trick... Nice one ace... I'll get ya back in spades... ;)

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To whoever it was that grabbed it when he unlocked it at his castle, we'll be watching to see if one goes up for sale so I hope whoever stole it did so for personal use...
Ouch. Sorry to hear that Alexander. Always use detect hidden, even if you think you're alone and you keep your doors locked. Hopefully this will help someone else from falling for the same thing.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sorry to hear of your loss alex...really that sucks...

after a little probing there was 2 x 2 story statue server births...one was in moonglow and the other in dungeon....think deciet but i maybe wrong again...anyways one talked and the other did not....no idea if a dupe of the moonglow or a dupe of the dungeon one does talk....thats to say...i guess it depends which of the two was duped by ''a duper''...

again sorry it was snatched but always use detect hidden b4 releasing anything or placing anything to lockdown

im not the enemy...really...i just say what i see....

good luck if u can a retrival.....

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the thing that bothers me most about this situation is the culture where people think it's ok to do this. It's almost a common event now to see where someone got this valuable rare scammed/stolen from them in a rather deceitful manner. Be it scamming or hiding and picking it up when then unlock it.

I find it really disturbing how people can steal from others on this game and there is no path for retribution or recovery, there is no justice.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the thing that bothers me most about this situation is the culture where people think it's ok to do this. It's almost a common event now to see where someone got this valuable rare scammed/stolen from them in a rather deceitful manner. Be it scamming or hiding and picking it up when then unlock it.

I find it really disturbing how people can steal from others on this game and there is no path for retribution or recovery, there is no justice.
Player demanded that they lose their ability to get justice with the introduction of trammel, insurance and easier stealthing rules.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Player demanded that they lose their ability to get justice with the introduction of trammel, insurance and easier stealthing rules.
Justice has nothing to tram or fel. It has to do with the ability to track and find out who actually performed the deed and impart justice. Justice isn't just killing the character.

S

Sebastian (BMC)

Guys...

I've been in UO since Moby **** was a minnow...

What happened here IS Ultima Online at it's finest...

(Side Note to the GM's)
If Alexander tries to regain any loss here, deny him... I'm his ol man and you can use this thread as why you wont... Sorry son, but this is UO, not Everquest, not WOW, not Tabula Rosa, etc, etc, etc...

This is the Grand-Daddy of MMORPG's and it's always been (Even in Trammel) a dog eat dog world... If you cant secure your items in game properly then you your opening yourself up for calamity and it will find you... Count on it...

What I cant stand is when some trammy looses a valueable item and then cries their precious little eyes out to a GM asking for a hand out or some type of compensation for their loss and to any GM's that have indulged, SHAME ON YOU!!! That kind of action is not the essence of UO and it's not what UO is all about... I shouldn't have to school a GM here but if your handing out rares like it's candy or, dare I say it, dropping castles for players in unplaceable areas for other players, then your abusing your power and being unfair to the players that have to much pride than to accept such a gift out of respect for the other players in the game... It's appauling and disgusting and I personally wouldn't wanna mark myself or this esteemed guild, born in Felucca, with such a tag as being a trammy begger fighting with other trammy beggers over door prizes that no one but themselves consider valueable... It's nonsense and it's ridiculous Game Masters!!! If you wanna make something a true rare, put it on a beast or monster and make the drop ratio astronomical... FOLKS, THAT IS A RARE!!! Not some door prize!!!

Alexander... You weren't playing back when the virtual world of UO was full of danger and every con-artist in America had an account or 10... But there was a time when locking something that valueable on your front steps would be considered arrogant and would beg other players to scam it right out of your hands...

In my book... Your not a true UO player until you've lost 100-200mil... So welcome to the club... ;)

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Justice has nothing to tram or fel. It has to do with the ability to track and find out who actually performed the deed and impart justice. Justice isn't just killing the character.
Actually justice was killing the character, looting your item back and taking anything they had too.

Bon Iver

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Okay I'll do the moderator's job here and say that this thread is basically over... Everyone learned there lesson and we got some history facts on the two-story statue.

Just remember:
#1. Never lock down an event item on your steps or anywhere near the foundation.

#2. Use detect hidden, this is an online game and your best friend could be your worst enemy. Even if your house is private, there still might be people accessed to the house. If your house is public, make sure to secure your doors and then use detect hidden.

Well would you look at that? "Avoiding Lock Down Scams 101".

I hope the statue is returned or you receive another for a good deal Alex.

:thumbup:

Gospel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So not only did Alexander change his story 3 times in this thread but I personally saw him trying to sell this statue to a guy in Luna a couple days ago. Seems legit...

Also Sebastion tried to sell me an Invuln Blue dye for 10 mil claiming it was ultra rare. Being a con artist must run in the family.

T

tiggertessa2007

i stopped reading this post about 4 comments in....ugg arguing ! anyway i dont know the exact price but if it talks all the time "each time ur char walks by it" it should be worth a bit more....there are 3 kinds of these statues "was just having this convo with a friend" you have the ones that dont talk at all, you have the ones that will talk but only the 1st time they see your char, then you have the version that just likes to talk all the time lol. the last seems to be the highest priced and most collectable.....if i was u id just hang on to it.

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So not only did Alexander change his story 3 times in this thread but I personally saw him trying to sell this statue to a guy in Luna a couple days ago. Seems legit...

Also Sebastion tried to sell me an Invuln Blue dye for 10 mil claiming it was ultra rare. Being a con artist must run in the family.
I see where your coming from and i take no offence to your accusation. But yes, my dad did give it to me....... but....... I HAD TO PAY HIM BACK IN CERTAIN AMOUNT OF TIME, so basically i did buy it. I figured that information wasnt really needed in this thread but to clear up that accusation i posted it in this post. And what you saw was me CONSIDERING selling it. I never did once advertise at luna bank or any bank that i was selling it. A guy was indeed advertising and his name was "Corruption" but weirdly enough when i logged on he had the very same armor but with a name, "Perfection", he was addvertising that he was buying one. Me being stupid i partied him and we were talking. He offered me a large amount for it and i actually would have traded it for that amount. But......... when i went to my house to unlock it, it vanished. And the thing is, i didnt know anyone where it was. And yes, when i did make the statement above when i said i would sell, this offer blew my mind and i wasnt thinking at that time. Well as everyone says if its to good to be true, dont fall for it, agian i wasnt using my head. Now... i dont know if that story about my dad is true or not, but i posted this because i wanted to be clearer and to clean up that accusation.

Status
Not open for further replies.