• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Preset or Default location for opening containers

Bearclaw

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Is there a way to set or preset a screen location for new containers that you open. I realize you can go into the chr setup file and preset the location for your backpack, play window, map, etc... but I didn't see anything that would allow me to set a location for new containers. It may not be possible to set, but I thought I would ask.

So for example, when I open a corpse or a container I haven't already opened, they always seem to open in the upper left hand side of the screen. I would prefer them to open in the lower right hand side of my screen so it is closer to the my backpack on the screen. Since they always seem to open in the upper left hand side of my screen, I'm guessing there is a default set somewhere that tells them to open in that location and maybe I can change it to a different location.

A lot of you guys have more knowledge of the EC than me, so I'm hoping someone can help me out with this.

Thanks!!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've not found the option in the default client but with pinco UI it saves container locations so you can edit them.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You could use a command macro with
Code:
script ContainerWindow.DEFAULT_START_POSITION = { x=600, y =300 }
and adjust x and y to your needs.

Put the macro into a hotbar and click it. Close all open containers and new ones should open at the new position. Needs to be clicked every time you log in though.

Bearclaw

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Finally figured out what I was doing wrong. At first I could not this this to work at all. It would always put containers in the bottom right corner (not where I wanted them) no mater what I set x and y to. So I didn't use this for the longest time. Just got a new computer and was adjusting everything for the new screen and thought I would give this another try.

Turns out I had everything correct except I had a capital Y instead of a lower case y in the script text. Just didn't pick up on the difference before, but changed it to a lower case y and now it works like a charm!!

Thanks again @petemage for the script!!!!