• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pre-patched pets?

T

Tulatheone

So i have a question, how can i tell if i have a pre-patched pet? read alot about them but i cant figure out how i know if i have one..

Cheers :)

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well the most recent "pre-patch" pets are the curse tamed pets - those pets that lose half of their stats on taming that were tamed under the effects of a curse spell. You can tell it was curse tamed if it's stamina is higher than it's dex.

L

LoL/Sonoma

I must be missing something ... what would be the benefit to curse taming a pet? Wouldnt that result in lower stats?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It doesn't have any effect now, but it used to have the effect of raising hit points and stamina, and lowering strength. Because stamina is so important in pvp those pets are highly sought after now, and sell for outrageous sums.

L

LoL/Sonoma

Any the only way to tell is if Stamina is higher than Str?

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Any the only way to tell is if Stamina is higher than Str?

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.
Stamina is higher than dex, not str. Normally dex and stam have the same cap, but on curse tamed pets the stamina cap will be higher than the dex cap.

F

fordn2

would you be willing to sell your meat eating unicorn or does anyone else have one for sale

N

Nyx (Atl)

Also, if you see a greater dragon with over 1000HP, it was curse tamed.

B

BellaofCats

would you be willing to sell your meat eating unicorn or does anyone else have one for sale
I came into the Tamers Forum thinking this very thing. Just struck me as funny rolleyes:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have an ancient White Wyrm that i tamed back during the first week that T2A launched. Can tell he's pre-patch and old as dirt because he refuses to eat gold, where White Wyrms that have spawned within the past 10+ years eat gold. I also have a Pure Long Mane Mare that i tamed the first week of T2A as well, luckily before they stopped spawning for several years. Only way to tell that's he's an old one, is his AI. He goes ape**** berserk in a fight and mana dumps.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm looking into buying one of the really fast cu's and a prepatch hiryu if anyone knows of any. I'm not sure by loring that there is any way to tell on them, just need to do some testing.

V

Valfor

I have a black pre patch cu on baja. If your interested, come to baja and we can do some tests to show you that its a pre patch.