• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pre-Patch White Wyrm Build

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
Hello all,

I am a freshly returning player from about a 15 year break from the game and I am looking to begin pet training on my pre-patch White Wyrm. Let me first dispense with the immediate reation most of you will have. I am not doing any training with my pet as of yet, except on Test Center so I can better understand the new training system.
What I want to know are opinions about my thoughts for a build. Once I am ready to begin that process.
I'm definitely going to go Chiv + Armor Ignore. Doing Legendary x8 Wrestling, Tactics, Anatomy, Parrying, Chivalry, Focus, Meditation, Resisting Spells. Building up Resists 80/80/80/50/75.
150 Stamina, Max HP Regen, Max Mana Regen and Max Base Damage.

After that I'm not sure how to spend the remaining points I have between Stamina Regen, Hit Points and Mana.
Also would you make any other changes to HP Regen, Mana Regen and Resists?
Stamina Regen is very expensive and I know swing speed is important with this guy but to put even 5 into that will eat up a lot of hit points or Mana. I would like the Hit points to be somewhere around 645.

Attached are my pre-training stats and resists. Any thoughts would be very welcomed.

Thanks! White Wyrm Base Stats.png

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
First, I feel the need to give the standard response. You should really consider building some "throw away" pets first, like cu sidhe and lesser hiryu. Doing this will give you an idea how the system works before you go onto a pet that you can never replace.

With that said, and assuming you are hell bent to go forward with your legacy WW, I ran your WW through the pet calc on uo-cah.com (awesome resource for the pet trainer) and came up with 2 paths. 1st path, 5 SR, 650 hp and the remaining 17 points into mana. 2nd path, 10 SR, 630 hp and the remaining points (17 again) into mana.

Warning!! This is how I'd go with the legacy if that was mine, it's up to you to pick what you want, which goes back to the standard response above, mess with other pets first!
Don't discount stam regen, 5-10 is enough. No need to go higher, but you will want some. Pets will burn mana. So you don't need 1000 in the mana pool. It's best to plan for the regen of mana, so max MR (30) and your planned med and focus scrolling will help!

I really feel it would be best to put this guy in the stable and practice with other pets. TC is nice to "play" on but let's be honest, you'll not spend the time needed there to skill up you pet to actually test it out. Which is why I'm saying practice on other pets.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In terms of Resists, i'd go for 80/80/80/45/80. Mobs that deal Poison damage are fairly rare, while Energy damage is pretty common. I'd go with the 10 SR route that Mordha laid out.

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
Thank you for the great information. I do appreciate it. I am planning on messing with a couple other pets of mine first. I am currently training up a Nightmare (non-legacy) and just yesterday got a Cu to play with as well. I am fully aware that once I train up my legacy pet there is no replacing it, so I'm going to take it slow and see what works best for me.
Thanks for the feedback on Resists as well, I will make that adjustment on other pets going forward, it makes perfect sense.

XeneX

Adventurer
There's some personal preference in some of these final details, but I would certainly max out MR for longer fights, and next I'd take SR to 10. It's not always needed, but on mobs that drop stam it'll be significant. Then I'd take HP past 600.

I concur on resists. My chiv/ai pp ww cures himself so fast poison resist seems like a waste.

You can see what I did with my pp ww here. I've been quite pleased with the results. Note that I was capped on resist so had to sit a few points lower on energy than I would have otherwise.