• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

"Pre-chest loot"

• Thread starter Evilminion
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
E

Evilminion

My apologies if this has already been asked, but I can't seem to find the info anywhere. And I'm not a fisherman... um, fisherwoman... fishertoon... whatever. :)

What exactly IS "SoS/MiB Pre-Chest Loot"? I'm sorting my stuff, and I'd like to know if I have any. 'Cause I'm a hopeless picker-up of stuff left lying around at the bank; there could be ANY damn thing in there. :D

Thanks in advance for any info!

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm going to make a guess that this would include but not be limited to fished up boots, shoes, barrels, seashells, pillows, paintings etc

Anyone know for sure?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
that would be my thoughts also

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well im at work (yay work) so I can't test on Origin, which is my main shard. I'll check when I get home.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
pre-chest loot will be tagged "recovered from a shipwreck"

you'll want to think twice about turning in older shipwreck loot... some collectors enjoy pre-pub 16 items where the (for instance) "A Painting Recovered from a Shipwreck" is all on the first line in yellow

E

Evilminion

Ah! Thank you so very much, all. :) Guess that explains why I've been having trouble finding a vendor to sell me pillows for my new house deco! Everyone must have snapped 'em up as soon as the details of the publish were announced, heh.

I think I've got a sack of paintings somewhere, yay!

M

miss uo

your right!! There are a number of items all labeled as "Recovered from a Shipwreck"........
there's globes, candelabras, boots, shoes, paintings, pillows, a variety of shells, bones, body parts.

R

RavenWinterHawk

your right!! There are a number of items all labeled as "Recovered from a Shipwreck"........
there's globes, candelabras, boots, shoes, paintings, pillows, a variety of shells, bones, body parts.
BINGO recovered from a shipwreck
you win 250 points.

M

miss uo

pre-chest loot will be tagged "recovered from a shipwreck"

you'll want to think twice about turning in older shipwreck loot... some collectors enjoy pre-pub 16 items where the (for instance) "A Painting Recovered from a Shipwreck" is all on the first line in yellow
Yep, forgot to add info on the pre-patched loot.

P

Prince Caspian

Heh. Sure. That's what it is.

Next time your fishing and pull up beer cans, license plates, discarded rubbers, etc.... it aint garbage. It's "pre-chest loot."

E

Evilminion

Personally, I would think that pre-chest loot would be FISH, wouldn't it? :)

M

Melina Havelock

Ah yes, I was turning in a ton of fishing loot when the collector rudely handed back "A Pillow Recovered From A Shipwreck". I found this unacceptable considering he was greedily snatching my other pillows practically from my hands! I tried again, he would not take that one particular pillow. Hmmph!

E

Evilminion

This does leave one with the question... what is he doing with all those pillows?

My preference? The first annual...

ALL-SOSARIA GRAND PILLOW BATTLE!

Hey, a girl can hope... :D

Ferrut

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder if you can turn the chests themselves in, as they also say "recovered from a shipwreck"? Having said that, they are also not really "pre-chest loot", for obvious reasons!!

A

Azureal

I wonder if you can turn the chests themselves in, as they also say "recovered from a shipwreck"? Having said that, they are also not really "pre-chest loot", for obvious reasons!!
I had wondered this as well, and have kept all of mine lately just incase. Im guessing its the tagging of the itme that allows the turn in, so Im willing to bet it may just work.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, you can turn in the chests too.

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well it in a way it is good you can't accidentally turn in the old PrePatched fishing loot, but if someone actually wanted to, it sort of sucks for them. I am sure it will create some confusion for those that don't pay attention to that sort of thing and happen to have some of those items they wish to turn in ;)

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic

C

Conrad99

As I was preparing for the turn in, I found a bunch of pre pub 16 paintings. Large and small.

What is the going rate for these?

A

Azureal

As I was preparing for the turn in, I found a bunch of pre pub 16 paintings. Large and small.

What is the going rate for these?
Ive got a few of them as well, and having noticed people start claiming them to be "rares" I was expecting posts like this.

There is no set price to what an unsuspecting buyer will pay, and as far as pricing is concerned, go enquire on the Rares forum.