• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pre-alpha play?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I saw the Shards dev team mention there would be open pre-alpha play this weekend. Any more details on where to download the client and some basic play guide instructions or hot keys to help us get started?

Looking forward to setting foot into Shards!

-OBSIDIAN-

Melaedha_CS

S.O. Community Manager
VIP
Stratics Veteran
JUST got the link up on our events page! :)

This weekend, everyone can play Shards Online.

The WORLD PREMIERE Shards public pre-alpha preview event begins Thursday 6/5 at 4:00 PM EDT (8:00 PM GMT) and runs through the weekend.

We’re opening our pre-alpha game to the public, with servers set to accommodate up to 400+ players. While we’re at it, we’re taking over the MMORPG Twitch channel.

If you’re not in game, you can watch us on Twitch. If you can’t find us on MMORPG, check out the Shards channel: http://www.twitch.tv/shardsonline.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD SHARDS ONLINE.
NEED DETAILS OR HELP? VISIT OUR PREVIEW WEEKEND GAME GUIDE

SashaSeeks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was just gonna try to send a link, but Melaidha_CS just got it up there. I had a blast when I played it last week.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I downloaded my client and I'm looking forward to giving it a go tonight.

Is there somewhere with hot keys posted or basic instructions on the screens/displays?

Noldor

Knight, Order of the Bug Hunters
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't play the game because I can't read any of the text in the game. I've posted to the official forums with this issue.

http://i.imgur.com/PdRz7hZ.jpg

No Testing For Me! -*(

TQQdles™

Melaedha_CS

S.O. Community Manager
VIP
Stratics Veteran
We're in IRC while we're streaming till later this evening (Eastern US time) and should be able to help. Updated schedule (All streams except the Massively interview are at twitch.tv/MMORPGcom):

SATURDAY – JUNE 7, 2014
11:00 AM EDT – Q&A with your Community Team, Aimee and Chrissay
12:00 PM EDT – Play with the team on the Madness shard
1:30 PM EDT – Livestream Shard Hopping
1:40 PM EDT – Massively Interview with Derek Brinkmann on Massively’s twitch channel
4:00 PM EDT – Q&A Session with designer Jim Shea
5:00 PM EDT – Developer Playground
7:00 PM EDT – Q&A Session with the developers
9:00 PM EDT – Battle of the Backers

SUNDAY – JUNE 8, 2014
11:00 AM EDT – Q&A and demonstration with Systems Designer Bruce Bonnick
1:00 PM EDT – EU Q&A session
3:00 PM EDT – EU PvP Island event
4:00 PM EDT – Interview Q&A session with Draconi
6:00 PM EDT – Weekend Wrapup: additional Q&A with the developers

Noldor

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Noldor, Have you tried catching the team on their IRC channel?
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/?nick=Attuned|?#shardsonline
I myself have never had such a problem.
Hope the link works. I'm not a pro in these posts.

Yep, President invited me into that IRC channel. They suggested a few things...I updated my Catalyst Control Center drivers for the video card and set the options to their suggestion but nothing helped. Still the same issue.

I guess I'll have to get a newer video card if I ever want to help test the game. Now, does anyone have the winning numbers for the lottery?! -)

TQQdles™

SashaSeeks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Noldor, bummer that they were not able to fix the video issue you are having. But you could still possibly play? At this point in the prealpha build there really isn't that much that you would need to read, if the mechanics work for ya. It would just be a matter of collecting spells and skill books, but at least they are sitting in static locations in the merchants boxes. Don't know if that would help ya, but thought I would mention....

Noldor

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found the sword/shield and equipped them. I found the books but I can't read which is which book...and I don't have unlimited in-game coinage.

So I wandered out into the game with sword & shield ready for combat. But I can't read what any of the action bar items do. Nor what any of the icons are on the screen...mouse hover just shows blurred text. I just kept dying.

You know those pages where words are shown with mixed symbols but your mind can infer what the paragraph says...I pass those with flying colors. But I can't even tell what the words are suppose to say in the game.

I'll have to pass until I get a new video card.

TQQdles™