• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PP mare..

Maker2014

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I got a 3 slot PP mare. Is it worth anything? Can it go to 2 slot if I release and retame? Any ideas? Ty in advance

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
say trick to confirm it is not a dread
if it is a nightmare, 3 slot, then you CANNOT release and retame to make it 2
:)

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What are the usual stats of dreadmeres?
If you cannot tell by the darker color or trick, Nightmares damage profile is 40% physical, 40% fire, 20 energy. A Dreadmare is 40% physical, 20% Poison, 40% energy

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Nope..its not a dreadmare, looks like a 3 slot PP mare, due to HPS/Str. Would the GM be willing to change it to 2? Or some PP mares were meant to be 3 slot and others 2 slot? I mean is it bugged?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
No such thing. When 97 came out, the mares were 2 or 3 slot depending on stats. They did not have >500 str.

When the patch that made the PP mare came out, all the un touched mares went to 2 slots with >500 str.

Check the damage % like K said.
Its 20% energy damage..not 40% like the dreads..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its 20% energy damage..not 40% like the dreads..
OK. Could be an anomaly. When the Cus turned to 4 slot but could be reduced by release and retame, a guy had one with 603 HP that stayed 4 slot. Woulda been a nice 3 slot.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
HP=335, ST=505, Damgs are: Phys 40, Fire 40, Energy 20%..Slots=3.
Looks like its a PP mare? But if so why the 3 slots..?

Haidon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I have a PP nightmare that is 3 slot also. I got to 100% training, but still haven't pressed the blue button to level it up. Keep on hoping that there will be a modification of some sort in a future patch, but I'm doubtful. I guess it's a "rare" since there doesn't seem to be many 3 slot PP mares out there. :(

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
HP=335, ST=505, Damgs are: Phys 40, Fire 40, Energy 20%..Slots=3.
Looks like its a PP mare? But if so why the 3 slots..?
Prepatch nightmares have a hit point cap of 315. 18 years of taming them, that's what they have had.

Sounds like just a three slot nightmare, perhaps a partially trained nightmare, perhaps went wild while fighting and went to 3 slot and was retamed.

If you have a true prepatch and it's three slot, it's because 1. it was released and retamed sometime between 97 and 99, 2. the training button was pressed between patch 97 and 98.

I would disregard Pawain's statements.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Prepatch nightmares have a hit point cap of 315. 18 years of taming them, that's what they have had.

Sounds like just a three slot nightmare, perhaps a partially trained nightmare, perhaps went wild while fighting and went to 3 slot and was retamed.

If you have a true prepatch and it's three slot, it's because 1. it was released and retamed sometime between 97 and 99, 2. the training button was pressed between patch 97 and 98.

I would disregard Pawain's statements.
Nightmares are cool.

Last edited:

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Nightmares did not have 500 Str before pub 97. They were obviously rerolled.
Nightmares, were always 2 slot and 496+ strength. They had different strength depending upon when they were tamed/used due to various patches added through the years. Original nightmares are all 515 strength. First 6 years+ of nightmare spawns have this strength. Very old returning players will have these nightmares. Then there was the patch that gave a bunch of them 525 strength retro (I was not around for this patch, but i saw people show me them). The ones that were spawned after that had a range of 495-525.

By the same token all old nightmares have 315 health

Now they spawn from 250-500+, around 300ish (depending on other stats) they bump from 2 to 3 slot

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You can find new 3 slots with 500 str. and yes, the str on the one you showed kind of sucks.

Last edited:

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
For reference I took a screenshot of some of my mares.

First are a few of my extremely old legacy nightmares. Pets from way back then didnt have as many attributes as they have now, lore page was very basic. They didnt have skill caps and resists.

Patch 17 (02/10/2003) "To accommodate the new combat system changes, many stats have changed for all pre-and post-AoS creatures—including animals, monsters, and tamed pets. Skill values have changed, elemental resistances & damages have been added, loot has been changed, and hit points were reduced approximately 40%."

Next screen shot is from one tamed before the 525 str patch, if i went through patch notes I could probably pinpoint the patch it was, but I'm not that motivated tonight.

Last one is from a nightmare AFTER the patch that produced the 525 mares up and up until patch 97:

Mares actual had a spawn range for Hits (298-315) and Strength (496-525) up until patch 97.

After 97 we got the wide range of spawning mares we have now 250-525 str and the 298-315 hitpoints.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Those fit the ranges on the 2008 link.

Why didn't equine lovers say something when all of a sudden the nightmares could have 380 strength?

That was quite a change from 496 - 525.

I'm out. Thanks

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Ty for all info. I think will just delete this one. Just taking xtra slot that I need.Thanks..