• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Powerscrolls

Grugot

Journeyman
Does anyone know the percentages of what powerscroll drops from a champ boss? I have an endless supply of stealing and stealth while tactics, swords, med, focus, etc very rarely drop.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
It seems pretty evenly split based on my past experience. I think I’ve filled up several books of 300 and haven’t noticed that it skews.
That said, the worthless ones are more memorable when you get a sucky 120

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It seems pretty evenly split based on my past experience. I think I’ve filled up several books of 300 and haven’t noticed that it skews.
I agree with this and add that it might seem like you get more "junk" scrolls because there are more skills that most people don't need more than 1 of like stealing/stealth/music skills/animal lore & taming/etc. There are only a handful of skills that are used across the board like med/focus/resist/tactics (used for all fighting skills).

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just get annoyed when I don't get 120 tactics every run.
120 tactics and resist are the most expensive scrolls for a reason; not so much they are more rare but because they can be applied to majority of all templates / pet builds.

If you want to make it a game, pick 1 or 2 "junk" skills and see how many times you get those scrolls. Age old rule of UO will kick in that you never get the thing you are looking for :D

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
the nice thing is that all the 110 scrolls that can be used for pets sell for a million or more

it’s actually far better to sell many 110 scrolls rather then one 120. It takes 120 of the 110 scrolls to bind up to one 120. Most of the pet 110s sell fast for 1 mill. So gathering lots of 110s isn’t bad either.

But some things like the bard scrolls are useless unless 120. So I hate getting a 115 discordance.

but If you solo spawn and use a second account protector you can get 10 scrolls so that is a good amount of chances.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
Been a while since I spawned and didn’t get raided. Is it 6 scrolls per? Thought it was 5. Nice

Outlaw Torn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just buy them from the bots that farm despise on arraing, Izumi, hokuto, and mizuho. You could try to stop them but they have 20 hidden archers waiting to auto target you.

Phreak

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just buy them from the bots that farm despise on arraing, Izumi, hokuto, and mizuho. You could try to stop them but they have 20 hidden archers waiting to auto target you.
That is no joke every shard farming all night long

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know I feel this way and I'm sure others do to, but if I were a GM I would easily be able to identify these bots and ban them. So the only thing that makes sense is, Mesanna has instructed them to ask the stupid questions, and if they respond, go away and leave them alone...

gwen

Slightly Crazed
It's almost as if they have been given silent permission.
So they are paying their subscriptions. If someone have fun setting dozen of bots all over dungeon on several shards +paying for active accounts + actually doing champ spawn - let them be.
It is not a big deal for me. I do stuff I like , they do their stuff.
You afraid that Power scrolls will become cheaper? Ok, I will do other things. Most of activities I do now bring very little gold. Just because I want to do that thing

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
So they are paying their subscriptions. If someone have fun setting dozen of bots all over dungeon on several shards +paying for active accounts + actually doing champ spawn - let them be.
It is not a big deal for me. I do stuff I like , they do their stuff.
You afraid that Power scrolls will become cheaper? Ok, I will do other things. Most of activities I do now bring very little gold. Just because I want to do that thing

I unwilling agree... to go after and ban all these people is just unrealistic. There is fundamental flaws to UO and to correct some them it would have to be started from scratch and some that aren't correctable like rmt. As long as player to player trade is available you will never live in a perfect world. Although I find this somewhat of a cheat, I can also see it as they have the know how and capabilities to do it and drive the economy in different directions. It's no diff then real life. Ppl who call for the rules to be enforced or cry, most likely have no capabilities or enjoy the game for what it is, but are just bent.

Long story short, play or shut up. Those bots with 10 paid accs may be keeping the game going although in a construed way.

Hope to see yall unleashed with this lovely topic *wink*

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
Forgot to say that was assuming paid accs... EJ accs was prbly the biggest middle finger BS/EA gave ppl looking for justice of any kind and somehow we're speculating about bots of unknown origin ... if they pay for game like I do, I could care less what they do with it.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fully paided for accounts running on a scripted rail isn't perfect. Yes it might be within some loosely defined set of rules but it sure isn't within the spirit of the game.

If the team is happy to allow this than they are saying it's OK if everyone does the same, fair enough.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Forgot to say that was assuming paid accs... EJ accs was prbly the biggest middle finger BS/EA gave ppl looking for justice of any kind and somehow we're speculating about bots of unknown origin ... if they pay for game like I do, I could care less what they do with it.
You cannot use Justice virtue being EJ.
I like EJ idea. This is how I actually started here after discovering game is still alive several years ago.
Restrictions for EJ are enough for now. And after EJ are not allowed in gen chat it is complete. Gearing EJ often needs some add-on purchase.. 2 EJ accounts (in addition to paid ones) I am using from time to time to help me in my adventures or for ressing, both have High Seas and Eodon add-ons on them.

Last edited:

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Fully paided for accounts running on a scripted rail isn't perfect. Yes it might be within some loosely defined set of rules but it sure isn't within the spirit of the game.

If the team is happy to allow this than they are saying it's OK if everyone does the same, fair enough.
Game is different. Some players do this, some do that. This is within spirit.
Some sell cheap noob gear they get from roof , some are looking for a pieces to out on a safe. Some do only decorating.

Unattended farming is not allowed. Scripting and macroing goes in the client. If someone is so good at it and can make cleaning champion spawn macro? And macro for self-defense to overpower intruders. Ok , he/she deserves those powerscrolls . You always can take your thief there I think :)
Or may be it is a ChatGPT relaxing in the dungeon , killing mobs , entertaining itself after answering our silly questions? Who knows.