• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Powerscrolls, oh the injustice!

L

Lost-Soul

B) This is an MMO and you can basically do anything you want in it solo if you have the right setup.

S

Stupid Miner

Isn't UO the game with freedom as it's foundation?

So why then do some want to force game play onto all players by:
A) forcing players to either face Gankers to get the most important items in the game
B) forcing players to group, when some want to play solo

???

Now, I can see either of these cases for rewards that don't affect character advancement (including items), or even for a greater chance at advancement rewards. But I have a thing against being forced into game play that some players simply don't want.
Buy them

... and quit whining, you can't have everything for yourself.

I have an even bigger thing against players who want these aspects for their own selfish gain. I suspect there's a lot of other gamers who feel the same way, mostly ex-UOers.
Um... don't you realize that this is *exactly* what you're doing?

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Buying them is absurd, I cant even remember the last time I saw 120 mage scroll. When I did it was something like 16mil (stupid).

Whats the price of the mysticism scroll? Again just absurd.

Look at the prices of the new items coming out of the new champ areas, how much more reward does the underbelly need?

The scroll's should never had anything to do with pvp as everyone needs them.

Now with scroll binders the monopoly is complete, you can rarely find 105's any longer.

S

Stupid Miner

Buying them is absurd, I cant even remember the last time I saw 120 mage scroll. When I did it was something like 16mil (stupid).

Look at the prices of the new items coming out of the new champ areas, how much more reward does the underbelly need?

Now with scroll binders the monopoly is complete, you can rarely find 105's any longer.
Actually, scroll binders broke the monopoly.
I've never heard of anyone regularly raiding champ spawns at levels 1-3.
Clear the low level spawns, get a weaker scroll (and some SoTs while you're at it) and leave before level 4. Bind the low PScrolls together until you have what you want.

If you get lucky and get a good SoT, you can sell it for a substantial amount. 1.0 Taming scrolls sell for at least 6 million

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, scroll binders broke the monopoly. I've never heard of anyone regularly raiding champ spawns at levels 1-3. Clear the low level spawns, get a weaker scroll (and some SoTs while you're at it) and leave before level 4. Bind the low PScrolls together until you have what you want.
If you get lucky and get a good SoT, you can sell it for a substantial amount.
Here we are full circle. You Must spawn to get scroll's, one select type of player wins. we need win win, to proceed.

L

longshanks

its funny that the original poster doesn't mention that he wants scrolls to drop on the trammy spawns though i would guess that is his desire. having done a fair amount of trammy spawns i can say that the selfish behavior exhibited by the trammy players rivals and in some cases outclasses that of the fel player.

this boorish behavior is not limited to the spawns either but is widespread anytime we see an event where new shinies are offered.

scrolls belong in fel. they are there to be fought for. there is plenty of ways to make gold in this game to buy what you need.

if you want to go further i would argue that all artifacts save the doom ones only spawn in fel. i would be a total proponent of this if the dev's could get rid of the hacks and cheats that run rampant in not only the pvp ruleset but those sammies that run their lightning strike and heal scripts when soloing dreadhorn as well.

C

Connor_Graham

Here we are full circle. You Must PvM to get artifacts, one select type of player wins. we need win win, to proceed.
Here we are full circle. You Must craft to get runics, one select type of player wins. we need win win, to proceed.
Uh huh. Yep. :thumbup1:

Nowhere is it written that everyone must be able to get everything with one playstyle. Every playstyle having it's own rewards unique to it IS a win-win.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Nowhere is it written that everyone must be able to get everything with one playstyle. Every playstyle having it's own rewards unique to it IS a win-win.
Play style and character choice are very different Conner.

C

Connor_Graham

Crafting is a playstyle. PvM is a playstyle. PvP is a playstyle.

Sorry, but I don't get your point Ot Lives.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Point is, I should not have to pvp to get a scroll to advance my character's effectiveness in UO.

Earn them... sure! but to be limited by someone else's playstyle is bull ****.

H

Harb

Theres a lot of folks here I routinely agree with, but can't on this subject. First, of the 28 characters I maintain/ "build" for self and spouse, none have scroll needs as that aspect of play was addressed long long ago. My feeling has always been, and remains, that no aspect or style of play should be reliant on someone else. Some folks, a lot of them actually, don't want to play the PvP or Fel playstyle and environment. Even for those of us who either don't mind or prefer it, there really is no debate that powerscrolls, since inception, have either required the style or reliance on someone else. It was, and remains, the "wrong" way to design and implement items and character "limits," moreso the latter. The original theme of risk v. reward didn't pan out, it couldn't as implemented. Thats not to say I don't believe that Fel needs a "boost," I continue to advocate that drop rates should be improved here opposed to the Tram rules set, but excluding anything, particularly scrolls, wasn't and isn't the correct way to go. I feel the same regarding ingrediants, as we saw and continue seeing with ML item requirements and forced group play (not in all cases of course). Dev got it right with SA, and the Melissa event also was a good interim offset. In time, IMO dev needs to relook both scrolls and the older ingrediants.

G

Gellor

I, as the OP and one of those you are accusing of hypocrisy, have also made numerous posts about overpowered and unbalancing items. As well as the need to be a heavy powergamer to be competitive. This is all bad for UO as a game.

In all my posts over these issues, I keep running up against the same kinds of opposition, those who want to maintain the status quo because they succeed so well at it. At the expense of other players.
As has been mentioned, scroll binders has broken the monopoly on power scrolls. Can't get that 120 power scroll in one swoop in Fel... go do one of the tram one a few hundred times and get the 105s to make a 120. But oh wait, the complaint there is having to "power game".

Only thing I'm against is people who whine about a system because they can't do it solo and have every thing available in the game handed to them within 5 minutes of starting:thumbup1:

Doom, peerless, etc all have items available that you can't "create" using lesser items. So now, the prices on scrolls drop but the price on items isn't going anywhere. And again, we are still back to the "buy it" or "power game" argument with regards to items.

You can find 105s easily... uh... do a Tram spawn and get them.

There is no such thing as a scroll binder for artifacts. So there is no aid in getting them other than super relying upon chance and power gaming.

And here is a guy who gets it.:thumbup1: Even funnier is he plays a shard that has a screwed up scroll market:thumbup:

Prices on items go WAY in excess of the prices of scrolls. And MOST power scrolls are not needed to play the game or be reasonably competitive.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As has been mentioned, scroll binders has broken the monopoly on power scrolls. Can't get that 120 power scroll in one swoop in Fel... go do one of the tram one a few hundred times and get the 105s to make a 120. But oh wait, the complaint there is having to "power game".

Only thing I'm against is people who whine about a system because they can't do it solo and have every thing available in the game handed to them within 5 minutes of starting:thumbup1:

Doom, peerless, etc all have items available that you can't "create" using lesser items. So now, the prices on scrolls drop but the price on items isn't going anywhere. And again, we are still back to the "buy it" or "power game" argument with regards to items.

You can find 105s easily... uh... do a Tram spawn and get them.

There is no such thing as a scroll binder for artifacts. So there is no aid in getting them other than super relying upon chance and power gaming.

And here is a guy who gets it.:thumbup1: Even funnier is he plays a shard that has a screwed up scroll market:thumbup:

Prices on items go WAY in excess of the prices of scrolls. And MOST power scrolls are not needed to play the game or be reasonably competitive.
Your mistaken, you do not get power scrolls at any tram spawn, else there would be no need for this thread.

Last time I checked you have faction arti's which far outstrip any tram artie eh?

Too Top that off they can be used in tram.

S

Smokin

Yeah, you can't get 105s in tram. I do think that would be a good idea though. Say 8 can drop from the champ with 5% chance of it being 110. So it would still take months and months for you to get the right scrolls to make say a 120 magery scroll.

It wouldn't effect the market really because the people who would do it usually are the type that will not buy from PVP guilds farming them, or they just will not spend the money on one.

L

longshanks

aye, 105's don't drop in tram. only pinks.

this scroll argument is really getting quite old. the most expensive scroll is the 120 magery which runs about 12-20 mln on chessy depending upon the supply/demand

most scrolls trade for less than 5 mln gold

the two best doom artifacts trade for around 12-15 mln i.e. orny, aof

cinctures trade 10-20 mln

crys rings trade for 15-20 mln

inquis 20-25 mln

paraox swamp drag and grizzle mare 10 mln

etc etc.

point being you have a far easier time to attain wealth in trammel without ever having to venture into fel. all the above plus playing a merchant can be done without having to pvp or worry about grief tactics for the most part.

sorry i just don't see the argument here for scrolls in trammel.

S

Smokin

The argument is posted in my post above yours. Some people like to earn there things and a lot of those people either can not PVP or do not wish to PVP. I understand buying them is earning but it is not the same thing. Its much like some people like to grow there own herbs rather then buying them.

C

Coragin

It Lives,

Dont try to reason with Connor, he dont even read what he is replying to.

Any idiot can see being a pure crafter is totally different than being anything else, hence why smithing, tailoring, imbuing scrolls come from Tram.

He cant grasp the conept that a character type is different than a play style. Gardening is a playstyle, crafting is a character type. Like "What kind of Character is he?" reply "Oh he is my crafter!"

You cant explain things to this type of person, they will always only see things in their own closed minded way.

Oh and another viable topic gets moved by the mods...

I was wondering this until I read the location on the mod thats been moving them "Fellucia". Big suprize its being moved where the devs wont read it huh?

I

IMTHEWHITERABBIT

Yeah, you can't get 105s in tram. I do think that would be a good idea though. Say 8 can drop from the champ with 5% chance of it being 110. So it would still take months and months for you to get the right scrolls to make say a 120 magery scroll.

It wouldn't effect the market really because the people who would do it usually are the type that will not buy from PVP guilds farming them, or they just will not spend the money on one.

I would like to see a 5% chance of a doom artie or a crimmie drop at fel spawns. I feel that my red is getting the short end of the stick not being able to leave fel.

S

Smokin

I don't see a harm in a Doom artie but you can do the peerless to get a crimmie in fel. Now if you are saying this just to say well you don't like PVP thats your fault, its not the same thing as making a Blue char and coming to tram. Which I am pretty sure you have a Blue. Now if you said you will not PVM and will not buy from a PVMer then it would have been a legitament argument. Either way I do say I wouldn't care if you got a chance at a Doom drop, just not crimmie.

Also if your comparing it to my suggestion then I guess it should be a 1/100 of a Doom artie and then you can piece it together when you get all the pieces you need.

I also felt the move to SnR out of order too.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

"Tram and its other facets came about after Fel "......you neglect to say "the online version of Ultima"

For some reason, they chose fellyland to be the beginning facet, another keyword. And, though some still live in the past, and yearn for the removal of anything after trammel induction, it won't happen.

Another thing, why is it, if someone expresses desire for something, a bunch of negative clowns jump onboard the post and and bash it to hell? I'm not talking context, just **** poor attitudes.

We all know there's rampant greed in the game, as well as 1st class, grade-A idiots, who go ut of their way to ruin things for other players. Why defend these losers??,,,,,,oh, because you can.

To the original poster, I agree with you. There's no resolution to the power scroll situation. It's all "fellyland" has.
Theres a reason I neglected to say, try and think what it might be...

no?...

Relavence.

I didn't play UO pre Tram so that is also irrelavent.

Hes bashed because his atittude is **** poor, as is yours.

You call it greed, others call it choice, you chose not to do something thats your problem, if others do it doesn't make them greedy it just means your complacent.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Last time I checked you have faction arti's which far outstrip any tram artie eh?

Too Top that off they can be used in tram.
When you last checked did you also notice the ones that aren't available like the AOF which just about everyone in UO uses?

Tram gear can be used in Fel also, so really wheres the relavence.

X

XavierGL

Hey better yet and a solution to it all, get rid of Tram. Then you can all farm all the PS's you want. PS's are the rewards for Fel spawns, face it nothing is going to change, so really why cry about it???

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A) forcing players to either face Gankers to get the most important items in the game
i didn't read the other comments, too much reading. but this is a super point. fel should be relegated to tweens who wanna pretend their lives don't suck. i shouldn't have to be forced to pvp when 90% (and that's being generous) of the players don't want to.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another thread whining about the only thing that Fel has?

How about we start a thread complaining about ALL THE OTHER STUFF that Tram has and Fel doesn't have? And about being "forced" to go to Tram to obtain these items since we "shouldn't have to buy them from from other players."

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To be fair, powerscrolls aren't the only thing Felucca has.
If I liked to PvP in UO, then I'd PvP in Felucca. That would be so whether there were powerscrolls, any other carrots being dangled, or not.

I think control of powerscrolls comes down to power, somewhat. The players that don't PvP need the powerscrolls, but don't PvP. The players that do PvP control them, and so have power over the players that want them but can't get them themselves.

I think Powerscrolls should stay in the hands of PvPers, though.
PvP doesn't pay for itself in the same way PvM does, so there should be some desirable reward that can be sold on to other players.
As above, they are sold. Not cheaply in many cases, but equal rewards can be earned through PvM, and trading can occur.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I Honestly can't decide if this is a serious post, but I'll respond as though it is.

NO-ONE is forcing you to do anything. If you want to do a champhunt, then you do one! If not, that is your choice.

If you want a specific Powerscroll, ie +15 Meditation, you'd be doing Champs for weeks to get one. UO has the best economy in any game. People do champs and sell scrolls. In an economic sense this is known as providing a service. A service that YOU as the consumer chose to utilise or ignore.
Does your Government force you to buy milk at your supermarket by not making it free? NO, a farmer produces it and sells it to make a living.

UO has a diverse economy, there are hundreds of ways to make a living (earn gold). It doesn't make people greedy or selfish. At some point in time you MUST have bought or sold something, how would that differ to the Powerscroll situation?

I guess the point I am trying to make is:
UO has many options and ways to play, don't whine about one you dislike just because it makes you spend a little gold!!

/Thread. Also the point of going against "Gankers" is the PvP aspect of Ultima Online. It creates a challenge and emits players to fight each other based upon team work and having a good time. Group fights and getting scrolls... Always fun...

- It also drives the power scroll, replica, artifact drops value to a reasonable price. If everything was obtainable solo then there would be no market profit for those people who just PvP and do champs with a guild. I think a challenge is sanctioned with a reward.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's about me wanting players to not be forced into PK traps that feed the PKers in gold and loot, and actually put Trammies into the position of slave labor for PKers.
I play Fel exclusively and I dont want to be forced to have to play or enter the Tram rule set to get items only available in Tram, but I have no choice.

How is this different from what your saying?

I've been playing on Chessy since 1997 and I do relate to being pked after you spent hours mining (or whatever) only to have someone come by and kill you to take all your hard work.

With that said, ever since the introduction of Tram, people who never played when there was just Sosaria can't understand the sweaty palm feeling you would get when out of guard zone.

So as much as it was annoying to get PKed and lose everything, it was also the most exciting times I've had in UO. And we had no insurance back them.

We also had more Blue Pk's than Red ones.
We also had a huge group of Blues that would protect miners or dungeon crawls from Pk's. It all balanced out.

This biggest problem with new players or non-pvpers back then was that they didn't realize that when 6 blues were in a dungeon and two reds recalled in, the 6 blues would easily kill them. Instead the just recalled out leaving the one or two blues who chose to stay and fight.

Nothing was funnier to see a room full of blues recall out when one red walked in.

Also with insurance now, what do you really have to lose by entering Fel? Yes you may die. You may die a whole bunch. but you will slowly realize the following and get better and die less:

If I only had cure pots I would have lived.
If I only had heal pots I would have lived.
If I only had apples I would have lived.
If I only had a trapped box on me to release the para spell I would have lived.

Get my drift?

After a bit you start to carry all the items you may need to help keep you alive. After that, you start to learn PvP tactics how to use them or how to avoid dieing to them. Then you get a bunch of friends who have the same interest and help you PvP.

In the end there is nothing more boring than PvMing. Lather, Rinse Repeat... BORING.

Personally I find spawns SUPER BORING and the only reason I participate in them is for the fight, not the scrolls. If I get a scroll I give it away to a guildie or sell it for half its true market value.

If I'm on a red to only protect the spawn, I dont roll for a scroll when it's done.

In the end, I don't force you to come to Fel just like you dont force me to go to Tram. We all have a choice.

B

BlackMagus

o2bavr6, well said. I like your attitude, and its really nice to see the 90s spirit survived on some fronts... :)

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
o2bavr6, well said. I like your attitude, and its really nice to see the 90s spirit survived on some fronts... :)
Thanks

I try to do my part :thumbup1:

I sometimes wish that they would do a monthly Tram PvP session, not sure how to implement it though. This would hopefully allow some people to test PvP with no consequences, no insurance loss, no item loss, no res killing, nothing.

I know there are many people who have no interest in PvP what so ever, and I respect that. But I also think that it may open a part of the game that they actually may end up enjoying.

L

Lord Urza

I Honestly can't decide if this is a serious post, but I'll respond as though it is.

NO-ONE is forcing you to do anything. If you want to do a champhunt, then you do one! If not, that is your choice.

If you want a specific Powerscroll, ie +15 Meditation, you'd be doing Champs for weeks to get one. UO has the best economy in any game. People do champs and sell scrolls. In an economic sense this is known as providing a service. A service that YOU as the consumer chose to utilise or ignore.
Does your Government force you to buy milk at your supermarket by not making it free? NO, a farmer produces it and sells it to make a living.

UO has a diverse economy, there are hundreds of ways to make a living (earn gold). It doesn't make people greedy or selfish. At some point in time you MUST have bought or sold something, how would that differ to the Powerscroll situation?

I guess the point I am trying to make is:
UO has many options and ways to play, don't whine about one you dislike just because it makes you spend a little gold!!
I belive this sums it up in the most mature way.

M

Mendi

The problem is not that powerscrolls only exist in PVP, the problem is that you waste an hour of you and your friends time to trigger the boss and then get ganked once it spawns. THAT is the definition of frustration.

Mendi
Origin

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem is not that powerscrolls only exist in PVP, the problem is that you waste an hour of you and your friends time to trigger the boss and then get ganked once it spawns. THAT is the definition of frustration.

Mendi
Origin
Then you and your friends need to learn to defend it better, time it better so no one tries to gank you, or pick a better spawn location where no one tries to gank you.

It is seriously a myth that EVERY champ spawn will get ganked at EVERY time of day.

A

Always a Ghost

Or just keep trying, would UO not be a truly boring game if everything was just handed to you???

R

RollinTheTweed

???

Now, I can see either of these cases for rewards that don't affect character advancement (including items), or even for a greater chance at advancement rewards. But I have a thing against being forced into game play that some players simply don't want.

I mean, isn't UO supposed to be the anti-WoW?

I have an even bigger thing against players who want these aspects for their own selfish gain. I suspect there's a lot of other gamers who feel the same way, mostly ex-UOers.
It's called risk vrs reward for a reason. You have Trammel ruled facets to be safe from unwanted fighting, you have vendors that sell just about any 120 scroll you need, it works out in the end. As stated prior before me replying to this, dont like it? Buy it!

The system wont get changed, you already get the cloaks, the pink scrolls from doing the ish champ spawns. That's enough, this is the only hand that felucca has in money making that's not going anywhere.

This is like fel miners getting mad whilst trying to harvest our double resources. You take the chance of taking our consumables (rewards) and always have the chance (risk) of you getting killed in the process of trying from them.

Quit with the gimme, gimme attitude. UO:R and up has done nothing for the older players who love the HOME land, but has catered to the tram facet enough. Look how many hippie facets there is already? Lol.

R

RollinTheTweed

When you last checked did you also notice the ones that aren't available like the AOF which just about everyone in UO uses?

Tram gear can be used in Fel also, so really wheres the relavence.
Please dont bring that arqument in on this. On several shards, with several guilds that store enough points from friends honoring them to get the same arties that the true factions use, none pvping people join factions, get honored, or even pay for the points to abuse those same faction artifacts that you speak of in Tram, that never pvp, didn't earn the right to use them, and never leave hippie land.

SO basically what you just did was contradict yourself, in a major way.

D

dum3886

But when it comes to a player's ability to advance his characters, players should not be forced into any style of game play, in any way.

Someone up there said I didn't offer a fix. I have in other posts, but it's fair to expect it here too. So here it is.....
umm... ur argument is so flawed.

How about this?... Why am i being forced to join fractions or go doom to get doom arties? WHY i want them to spawn on mongbats and rats. Why am i being forced to do peerless to get CC? Yes i can buy them of other people if i want but i don't want to spend ages going down there... i am being FORCED to do peerless.. that is just unfair? I think i should spawn with every item i want.

Everyone has a choice.. i choose not to do peerless i choose to do scrolls instead.. i choose not to make a blacksmith i buy my weapons... but i choose to make a tailor bcz its something i can afford myself.. i CHOOSE I CHOOSE I CHOOSE... i am NOT being forced to make a tailor i am not being forced to do anything.. u r just a crybaby who wants everything given to you.

CRY MORE!

And as for your OP.. isn't UO the land of freedom or whatever.. YES u have the freedom to choose what u want to do.. not the freedom to have everything given to you on a silver platter.

Your idea of freedom is way off... freedom doesn't mean FREEBIES!

Just a few extra examples:
Why am i being forced to play with other human players?
Why am i being forced to having to find a good housing plot? why not just make more land so i can have a castle?
Why am i being forced to having weapons with only 5 mods.. i want 21 mods...
Why am i being forced to having to compete with other people in regards to events and idocs... i want it all for my self.. all all all for myself...

You talk about greed... your the greedy one

Luvmylace

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It comes down to ,why we have Trammel in the first place. The age old "whine and ill get it" Cheese anyone?
try working for it with a group

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But I have a thing against being forced into game play that some players simply don't want.

i kinda picked out the above line.

In this online world it is impossible to play every template on one account. Thus creating a community. Now i know community makes some people cringe. But... take the time to find something you are good at. Excel in that, and use that to barter, trade, sell for what you need.

You may have to sell 100 things to get one, where the other person sells 1 to get 100. like a series of checks and balances?

i even when the population was high could go out with my little archer or stealther and get a few 5s and get out before the spawn got to high.

Tell me. Do you garden? or do you buy your petals? Do you have one of every template i bet you don't. I bet there is something that you don't do that you'd rather just buy.

Kinda like real life? Easier to buy something than build it yourself? Fridge? Car? House? Okay those are big ticket items you say? So are powerscrolls.

i know it can be frustrating, but it's a give and take.

afterthought ~ careful of socialist thinking. equality of a grand scale. access for all. never give up your desire to excel above others in some minute fashion.

JoO

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alot of people have a problem with confusing freedom and entitlement. Let me help you distinguish the two.

You are FREE to participate and enjoy the benefits of doing so if you are successful.

You are NOT ENTITLED to receive said benefits when things don't go your way or you don't feel like you shouldn't have to participate.

powerscrolls were implemented literally 50 publishes ago cmon.

A

Always a Ghost

We should just rename this thread the trammies crying channel :)

W

wee papa smurf

Alot of people have a problem with confusing freedom and entitlement. Let me help you distinguish the two.

You are FREE to participate and enjoy the benefits of doing so if you are successful.

You are NOT ENTITLED to receive said benefits when things don't go your way or you don't feel like you shouldn't have to participate.

powerscrolls were implemented literally 50 publishes ago cmon.
This tbh!

Powerscrolls are that old and people still cry about not getting them in trammel, to save the hassle maybe they should look into letting npc mages sell powerscrolls, would that be easier? :gee:

K

Kiminality

You all do realise that no one's argued against powerscrolls in fel for over 2 weeks, right?
And the roots of this thread are all the way back in January...

You're all arguing a point you basically won 5 months ago...

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You all do realise that no one's argued against powerscrolls in fel for over 2 weeks, right?
And the roots of this thread are all the way back in January...

You're all arguing a point you basically won 5 months ago...
A little late to argue over them being in fel though. They've been there for how many years now? lol

K

Kiminality

Well, at least there's an active position to argue against:p
You already chased off the opposition, but are still arguing, which was the point I was making...

K

Kerwin

???

I don't know about B. But A is the expression of freedom. Freedom in this case means that everyone is free. If you want rules to be enforced, you are free to enforce them yourself ^_^ (IE kill the ******* if you can. Just as you are free to do what you wish in Fel, GankerX is free as well)

you are not being forced to, really. Last I knew, you could go out and pay someone gold for these rewards. That may have changed, but getting to that is part of Gameplay.

I mean, isn't UO supposed to be the anti-WoW?
This statement makes me rage.
UO is not the anti-ANYTHING. UO is UO. It came out before WoW. Don't demand that UO stay the polar Opposite of WoW, Don't demand that it follow it. Simply go with what you like and don't like. UO is not Connected to WoW other then the fact that they are in the same Genre. Please don't suggest otherwise.

That is part of the fun of UO. Players are out for themselves. You could compare this gameplay aspect to EvE Online. Dealing with other players who can, and possibly will, steal from/kill/do unspeakable things to you is part of the magic of UO. It has always been here, and I hope it always remains. This aspect here is one of the major things that separates UO from the rest of the Genre.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Why resurrect a 7-month old thread?

K

Kerwin

I didn't look at the time of the post... I thought these boards were a wee bit more active and all..

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
The goal of most posters is to stay in the primary forums - UHall, et al. Occasionally, a ranty post is moved here.

Do you need a link to UHall?