• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crafting Powerful Re-forging

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Selecting the option of 'Powerful re-forging' actually produces lower intensity items than without this option.
True Story

Last edited:

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Selecting the option of 'Powerful re-forging' actually produces lower intensity items than without this option.
True Story
Do you have any specific details on this issue? I ran through some tests after reading this post and found whether I am using low end runic tools (Dull Copper, Shadow, etc.) or high end runic tools (Verite, Valorite, etc.) selecting the Powerful Re-Forging option resulted in budget increases of generally between 30 and 50 points. There were instances where I had some unlucky rolls where my budget increase was only around 15 or 20, but I also had some instances where I had some lucky rolls where my budget increases were around 55 or 60.

I would need to get some additional information to investigate any further. What type of items were you reforging? What type of tool were you using? What properties were you seeing and what were the property values you were seeing? Or any additional information that you feel might be useful.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Runic sewing kits, i presumed it would be true for all runics but if you say you tested hammers then ok.

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Runic sewing kits, i presumed it would be true for all runics but if you say you tested hammers then ok.
Previously I had been using runic hammers and runic mallets, however after reading your response I used sewing kits. I tried all levels of sewing kits and on average I was getting about 40 more budget points when using the Powerful Re-Forging option. Just as with the runic hammers and mallets there were some instances where I was getting more than 40 and in some instances I was getting less than 40.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After additional testing I have confirmed there is no problem with the workings with Powerful re-forging.