• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Power hour

Lenok

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
hello, i noticed that every time i log in i get a very intense gain in my skills, does Power hour still unable??? after the first hour of the day skills seems to be back to normal gain (.1 every 15-20 min of non stop crafting for example on a 110.0 skill point)…

Anyone can clarify this?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Every day you get what is known as a Guaranteed Gain from Guaranteed Gain System... so you can count on getting .1 a day... but no there is no Power Hour..

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see something about PET Power Hour... but I honestly dont see any difference in gains from when its on or off.

So many cheaters around, they'll never bring real PH back.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see something about PET Power Hour... but I honestly dont see any difference in gains from when its on or off.

So many cheaters around, they'll never bring real PH back.
Pet Power Hour is only for Pet Advanced Training - you get higher gains the first hr, towards pet advancements.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree, often wondered myself, gain the same amount and just as often out of the 'Power Hour'.
I know it boils down to pet vs. monster what gets you what gain.

For example:
Pet: Big Dog
Monster: A. (those Asian oxen, for a guess)
Gain: .04 per.

Pet: Same.
Monster: B. (say the Swoop)
Gain: .40 per.

Its just, training the last few dogs, over the last couple months... I see the PH start... I watch the gains (.4 per), after the hour... its still gaining .4 per.

It could be more? Or the same. All I know is I got 2nd level to 3rd inside 3 battles in the same day, well outside PH.

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think pet power hour may mean more gains for the first hour not a higher percentage per gain. I do notice more gains total in power hour when fighting. This observation is based of training 4 lvl 4 pets while rotating them out when they cap at 25% on the crazed mage for a few hours.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think pet power hour may mean more gains for the first hour not a higher percentage per gain. I do notice more gains total in power hour when fighting. This observation is based of training 4 lvl 4 pets while rotating them out when they cap at 25% on the crazed mage for a few hours.
I guess someone would have to measure the gains "in total" within that hour... with outside the hour. Same spawn, same amount of kills. Constant as possible.

I always thought, with classic Power Hour... you got MORE gains, per the hour. At least back in the day, you were wasting resources to run a crafter outside PH. Unlike combat, where it was more about having fun.

Maybe its like the modern TV definition of "New" vs. old "New". In days of old... "new" means the whole show is brand new. Today, the show can be made up of other shows and called new. Some, little, to no footage could be new, yet its still "new". hehe

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I train pets of the same type in batches of 5 (if one slot) 2 and 2. I take the time to take them as a group to the shadow elemental first to maximize my whisper time for skill gains. All pets are GM Wrestle before I take them to mage, It is a few days later that I start taking them to crazed mages. I use the shame mage and get consistent results there and usually watch a movie or tv while doing so for long periods that stretch beyond power hour. When I rotate a pet of the same type out on the same mob it gets the same rate of gain within power hour based of observed time on mage. I don't train back to back days because I will play one day train next to keep it from being a total grind. I used to train them outside of power hour but the rate of gain is noticeably slower.

Now if your pet is tanking it gains a lot faster and the rate of gain tops out at 25% for a four slot pet in under five minutes. So I doubt power hour will help those who have the pet tank. But for me 1-4 slot going quicker within power hour because I unwind from working watching tv and attacking the Crazed Mage in Shame. If the pet can tank Unbound EV's, The Crazed Mage or The Burning Mage you can 100% 3 and 4 way faster by rotating between them. So if your pet is actively tanking a mob that gives greatly gains power hour is not very noticeable.