• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Powder of Fortifying

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Is this the best reward to sell?

I picked up a 10 Normal Agapite Chainmail piece today. As a small, it's 90% getting PoF. As a large, it's a +10 Ancient Hammer. What would you do?

STOP PUTTING SHOVELS IN MY BACKPACK! Sorry, was talking to a weaponsmith NPC.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Either PoF, Copper hammers, or Shadow Hammers are all pretty easy to sell.

+10 hammers are pretty useful. At 120 smithy, with a good talisman, a 10 hammer gives you 100% exc chance on everything but plate legs and tunics I think, but a 15 gets you there on those. I think the only use for the biggest ancient hammers is to give best chance to repair without weakening.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
They are the best consistent sellers

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
So would you do (3) smalls for (3) POF, and discard the large? Or do the large for the +10 hammer?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
personally I would do the smalls,

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
POF, without question. I don't even accept any ring larges. Chain larges I keep, but to bribe them up to 20 exc ver, or 10/15 exc val to get agapite hammers.