• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Powder of Fortification

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does this some how get used to some how make an item more fortified?

I assume fortified means that the Hit Points on the item are increased.

If so how does one use this Powder of Fortification.

Are there special requirements to use it?

K

Kurare

Just double click it and click on the item you wish to enhance. No requirements to use it, and it raises the durability on the selected item by ten points.

P

Prince Caspian

Short and sweet:

PoF increases any item's durability (with a few exceptions) by ten -- no chance check, it works each time.

You cannot have more than 255, so you'll lose the overflow points when you apply it to an item with, say, 250.

You get them as blacksmithy awards. For higher-end Large armor BODs.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Short and sweet:

PoF increases any item's durability (with a few exceptions) by ten -- no chance check, it works each time.

You cannot have more than 255, so you'll lose the overflow points when you apply it to an item with, say, 250.

Please man - stop talking if you don't know what you are talking about.

Most of the Bods for PoF are SINGLE bods.

DC 10/15 EX (20% chance)
DC 20 EX, Shadow 10/15 EX (90% chance)

Gold 20 Nm, Aggy 10/15 MN (90% chance)

Those are the most commonly filled. For more information go to ToR (Tower of Roses) for all the reward charts.

http://www.towerofroses.de/bods-srw.htm

Higher End Large Armor bods? Uh, no no and no.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually they are kind of lower-end BODs. Any Dull Copper Exceptional 20-piece sBOD will get you one. Also any Shadows Exceptional 10/15-piece sBOD will get you one. I also use the 20-piece normal Gold ones and the 10/15 normal Agapite singles, Ringmail, and chain sBODs.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually they are kind of lower-end BODs. Any Dull Copper Exceptional 20-piece sBOD will get you one. Also any Shadows Exceptional 10/15-piece sBOD will get you one. I also use the 20-piece normal Gold ones and the 10/15 normal Agapite singles, Ringmail, and chain sBODs.
HA - beat you to it.

My favorites are the DC 10/15 EX ones. Yes, its only 20% chance but most people will toss or sell them for cheap. The ingots are pretty easy to come by as well vs gold/aggy.

The gold 10/15 nm and bronze 20nm also give 20% chance but I rarely do those b/c of ingot costs.

L

Lord Richard

Glad someone finally got this straight....'tis better to get POF on any of these bods than to fill the large just to get a dc hammer, +10 ash or something less useful.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The only DC & Shadow Iron larges I fill for the 10% chance of a colored anvil (unless I need to do the 20 Ex plate shadow for a 120 BOD for someone), unless I got spare ingots left over (in which case I have 1 each of the normal shadow ringmail sets that give 90% powder, and the shadow larges that give Bronze hammers, set aside for just such an occurance). OF course, with the BOD changes and the mining changes, that's not happened in a year.

All other exceptional smalls of those types, up to 15 EX Shadow, get filled for powder. the 20 Ex shadow get sold or tossed to ground, as do the larges I don't need.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i miss getting 200k a can for my powder, now im down to 65k

K

K'torr

Also, each POF has 10 uses. So an item can have its durability upped by 100. Or you can split the uses up amongst several items.

C

Connor_Graham

i miss getting 200k a can for my powder, now im down to 65k
It never should have gotten to 200k to begin with. I'd rather go mining for ingots than pay 200k for something that has been in the 60k range for years, especially considering how easy it is to get powder bods now.

The previously ridiculously high price is yet another thing we can blame on the scripters.

Oh and btw.....I sell them for 45k, and the average going rate right now is 50-60k. I see quite a bit with prices at 100k and above, but also see that same powder sitting on those vendors while I, and others with reasonable prices, sell it as fast as we can stock it on our vendors.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have about 600 small bods that each give a 90% chance of giving powder to fill :(

P

Prince Caspian

I accidentally put a powder of fortification next to the garlic salt. Man that was the worst tasting marinara sauce ever!

It did fix all my cavities though...

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It never should have gotten to 200k to begin with. I'd rather go mining for ingots than pay 200k for something that has been in the 60k range for years, especially considering how easy it is to get powder bods now.

The previously ridiculously high price is yet another thing we can blame on the scripters.

Oh and btw.....I sell them for 45k, and the average going rate right now is 50-60k. I see quite a bit with prices at 100k and above, but also see that same powder sitting on those vendors while I, and others with reasonable prices, sell it as fast as we can stock it on our vendors.
Yes, the scripters are to blame for the housing collapse, high oil prices and global warming.

Seriously Connor move along. You have no idea what you are talking about.

How could someone scripting a.k.a generating more of an item than humanly possible RAISE the price of something? If anything scripting has lower the prices of items.

Since the scripters for ingots got whacked - the prices of ingots shot through the roof.

The reason PoF prices have some down is that the devs CHANGED THE WAY BODS ARE DISTRIBUTED. Since you get more colored and more EX bods now - you have higher chance of getting bods for PoF.

Add in the runic changes and more people are out doing bods again so the flow of PoF has increased.

Scripters had NOTHING to do with the prices as high as they were. Even with scripting the supply was low b/c people in general were not doing bods.

Sometimes Connor you make no sense. Google supply and demand. Increased supply (scripting) makes prices go DOWN. K thx.

For the record - I sell at 89k on GL. It is always in stock at my vendor because I have a book of 300 PoF bods ready to fill so as fast as it sells I replentish. I stock 8-10 at a time and they never last more than a week.

C

Connor_Graham

"Seriously Connor move along. You have no idea what you are talking about."

No, that would be you, as you've failed to think things through. Really, instead of acting glib, maybe you should ask the simple question of "Why?".

"How could someone scripting a.k.a generating more of an item than humanly possible RAISE the price of something?"

Simple. By driving the people that used to do the mining legitimately away from it and out of the game. Then when the biggest scripter of all goes away, those people that used to add to the market are no longer around to do so, thus we have a shortage of the supply, and prices go up.

See, now if you'd asked "Why", you'd have gotten a simple explanation instead of hearing my smart a$$ comments.

Some folks will never learn...

"If anything scripting has lower the prices of items."

Uh yeah. That's why powder went from 60k to 200k in price........

"The reason PoF prices have some down is that the devs CHANGED THE WAY BODS ARE DISTRIBUTED."

I believe I said that.

*checks*

Yep. Sure did. Why are you making an issue out of something we obviously agree on?

"Scripters had NOTHING to do with the prices as high as they were."

I've already gone over this....

"Even with scripting the supply was low"

Yeah, that's why that one vendor had millions of ingots stocked daily, and on almost every shard.

Yep. That's sure a low supply there.....

"b/c people in general were not doing bods."

Uh, that would be the demand, not the supply....

"Sometimes Connor you make no sense."

I make a lot of sense....

To people that actually take the time to think things through, and failing that, ask that age old question....."Why?".

"For the record - I sell at 89k on GL."

For the record - The price on GL has nothing to do with the price on Pacific, which is where I was quoting pricing from.