• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Potash vs. Charcoal

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Making Charcoal - works with the cooking skill so it does the entire stack of wood real quick. SO to make 3000, guessing 2 minutes.

Making Potash - works with Alchemy so it does it 1 by 1 by 1 by 1. Using make max function this works out to about 1.5 to 2 seconds per (don't quote me on that time just a guestimate)...SO to make 3000, guessing at least an hour if not more

Would be nice if more of the alchemy stuff worked the same way as the cooking stuff.

I picked potash for this example because like charcoal it is an ingredient in another product and not really a stand alone sellable product. I would like to see pretty close to all products for alchemy work like the cooking products but I'd imagine it would have to be reviewed on a case by case scenario.

S

sherkborg

I agree. Even if its just using a whole stack... let it work for a minute who cares. The 1 x 1 method should go away on most things that are produced in bulk