• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Post your Templates and Tactics here!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
true.

it dosnt reduce the speed.
but it does give you 100% chance to res and high chance to cure leathal nox.

but..... BUT...... i thought you ALSO needed anat at 120 to get those perks?

Ned888

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Here's what I'm running (or will be once he's skilled up) right now on Siege:

Musicianship
Discordance
Archery
Tactics
Chivalry
Bowcraft/Fletching
Tailoring

I tried to make him a true combo character with crafting, barding and combat all in one. I'm also on a 3 month old account so GM is the max I can expect for quite some time.

I depend a lot on the free 20% from being a humie! ;)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
the disco archer is a template i run on a couple shards and im very fond of it.

but bowcraft?
hehe

youd do better to sink that 100 points into bushido for the lightning strike and confidence heal and the honor bonus's

but i understand, skills slots are at a premium on siege.

but without LJ your high and dry anyways, no, cause ya need someone else to get ya the wood.
supose you could use JOAT to get wood.
but without arms lore your bows wont have any DI to them.

Ned888

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So, I took your advice to a point and dropped the Tailoring:

Musicianship
Discord
Archery
Tactics
Armslore
Bowcraft/Fletching
Chivalry

I have been using the Human 20% lumberjacking successfully for a couple of weeks now. I won't get the super snazzy woods from the trees, but I can buy those from others. I was more concerned about being able to craft at GM+.

It's working out pretty well so far!

R

Remy Blacktoe

Here's my current Bard template. I've always been a big fan of "pure" templates, which seem to be a dying breed these days. Also, I want him to have the highest luck I can mash into his suit at the cost of resistances but hey, bards are supposed to be nimble and not in the fray! Also note that I will be doing a lot of group play with my dad, old veterans since that fateful January 2000 day when I picked up The Second Age. I'll be doing a lot of support.

120 Musicianship
120 Discordance
120 Provocation
120 Peacemaking
110 Magery
115 Meditation (Hope to get to 120 someday)

He's still in training. Just now in the one-teens discordance and slowly inching up to legendary. After that it's onto provoking and then peacemaking. Just thought I'd share. :)

E

evil randy

Im almost complete with my mystic bard:

120 Discord
120 Peace
120 Music
120 Focus
120 Mysticism
100 Magery
30 Meditation

I use colossus to do the majority of the fighting while discording and using peace to stay safe. Magery is mainly so I don't use up recall scrolls and for the occasional Resurrection for a paser-by.

As you might guess, mana regeneration is kinda rough. But built with the proper suit its not too hard stay alive.

Shawn of Atlantic

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's my template on my Disco Tamer

115 Lore (+5 Tally)
110 Taming (+5 Tally)
100 Vet
120 Music (+10 Sleeves)
120 Disco
120 Meditation (+30 from jewels)
100 Magery (+15 book)

He's also 70/70/70/70/75 FC 2/FCR 6 LRC 100 LMC 39 MR 16

I recently stoned peace to add Med. I found myself not really using peace during battle. I added the Med to I can keep the disco masteries going and leave enough mana regen for heals and cures. It's been working well so far. This is my first bard and I'm actually enjoying these skills!

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Poo!

Mind posting your Disco/Tamer template pls?

;)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
120 disco
120 music
120 taming
120 animal lore
120 vet
120 magic

suit is all 70's with 100 LRC and 40 LMC and 30 MR with some other goodies on it to make up for the lack of med and focus.

i have that template on pretty much every shard (except HK servers) give or take 10 points into magic ($$)

KupalaUO

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
110 Music
110 Peacemaking
110 Provocation
100 fishing
100 scribe
110 magery
Rest in meditation :)

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have been having lots of fun with this disco tamer template:

Animal Lore 115 (120) (+5 from talisman)
Taming 90 (115) (+ 20 from jewels + 5 from talisman)
Veterinary 120
Music 100 (120) (+20 from jewels)
Disco 90 (120) (+30 from jewels)
Mage 100
Meditation 90

Right now I am capped at 705 points. When I have 720, I will likely bump med or magery.

This works great with a party of two tamers. I take a GD for tanking, the other brings runebettle for corruption and other pet of preference for damage.
Disco + runebettle corruption means the poor monster goes down VERY fast. :)

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pure Bard = 4x 120 True skill
+120 Meditation
+ 120 Magery

Typically Run Peace Mastery and then head down to shame to Provo and Disco Mobs.

The Combination of Peace Mastery songs usually provides enough healing and damage blocking not to get interrupted, as well as keeping me alive long enough to successfully provo after a number of fails.

Mystic Bard
120 Provo
120 Music
120 Mysticism
120 Focus
120 Wrestling
120 Alternating between Meditation and PeaceMaking

If I get a RC up, and leave it to do damage, I will typically run invigorate and inspire.
If I wasnt to use the RC as well as cast spells myself, then I'll swap out meditation for peacemaking and just go with inspire.
(With the mana cost reduction from both Peace and Provo I can keep both songs going at the same time for quite a while, if I'm not casting spells)

Ninja Bard
120 Peace/Music
120 Wrestling
120 Meditation
120 Ninjitsu
120 Magery

Typically this bard I use to support my guild in group PvP. Peace masteries lower damage taken and provide good regens for the group, while I can suplement that with Magery for Gheals/Gcures, and curse/poison and para spams. Wrestling is for stunning blow and disarm, and ninjitsu is for running away , mirrors if dismounted, and death strikes while chasing people down. This template is pretty fun, but completely useless outside of group play.

Tamer Bard
120 Peace/Music/Disco(Someitmes switch Provo for Peace)
105 Taming/Lore (+15 Each from Gems)
100 Magery
70 Meditation.
Depending on what I'm hunting I switch between Provo and Peace. AoE peace is great for getting my dragon out of scraps and peace masteries help him tank better. But at the same time combining provo masteries the extra damage is not too shabby, and it gets in some extra healing. Can't say I have a favorite though I lean more toward peace for saving my tamer when he becomes the target.

I have a couple other bard templates, but I'm still building those bards, and I can't speak to how well they work yet.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
what.... no disco archer or thrower archer!

im disappointing and more then just a little shocked!!!

nottmwizard

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all,

my current template is:

120 Music
120 Disco
120 Provo
120 Magery
120 Medi

then I have a choice of 120 Eval or 120 Peace, which is the better option?

Shezzy

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Eval if your gonna be doing direct damage.

peace if you want the bard mastery bonus and can get use to using mind bolt and EVs and using your masteries to do your killing for you.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what.... no disco archer or thrower archer!

im disappointing and more then just a little shocked!!!
You know a Disco Provo Archer with Chivalry and mana leech, running the provo masteries might be an interesting template. Would be putting out about 110% damage multiplier with EoO Consecrate and Inspire, and also get 40% damage increase that could be saved on the suit.

That's gonna go in my weird template to try queue.

Botak

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I have :

Peacemaking 109.3
Provocation 107.3
Fishing 100
Magery 100
Musicianship 100
Eval Int 94.9
Discordance 74.7

Could you give me some advise on my fisherman bard? Just reactivate my account so a bit confuse with lots of changes.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have :

Peacemaking 109.3
Provocation 107.3
Fishing 100
Magery 100
Musicianship 100
Eval Int 94.9
Discordance 74.7

Could you give me some advise on my fisherman bard? Just reactivate my account so a bit confuse with lots of changes.
Nets and dungeon fishing would be the only reason I can see to have bardic skills on your fisher. It really depends on what you are planning on doing with your fisherman. Is he going to be used to do things other than fishing? If so, I would probably drop peace and add meditation. You can also use soul stones and plat different templates depending on what you want to do at the time. There are a lot of tweaks that can be made which are dependent on how you want to use him. I have 2 fisherman but since this is the Bard Forums I will PM you with the templates.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
.....I have 2 fisherman but since this is the Bard Forums I will PM you with the templates.
Hey DLL, there are probably lots of Fishermen here in the Bards forum that would love to see your templates (I know I'm one) and would have zero problem with you posting them here for us... Fork 'em over.....

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Hey DLL, there are probably lots of Fishermen here in the Bards forum that would love to see your templates (I know I'm one) and would have zero problem with you posting them here for us... Fork 'em over.....
It doesn't truly belong here but since things are so quiet I will go ahead and post them.

I have 2 fisherman

1. Mage/Fisherman/t-hunter
120 Fishing
110 Magery (Reptile Slayer spellbook for sea serpents/deep sea serpents)
110 Mysticism (95 real +15 ring)
110 Eval (95 real +15 ring)
100 Focus
100 Cartography
100 Lockpicking

2. Archer Fisherman
120 Fishing
110 Archery (Reptile Slayer Imbued Bow and Bow of the Juka Lord)
110 Tactics
110 Anatomy
100 Chivalry
100 Focus
soul stones
110 Music
110 Disco

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Just switched from a pure bard to this template. So far, so good. Been using for basic Shame farming runs and haven't attempted to push my luck versus some harder opponents in the game. Also haven't attempted much other than the slow moving and non casting mobs [Golems, Mud Eles, etc.] in Shame.
I may be looking into developing a new suit sometime soon with the new changes in LMC on heavier armor and now that I'm running focus for mana regen instead of Meditation.
Also debating on the idea of dropping magery lower [I really like using it for Invisibility so still high enough to not fail at this] and taking a little bit of meditation to help with Mana regen.

Mystic Bard:
120 Music
120 Disco
120 Provo
120 Mysticism
120 Focus
115 Magery [too cheap to buy the 120 Magery PS]

dupapa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I run

110 animal taming
110 animal lore
100 vet
100 magey
100 provo 120 jwls
100 disco 120 jwls
100 music. 120 jwls

I try to have as much mr on suit as possible.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I try to have as much mr on suit as possible.
I crafted a suit with 30 MR for my bard-tamer.

145 int, 200 mana (with elf bonus), 30 MR
100 LRC, 40 LMC, 2/6 casting
-15 mage weapon, +15 mage on the ring, 45 DCI
70-70-70-70-75 resists
120 STR, 135 HP (would be 150 STR/HP with potions)
14 DEX, 15 Stamina
Artifacts: mana phasing orb, cloak of power (need to buy), tangle, corgul's sash, cloak of rejuv (need to buy), Hephaestus

skaven

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

70-70-70-70-75 resists
14 DEX, 15 Stamina
Artifacts: mana phasing orb, cloak of power (need to buy), tangle, corgul's sash, cloak of rejuv (need to buy), Hephaestus
Could you please get a few screenshot of your suit? And some hints in how to build it ( i bet you reforged ALOT)?

dupapa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

70-70-70-70-75 resists
14 DEX, 15 Stamina

Wow thats pretty nice... too nice to running around on siege ;)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I take it those are all "real" skill points? Why 120 Magic without any Eval?
I can't speak for Poo but I would imagine that its so you don't fail at summoning ev's and the other summon spells. They don't hit as hard without Eval but with Peace, you can run without the eval.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Could you please get a few screenshot of your suit? And some hints in how to build it ( i bet you reforged ALOT)?
I haven't UO on this computer so I can't post screenshots.

The suit really doesn't contain high-end items:
3MR * 6 armor pieces
4MR * 2 jewels
SC no penalty, 15 DCI, -15 Mage weapon (so angry animals don't hit me very often).

The rest 4MR are from Tangle, Mana Orb, Cloak of Rejuv. It would be better to get 4 MR from Garb and LT sash and get more room on jewels but those artifacts are too expensive. it's just a training suit for my char with 70 Taming and 94 Disco - I'm not even going to buy Cloak of Rejuv at the moment.

Taming is going up very slow - may be 2.0 points per hour. It seams it will take me several months to train this char.

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Discordance120.0120.0
Evaluating Intelligence120.0120.0
Musicianship120.0120.0
Spellweaving120.0120.0
Magery110.0110.0
Necromancy80.060.0
Spirit Speak40.040.0
Meditation30.030.0

Str110110
Dex2727
Int148148
Buffs from spell weaving and my suit = 180 sdi
wraith form for unlimited mana
21mr, 40lmc, 100lrc
2/6 casting
115 hp
180mana(human too :D)
20stam
Useless information : Disco, corpse skin, evil omen, flamestrike = 700+ damage to white wryms haha

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I run 3 different bard templates.

my money maker.

Disco Tamer

120 taming
120 animal lore
120 vet
120 music
120 disco
110 magic (im too cheap to buy a 120)
10 focus

get a 100 LRC suit with 40 LMC and cram as much mana regen on it as you possibly can.

tactics for the disco tamer is easy.
disco monster, yell all kill and put your animal on it and watch it get destroyed.

Pure Bard

This template comes from me being here since the game started and making pure templates by maxing out the skills and not relying on buff points from rings and watches and other stuff to top me off.

120 music
120 provo
120 peace
120 disco
110 magic
110 ei
10 focus

get a 100 LRC suit with 40 LMC and cram as much mana regen on it as you possibly can.

i have started to make a change on my pure bards over the last year, in that i have been stoning off my peace and putting on 120 meditation.
that is a personal choice after 12 years of playing a bard.

Disco Archer

100 archery (120 with hunters headress on)
120 tactics
120 music
120 disco
100 bushido
70 chiv
90 meditation

i also have this a little different

95 archery (115 with hunters headress)
115 tactics
120 music
120 disco
90 healing
90 anatomy
70 chiv
20 focus

as with any archer you sit back and shoot over the swords and macers in your party.
drop a disco on the critter you are attacking and let the arrows fly.
very fun template.
i enjoy this most of all of my 3 templates here in recent years.

Ellos Mr. Poo.
I've been out of UO for many years now and just recently came back and thought I would try my hand on a bard for the first time to give me something new to try out and get back into the game. I noticed there haven't been any replies since like 2013 on here so I was just wondering with all the changes that have been happening, have there been any updates to your templates/tactics?

Thanks in advance!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Ellos Mr. Poo.
I've been out of UO for many years now and just recently came back and thought I would try my hand on a bard for the first time to give me something new to try out and get back into the game. I noticed there haven't been any replies since like 2013 on here so I was just wondering with all the changes that have been happening, have there been any updates to your templates/tactics?

Thanks in advance!
*the floor boards creak as a pair of well worn boots creep across them*

holy hell i haven't been in here in a looooooooooong time!

Hey Ceno and well met.
i had to go back and look at my post.
i guess a couple of things have changed over the 8 years since i made that post.

template wise my diso tamer now is 120 in all skills (or most of them are)
and i run a lot of suits that are 55 LMC with 30MR and the suit of course has to have max resists.
that suit is pretty easy to make now what with imbuing and also with the drop of Legendary Artifacts.
my Disco Tamer is my go to character.
i use him 90% of the time every day.
disco -> all kill -> pick the body clean
rinse, repeat.

my disco archer i will bring out when im going out with a pack of warriors so i dont have to muddy things up with a pet.
again, same as above, few things make a hunt go faster then disco'ing the critter.

my pure bard i use least of all in this day and age but still love.
i have taken to stoning off my Eval and running 120 med.
i find i get better results by running the barding masteries and those take LMC/MR and med to fuel of course.

welcome back to the addiction, i hope you have a fun return!

BigOlBadun

Visitor
This seems like a great place for some advice. Here's my plan, please feel free to let me know your thoughts and where it would go horribly wrong!

120 provo
120 disco
120 music
120 myst
120 focus
80 chiv (so I can res my friends on group hunts)
40 med

Running a 4/6 / high luck / 20+mr / lmc suit without the need for LRC

I'm in UWF so I hunt alone and with big parties, so this is hopefully a template I can do both of those things

Alone - Chiv for travelling, self heal/cure, myst for RC damage and damage spells, aswell as healing stone etc, bard skill and disco masteries for damage

Parties - I can res/heal, still do damage with RC and run the provo songs for the guildies

My question - thats alot of mana use, will focus 120 and high MR have any chance of keeping me going without med while I run the bard songs?

MrUber

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This seems like a great place for some advice. Here's my plan, please feel free to let me know your thoughts and where it would go horribly wrong!

120 provo
120 disco
120 music
120 myst
120 focus
80 chiv (so I can res my friends on group hunts)
40 med

Running a 4/6 / high luck / 20+mr / lmc suit without the need for LRC

I'm in UWF so I hunt alone and with big parties, so this is hopefully a template I can do both of those things

Alone - Chiv for travelling, self heal/cure, myst for RC damage and damage spells, aswell as healing stone etc, bard skill and disco masteries for damage

Parties - I can res/heal, still do damage with RC and run the provo songs for the guildies

My question - thats alot of mana use, will focus 120 and high MR have any chance of keeping me going without med while I run the bard songs?
uhmmm you DO need regs for Myst btw

BigOlBadun

Visitor
Yes, just been informed, i got it mixed up with Spellweaving, urgh, back to the drawing board. But i did call it going horribly wrong :D

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
120 music
120 disco
120 provo
120 peace
120 archery or swords depending on mood or mob i am after
60 Chiv
60 Med
i use Despair and weapon of choice after Disco or provo peacing as needed

in my dream world we would get actual bard spells/songs and i would drop weapon kill and Chiv add in more Med and resisting spells
for my suit/weapons i like LMC and MR

TaldarinZPhoenix

Adventurer
I run a mystic Bard, with a minor in spellweaving.

120 music
120 provo
120 peacing
120 disco
(120) 82 focus (+ 10 tali + 28 jewels)
(120) 93 mystic (+ 28 jewels)
66 spellweaving

This gets all the goodies of the mystic bard, but additionally has no-fail arcane empowerment to summon difficult to dispel RCs as well as the lovely gift of life.
I run 55% LMC and 30 MR, and have no issues running both provo songs, or tribulation indefinitely, while throwing an arcane empower+RC every minute or so.
I like being in stone form with protection while fighting or spawning.
Provo mastery for spawns, disco for bosses

Last edited:

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I currently have:
120 Magery
120 Eval Int
120 Meditation
120 Music
120 Discord
120 Provocation

It works pretty well, but I'm thinking of changing to:
106 Magery (100% up to 7th circle spells)
110 Necromancy with items
110 Meditation with items
120 Spirit Speak with items
120 Music
120 Discord
120 Provcation

-Can use magery for heal/cure/summons/recall/gate/mind blast/invisibility (most of the stuff I use magery for now)
-Can use necro to run in wraith form to collect mana, also could summon a fire ele then use discord+corpse skin and run discord masteries and set to fire or poison damage. Can use Wither at spawns along with Animate dead and all the forms.

Last edited:

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I run a mystic Bard, with a minor in spellweaving.

120 music
120 provo
120 peacing
120 disco
(120) 82 focus (+ 10 tali + 28 jewels)
(120) 93 mystic (+ 28 jewels)
66 spellweaving

This gets all the goodies of the mystic bard, but additionally has no-fail arcane empowerment to summon difficult to dispel RCs as well as the lovely gift of life.
I run 55% LMC and 30 MR, and have no issues running both provo songs, or tribulation indefinitely, while throwing an arcane empower+RC every minute or so.
I like being in stone form with protection while fighting or spawning.
Provo mastery for spawns, disco for bosses
How do you do champ spawns if you can't invis?

Nightmare of GL

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I currently have:
120 Magery
120 Eval Int
120 Meditation
120 Music
120 Discord
120 Provocation

It works pretty well, but I'm thinking of changing to:
106 Magery (100% up to 7th circle spells)
110 Necromancy with items
110 Meditation with items
120 Spirit Speak with items
120 Music
120 Discord
120 Provcation

-Can use magery for heal/cure/summons/recall/gate/mind blast/invisibility (most of the stuff I use magery for now)
-Can use necro to run in wraith form to collect mana, also could summon a fire ele then use discord+corpse skin and run discord masteries and set to fire or poison damage. Can use Wither at spawns along with Animate dead and all the forms.
I like the idea of this build because I have a very vanilla Mage/Bard with all 120 which is ok as his powerful Magery and his Harding makes him a force, my only problem is I would like to try mass mobs such as Champ spawns and such but need a build to get that result. I see potential in this build plus give me a chance to try a newer build, I will however test it out in TC to see how viable it is

4 x 120 Bard skills
100 Myst
100 Focus
40 Med

Provo/Peace mobs, cast RC, discord, and I have enough MR to sustain Despair indefinitely on creatures. I'll also toot the firehorn for some nice supplemental damage.

Prob not optimal, but it's fun as all get out to me.

Draden

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Question , I know you don't need taming to have a Blue Beetle but to have one leveled up do you?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Question , I know you don't need taming to have a Blue Beetle but to have one leveled up do you?
Yes, once the leveling process has started, you would need the appropriate taming for each level. However, a tamer can train the skills on it to GM for a non-tamer and they can still control it. I took a beetle out for my miner and raised the natural skills to 100 and transferred it back to him.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I run the following build for all my Bards. I use this build as a support toon for my tamer, sampire, and groups I am running with. I can run both bard buffs in groups and I do not run out of mana even when casting. You can do solo stuff using Rising Colossus and barding skills but there are definitely better builds for solo hunting. Since there is no med on this build I opted to use non med 55 lmc armor. It made more sense to me to get the extra lmc and it works great.

120 Music
120 Provo
120 Discord
120 Peace
90 Mysticism (120 with jewelry)
90 Focus (120 with jewelry)
60 Magery (105 with jewelry)

Gear used:
5x crafted and reforged (not imbued) non med studded leather pieces.
Crafted and imbued ring/bracelet each with +10 focus, +15 Magery and Mysticism, +3 FCR
Mystic's Memento talisman for the +10 focus, mana regen, and lrc.
One brittle legendary artifact piece to fill in the gaps.
Hephaestus Shield for the extra 15 physical resist when running protection spell.
Tome of Lost Knowledge spellbook for the +15 magery and int bonus.

I end up with 100+ lrc, 55 lmc, 20+ mana regen, max resists, 0/6 casting, and whatever extra stats I get lucky with when crafting. I don't need faster casting because I'm running protection and Stone Form. I don't imbue the five crafted pieces of armor so I can use pof and never have to replace them. You could do a full legendary artifact suit or imbued suit as well to get more stats if you wanted. I just wanted to be as cheap as possible.

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1585752305000.png

This is using Taming Mark of Travesty and a set of imbued 1/3 jewels with 15 disco/7 music on one and 15 prov/8 music on another. Also using a Tome of Lost Knowledge for +15 magery

When I am able to find the right legendary jewels, I will use them to take med to 120 as well.

Suit is piecemeal of legendary drops from Scalis and roof to max resists, LMC, LRC, and MR. I also have an imbued max luck suit that I swap in before a boss dies.

I also have the jewels to swap in peace and/or vet as needed, but I haven't figured out a way to run 4x yet.

Ancient Sosarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I may Vary Templates on Alts, Methuselah is My Main Bard on Baja. Methuselah is 4 x 120 unmodified plus Magery 110 & Eval 110 with 30 Mana. Methuselah formed the Guild Singing Lords of Britainnia [SLOBs] and is Titled Peacer of Worlds. I am trying to give Him extra damage power. Keeping the 4 x 120 Bard skills what 2 or 3 remaing skills would you go with? Also I am strongly considering Vollems from Crystal. Please comment on those. I solicit ALL responses but especially Hope Poo will weigh in. Profound Thanks. p,s, how do you keep Vollems alive or Rez them if they die

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I used 2 prepatch (2 slot) vollems on my 4x legendary bard but I gave up as I am wasting too much mana for healing and curing with magery. Instead, I switched to spellweaving and got a vol. 3 mastery for a summon reaper, which I do not need to heal. Also I can provoke the mob (usually the last one standing) on the reaper, and WoD helps to get rid of the last one you cannot provoke on another too.

WonDumBaldGuy

Adventurer
I'm looking at these tamer option templates and scratching my head. NOT having taming / lore at 120 is disastrous for taming 3 consume upkeep. Mana Regen Calculator | uo-cah.com. At 120 lore/taming, it is only 6 mana per tick, which makes consume infinite at 20 MR and 30 med, or any combination of the 2. My buddy Hammer (mostly him) came up with this template for a Provo / Disco tamer that can support infinite consume. The only major draw back is slow casting speed. This is 896 skills points total.
Mutt Real-modified skill.png

Suit
Arties
Any of the Mark of travesty barding masks. - +10 music +10 other skill (I went with discord cause I hate raising it)
Talisman of the minstrel +5 music +5 peace
Song woven Mantle +10 music
Spell woven Breeches +10 med
Scrapper's with +20 total skill in Med + Mage (this is the hardest one to get) + 11 mage// + 9 med
Juumu's For the FCR
Hawkwind LRC/LMC/MR
Minax Sandals LRC LMC MR
Tangle MR
Lieutenant sash or Blackguard eppaulettes LRC/ MR

Items
Ring + Brace imbued with +15 peace /provo/disco. +8music - music is easiest to raise, so I put the most skill points there. That is 106 points. + 70 from arties = 176. *NOTE, this is not the skills set I run, but an adaptation that struck me as I was writing this. Makes it easier to get to the lower bard skill levels
LRC+ MR +LMC items. High resists. Enhance with Spined so you can hold protect and stay all 70 resists. With bard college buff, I am at FC2/FCR2

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I personally run 120 taming/music/disco/provoke real skill. 110 lore real. Rest into magery and med. magery at 110 after all my plus skill items.

I dont run plus skill on taming or music skills because masteries look at real skill.

I rarely use consume damage too. Majority of the time, im using provoke mastery. A good Triton with high wrestling wont need consume damage.

WonDumBaldGuy

Adventurer
I appreciate that you KNOW the reasons for your choices. We all do it differently, for different reasons. Yet, one build has NO real 120 skills.
I use beetles for RC and aura of Nausea with this build when I am in a group. I call it the Nerf Bat combo. So I run consume cause beetles can be squishy.

kaczka

Visitor
im using a garg with this template :
120 focus (due to change in mysticism)
120 peace (provo and disco in soulstone as well)
120 music
115 magery
115 eval
115 mysticism
50 med
Obviusly im using imbued equipt with imbued skills, but im testing this template, and everyday i play with it, i fall in love a bit more. With disco, can almost kill all i want alone (colossus roolz the world!!) and with 50 med, 120 focus and the 10 mr from equipt is diff to run out mana.