• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Post your house design here...

• Thread starter imported_Freyja
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Grid

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice job. I like how the tiles give it a kind of "mystic void" feel.

C

Celsius

My Sweetie gave me a new plot to play with. It started off inspired from Saphireena's Grecian small home. (my avatar was also inspired from Saphireena's wonderful pixel portrait tutorial!
)
Sometimes I get stuck with too much of one color, but I like matching stuffs hehe
Tried to keep the clutter down but keep adding more things...is there a packrat anonymous?
Outside view first off

First floor kitchen work area...perch still waiting for a red parrot =P

Second floor for entertaining guests.

Third floor my haven

Rooftop was trying for semi-formal garden/park

J

Jeddak

Public library and home of the Minoc Tribune.
14x9 Blended into the forest. There are two floors not shown.

R

Rhianyn

This is my rebuilt elven townhouse
Not fully decoed yet, but I was taking screenies for another project and thought I'd post.

Can't decide if I have the patience to redo the flower boxes and roof for autumn

The garden room

1st floor

bedroom/sitting room/bath

roof garden

A

Ana

Right I will have a go at posting my old design,
Unfortunately this house is no longer in existance,
but I wanted to share it with all you housing types

I play on the Oceania Shard and live south of Yew.

I joined a few Screen pictures together so that you can view the full house.

Heres the bottom level, (Small shrine, stable and workshop)

Next the First level, (Tavern level)

Lastly the Second level, (Inn Rooms)

As I mentioned this house was redesigned and I will post the results of the new one once I have added a few more decorations

Happy Housing !

A

Ana

Well here's the new design that took the place of the old one shown in the above post.

A few details if you would like to see it for yourself;
It is on the Oceania Shard south of Yew, 22o 57 N - 48o 5 W
(if you see the Radar map, thats the crook in the road to the north west of the lich spawn, to help again its North of the Orc fort)

It is currently called The Hamlet of Hope, (The four homes in the clearing all belong to members of the same guild and we called the settlement Hope).

Be aware that if you do wander around the home there are a few areas in which you can fall off the sides, (I wouldn't want to be responsible for and inadvertent deaths, so you have been warned
).

Well to the pictures, (I joined a few screen shots together to show it all)

Heres a full view of the area surrounding my home,

The ground level has a workshop and a room for the evil furniture items and a alchemists lab.
Note the teleport square just to the right of the stairs, (this takes you to the roof where the Shrine is)

The second level is a dining area and bedroom.

The third level is a garden area, (allowed me to scatter vetran reward statues in a more natural setting).

It took me around 15 hours to get the design looking good, at which time (late at night) I decided I would commit it, but unfortunately I saw the new foundations and went to do that first.....

A word of advice: DON'T change the foundation when you haven't backed up your design !

So after another 5 hours the next night of re-doing the whole design, (easier since I had already figured out what I wanted) I finally committed it.

With a bit of decoration its looking like I imagined.

Hope you drop by to have a look, and leave a note on the message board

J

Jeddak

Outstanding!. I'm not a big fan of large homes but yours is really something.

Grid

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has got to be one the the best designs I've seen in a while. Very cool.

R

Rhianyn

I went and walked around in the house. The use of illusions is brilliant. I just can't get the hang of them when I try touse them :/. I tell myself it's my dyslexia, but it may just be lack of patience

G

My version of the big tree + house.

The outside, the roof unobstructed by leaves:

Set up for a Thanksgiving dinner! I made it for a contest on uoforums, so its Autumn-themed. It took me a while to make the puzzle box on the rug, it's a Christmas tree (in case anyone was wondering):

The big ol tree with the garden and scarecrow and cutesy squirrel:

G

How long did it take you to make that tree??? Very cool and I love the scarecrow.

G

I did it in a few hours, I had to remake the trunk three times but I finally got it how I wanted. It took a while locking the ore down, and when I initially did it I wasn't satisfied with the depth, so I customized up a fourth floor and scattered small ore on every tile of varying colors so it would look a bit better.

Anyways the trunk consists of three levels, the bottom two are stacked on the ground floor and the top is on the first floor and raised up to be even with the other bolts. The vines are both on the ground and first floor.

The ore is on the second and third floor and as Voluptuous pointed out it would look pretty good with flowers instead of ore. It was necessary for the bulk of the ore to be on the second floor because of the position of the trunk.

If anyone wants a more detailed explaination or diagrams/screenshots then I will throw those up, just lemme know.

Saphireena

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

My Sweetie gave me a new plot to play with. It started off inspired from Saphireena's Grecian small home. (my avatar was also inspired from Saphireena's wonderful pixel portrait tutorial!
)
Sometimes I get stuck with too much of one color, but I like matching stuffs hehe
Tried to keep the clutter down but keep adding more things...is there a packrat anonymous?

[/ QUOTE ]Awwwwwww shucks. Ain't I just feeling all mushy and warm to have been an inspiration and to read about it quite by mistake much much later. *smiles fondly*

The love and work you put into this house is clearly visible, it's absolutely precious down to the very last tile and object. One of the most beautiful houses I've ever seen. I think the use of color is what makes it so gratifying on the eye and sets the soul to peace. Simple is elegant and beautiful, especially in this case.

As for the character portrait you've done, a wonderful job there too! It's more than clear that you are artistically talented. *smiles*

C

Crafters-Inc.

RTL,

This is my 18x18 on Marble Island on Pacific. I kind of stole BrNz's Design from the begining of this thread with some modifications...I am still Decorating it, so please bear with me.

First up is a picture of the main floor with a bar/kitchen and some places to hang out.

Next up is a picture of the porch. I have some little stable things for peoples mounts when they come over. I also tried to duplicate the fountain I saw on the original design and needed help....Much thanks to the Castles &amp; Courtyards Site for assisting with this.

Next up is my Blacksmithy area. Kind of the same as the original, but you enter from the fron rather than the side.

Still working on this, but this is the first floor. On the left is the Magery Area. Plan on Decorating that all Arcanic like. Darker. Need to find a better way to seperate the rooms, but the room on the right is for storage mainly. All my goodies in there.

Okay, this is the 3rd floor. In there is the Tailor Area, and Carpentry/Bowyer areas. Still working on these as well.

Lastly is the Roof. Garden/Pond. I need to find a better place for the Stones as I have to many and I don't like them all out like that. Also the garden area, I will probably do something a little differnet with to start making it easier to raise plants there. Not sure yet.

Anyway, that's my place, thanks to everyone for design ideas and stuff. Cheers!

O

Ogg of LS

Ohh good. I'v already borrowed one of your designs. Now you've come up with a great combination of tile sets. I was wondering what would go well with those new elf tile sets. Great job, and thanks for the new idea.

L

lord skreid

Unfortunately, I no longer play on an Origin shard, so all these are on my own personal shard (specifically, in Green Acres).

All houses are 18x18, and unfortunately un-decorated

The first house is slightly decorated, and has a few NPCs

The next is just you're average pyramid

This next one is my favorite
Farm house with water silo

The next two houses are small castles

Although the next house is not possible to build on an Origin shard (it's two 18x18's side by side), it was fun to build

Won't you join me for a swim?

K

Kratos Aurion

<blockquote><hr>

The next two houses are small castles

[/ QUOTE ]

the first small castle remarkably reminds me of the one i built a few years back. it brings back so many memories that i feel like rebuilding it *sniffle*

G

Would you mind posting coords? I'd love to tour your house if you don't mind.

Edit: NM. Found it.

E

Eldor

After looking high and low for a location suitable for a new house, I finally found a spot large enough for a 15x15 custom home. Here is my lovely new residence to the east of Vesper, across the river from the Shrine of Sacrifice.

I am still working on the decorating... it's only 1 week old.
The overall house:

The first floor:

The second floor:

The third floor:

I hope you all like it!

J

jcesare

The plot in front of my main house opened up so I used the opportunity to build a Farm House in front of my Manor House. It's still a work in progress but here's what I have so far:

L

Lynn of Songtan

That is adorable and cute and awesome all at the same time. . .

J

jcesare

Last night I placed apples in the tree and on the ground. Looks great.

I'll update the picture when I add a few more things. I'm growing a bunch of plants to place around the pond and on the rock ledges in the front.

BTW anyone know of a way to add vines to the watermelon plants?

L

Lynn of Songtan

Use the new lumberjacking resource "Parasitic Plant". It looks like green vines laying on the ground. . . it should work for any ground vine-y plant like watermelon or gourds. I used it on halloween for my pumpkins. .

J

jcesare

Here is the manor house.

First Floor: Rune Library, Alchemy Lab, and Workshed

2nd Floor Balcony

2nd Floor Living Quarters: Sunken bath with hot and cold faucets

3nd Floor Kitchen &amp; Dining Room: Pot of Stew and Running Water in the Sink

Rooftop Garden with a million gp view!

B

Bettyjo

Hello, Bare with me please this is my first post here so not sure of what i'm doing.
My house is a 13 X 17 plot in Malas that I am trying to put a roof on... to my dismay i'm getting spaces in back and north side of house roof. and even roof showing through the walls in some places. Can not find a website with answer to these type of problems. ... Help Please.

J

jcesare

I found that putting on the roof was the hardest part of house design. It took me a while to get a hang of it and I still can't do some complicated things.

Basicly, when you get to the roof tile screen you'll see an up and down arrow. This allows you to raise the elevation as you place roof tiles. There will be specific north tiles to use on the north side. If you hover over the tile it will indicate what type it is. Play around with a simple north/south roof until you get the hang of things. Set the elevation to 1 and place a row of south tiles. Then set it to 2 and place a row next to first row. Repeat until you get the correct height. Then place the north-south connector piece. Now it's time to drop the hieght by one and place the north tiles. Keep decrementing the height and place another row. Do this until you get back to 1. After a while, you'll get the hang of it. You want to extend the roof a little in the front to hide the lack of upper wall. There are also some short wall pieces you can place if you have a very high pitched roof.

G

That's a very informative faq, Sarsmi. Thanks for posting it. Well hey, thanks for DOING it! I can do some roof styles but not the gable ones. They always end up looking...odd.

T

Tanis (Europa)

Fantastic FAQ Sarsmi, although I would expect nothing less

Word to the wise - don't build this roof design unless you're in a desert or otherwise have use for a rooftop pool

G

It's for a cistern underneath the tiles! Unless you have indoor plumbing, of course.

B

Bettyjo

Thank you for showing me what I was doing wrong while placing the roof ( I was not placing tiles in different levels.) House is done... some things I would have changed ie: placed lower level tree before your explanation and didn't redo it... ug! Any way thanks loads, you guys are great.

A

Ahileus

This is my home on Catskills. Its an 18x17, I call it the Tower of Virtues. (just to sound official. =P)

First floor has center Statue with the book Virtues by Lord British:

http://images.snapfish.com/346463946%7Ffp335&gt;nu%3D3254&gt;%3B4%3B&gt;9&lt;5&gt;WSNRCG%3D3233567232665nu0mrj

Second Floor has themed bedrooms with 3 statues representing the 3 principles complete with thier quotes:

http://images.snapfish.com/346463946%7Ffp336&gt;nu%3D3254&gt;%3B4%3B&gt;9&lt;5&gt;WSNRCG%3D3233567237%3B%3B4nu0mrj

Third floor is my crafting/storage level:

http://images.snapfish.com/346463946%7Ffp336&gt;nu%3D3254&gt;%3B4%3B&gt;9&lt;5&gt;WSNRCG%3D3233567232666nu0mrj

The Roof has the eight virtues, complete with thier own plaques =) :

http://images.snapfish.com/346463946%7Ffp335&gt;nu%3D3254&gt;%3B4%3B&gt;9&lt;5&gt;WSNRCG%3D3233567237%3B%3B6nu0mrj

And thats it! =) (Sorry for the format of the post, I couldn't get the images to work =( )

J

jphutch26

Just finished customizing my new house. Since I got so many great ideas from you guys, I wanted to show you all the finished product. Now I just have to hunt some rares to fill it:).

Let me know what you think.

A

Ahileus

Well I am a huge fan of goza mats (As you can tell with my previous post =) ) And I like what you've done with them also. Not to mention throwing a arcane on top of some black gozas will do anyone good. =) I like your creativity.

T

TheMessanger

This past April 1st (April Fools) was the opening of The Library of Rare Wood Runes on Atlantic. Many through out the shard thought it was a joke when we started gating at the banks. Who in their right mind would give everybody access to runes for 1,366 rare trees? Well it wasn't a joke and the library truly exists.

Upon their arrival at the library, many were confused by the various ploys we used to side track and challenge them. Our Annex is located in the house just to the south and our vendors advertise "The Library of Rare Wood Runes". But, all that is there is a single rune book going to a single yew tree in Yew and return runes. Once inside the main building, players must negotiate the 3 by 3 layout of duplicate teleporter tiles. Some thought it was made just so we could laugh at them and left in disgust. In reality, we made it to make players work some to get into the library. We could not just hand over 1,366 tree locations for people to walk in and copy. Those who have played around with 3 duplicate teleporter tiles, realize there is some logic to it. Once passed the ground floor, players may then proceed up to the roof via the Observation Platform that over looks the stars that surround Malas. This area was designed for both daytime and nighttime viewing pleasure. Once on the roof, players must discover how to pass beyond the energy field to get to the rune books. Upon successfully solving the task presented to them, there were Woohoo's, Wow's and laughter all around from their surprise.

Once at the rune books, players were treated to a library of unsurpassed magnitude. With locations to frost, blood, heart and yew wood trees through out the lands of Malas, Tokuno and Felucca. Many were very grateful of the work that went into this library. There were plenty of Thank You's and statements of appreciation. In fact, even though we did not ask, spontaneous donations started to come in. Contributors donated runes, white plants and gold. Some donations amounting to one million in gold. It felt good to see that our gift to all was so much appreciated. Our months of work to put this together was well received and that the reward of giving to others is the reward in and unto itself.

One person suggested I post the design to the Library of Rare Wood Runes here on this forum. So here it is...

LoRWR is a 18x17 located not far from Luna on the Atlantic shard.

The ground floor

The Observation platform

The roof

Please feel free to stop in and visit. We are always open. Return runes can be found at the Annex.

G

Wow, thats great. Ya'll put a lot of work into it, and it really shows!

L

Leanan Sidhe

Even if I didn't have a lumberjacker, your Library would be worth visiting!!! Very nicely done!!

C

CatHat

Glad you like that art 'Tree" tile set i did up for ML - So glad to see it put to good use.

You're also raiseing property values in our neighborhood with that layout too-

CatHat

G

Holy hell, the world must be getting ready to end. Someone from the Dev team is actually in here posting on our board for a change.

Nice to see you in here though, CatHat. Don't be a stranger to our board, we don't bite or anything (at least most of us don't, might have to watch out for Sarsmi though, heard some rumors about her
).

C

CatHat

Haha - yeah its good to come here and see a lot of housing and decor i put together doing things I never thought they might.
It's also nice just seeing some of the better pieces in such great presentation and arranged so well..

Quite amazing some of the things folks dream up too - just love it.

CatHat