• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Post your house design here...

• Thread starter imported_Freyja
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

It looks really good! I like the design...however, you should name the playmate on the balcony "Kimberly" since that is his wife's name. *wink*

J

Jeddak

A new design inspired by some previous tall towers. I redesign too much to really get to doing much decorating but I wanted to try and contribute to this forum for the first time. Just hope the house shows up.

edit: 15x10

C

Cricketlighter

My sister Salem and I wanted to update our house in Malas, Legends. It is an 18 by 18, just off road, southeast of Orc Fort as you come out of the tunnel on the road to Umbra. It is part of the player run town of Ft. Briarwood Shire, which is most of this area and north of the road, some 40 houses in all. As you can see, we do not like clutter, and want everything to be as if it really could be in a home. Alot of ideas came from right here on this forum. Please, do not be mad if you see some of yours.

Ultima_Dork

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
aight.. this is my attempt to make two houses look like they are "related" but give each their own feel. I own two houses next to each other.

First house is my main house. I use it for smithing, tailoring and just hanging out.

Second House is where i keep most of my rares and whatnot.

G

I really dont like conventional houses... im really no good at them, sooooo, this is what I do like to make! (12x17)

alack, for there are no lavafalls, or mountainsides for that matter

aaaand...

G

Dis is my lil place. On Siege of course. Its a 14x16 or something like that. I don't remember. Its on the road around the city of Zento, on the eastern side.

The outside.

The inside.

Thats it!

G

I wish we could grow trees. If we could my house would probably just be a tree covered grass plot with some flowers and maybe a bench or two.

Maybe a pond... you know.. a forrested glade! Screw houses I sleep under the stars!

G

I've been in there, it looked cool. Thats where I figured out that the purple doors open wrong, with respect to their door handles. Heh.

G

thx punkin. I do love those doors even though they open stangly. Or "magically" as I like to look at it.

C

Clem

im from AOV , and i kinda like decorating houses alot , so i tought to show off my establishment as well

FIRST FLOOR :

SECOND FLOOR :

THIRD FLOOR :

ROOF :

havent had the time to decorate the inside that much cause its kind of a new shard i joined , and ive thrown away pics of other shards houses , wich were fully decorated but ok
ive had a big 18x18 japanese style house too once , shame i didnt made pics
anyways
hope u all like the overview ;)

(btw hi , just registerred)

G

It's like 16x18 or something. I just finished customizing and decorating on Baja a few days ago (well still have to finish off inside). I am not ashamed to admit I ripped off a *lot* of the dec ideas. But the house design is all my own.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know how I missed the Tower of Illusion the last time I was here looking at houses. But that is the coolest house design I have ever seen. I hope you don’t mind, but I shamelessly copied it (with some slight modifications). I am going to put a billboard at the top giving you full credit for the design. Once I have it decorated I will post the co-ords if you want to come check it out.

Ultima_Dork

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
just saw your house. looks pretty cool.
I live about 2 screens away from you and was just out walking around.
Good job =]

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks!
I love it, still needs lots of decoration, hopefully I will get more done this week.

G

Ok did this on the ML beta shard last night and this morning, so the dec is kinda sparse. I think I like it.

Ground floor:

First floor:

Second floor:

Roof:

G

I have all of the pictures posted on the LA shard forum, the posting is at:
elf treehouse on LA shard

This is a 18x18 loacted next to the moongate in Homare-jima (Tokuno).

I will just put 1 picture here to give you an idea, and hopefully inspire you to visit the other forum:

Thanks!

P

pauldrye

Thanks for the design Yrenwick. I shamelessly used yours as inspiration for mine on LA too...north of the Yew Moongate, then follow the coast a bit further north: The Great Oak Grove. I shuffled things about to make it look more organic, get rid of most of the straight lines, but it still follows your basic principles.

L

Leanan Sidhe

Wow!!!
As usual outstanding! What are the unicorn mounted looking things? Is that like the polar bear/stag...etc?
How do you make the roof tiles that low to appear like bushes?
Is that a new fruit basket??? I am amazed, I didn't think I would like those wall tiles but they sure look great!
*Saves the rest of the questions til the next IDOC I find you at

G

Thank you!

The fruitbasket thing is a new thing that chefs can make, I think you need 55 cooking or so, you use some fruit you can buy off the innkeeper along with the small wooden bowl (buy a bowl of carrots or whatever and eat them).

The trophies are mounted dread horns, made by carpenters, they're made with wood and pristine dread horns. Not sure which boss as they just had a bunch of stuff in bags in the bank for us lazy people. On the ground floor I stuck a couple lanterns from the library collection guy underneath.

For the bushes I just placed the roof tiles on the ground floor at level 2 or 3. Used the southeast and northwest ones, I think. Since you can't walk through them they should be somewhere out of the way. For the tree, those tiles are on the first floor so you can walk under the tree, and those are actually from the grass roof not the new leafy one.

Looking at it now, the giant flowers kind of scare me in a nuclear war-gamma radiation sort of way. I might use them in a different way, just not for a house like that. Don't really like the lanterns I stuck outside either. But hey, this is why I hate decorating, I can never get stuff quite right and then it nags me.

L

Leanan Sidhe

Ummm that nagging problem is the reason I never post pictures....

I tried re-doing my balconies with the roof titles, I like it!!! I think I may have to do the lock the color things then re-customize. To give the bushes a little sparkle...

I hate thinking of ideas while at work....then I go brain dead when I get home...

P

pauldrye

Want a squirrel statue eating an acorn statue too! Waaaahhh!

A

Alynora

I think i maybe posted these once or twice on other areas, can't remember
so I post them again, sorry for those who've already seen these.. Also, sorry the pics are a bit small.. I tend to like doing small-city style buildings, but I've done a few simpler things as well.

My personal favorite design, Europa shard, Marble Island, 1- 18x18 and 1 - ~12x16 ish...

Here showing the expansion.. and some of the uncompleted work..

Another one that I've done on Europa Shard, 18x18, Homare-Jimo road

Europa shard, Crumbling Continent Malas
A set of 2 - 18x18 buildings I did for a friend. They added the little UOSE bit and its their interior deco... Friends of theirs with houses near by continued the design work with UOSE stuff.. and there is much left to be done in this area...

The original tower had a small shack behind the large tower, but they improved on the design and made a little ruin behind there. I've blocked out a portion of the picture with green grass so that it's easier to only see the 2 buildings

Some of my other design work (good and bad, and "starter" buildings - i take lots of pictures even of the icky stuff, because sometimes I find there is something I can use for a different building) including buildings I've done for the player town of Naeloth (Naeloth library and Poisoned Elf Tavern) can be found here:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v495/Alynora/UO/

and here:
http://photobucket.com/albums/v495/Alynora/UO/For%20the%20Elf/

Some of those buildings are either old/torn down, never used and remained only in customization mode, or otherwise... I usually update this site on a semi regular basis with house designs and other UO screenshots, as I use it to share design work I do for friends. Interior pictures of some of the buildings posted here can also be found there.

I

Isilmanduil

Here's my design. Just the outside of it. Maybe once I get done decorating it, I will post the rest.

Here's the first room...thats all I got right now.

J

Jar_jar_binks

I'm just glad UO is no longer just full of windowless borg cubes anymore.

Xanth de Orlig

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A house i did for a friend a few days ago..a few things need to be polished up/tweked but overall this is it..will get more pics and floor by floors when it is deco'd maybe

G

The south side of fire island right? I saw this house a few days ago when I was running around there, I really like the design.

Xanth de Orlig

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Exactly! ;-) Southern Most Point in Felucca
thanks was a blast to make, gonna use some plants to smooth out the water/swamp transition. I'll be sure to get pics when i think it is finished heh (or close enough cause it is never finished ;-))

Odd that every time i build a new home you happen to wander by it Sarsmi hehe ;-)

G

Ok so I am not a comptuer persson... I would like to add my house here but not sure how....I have them loaded on Photobucket. I got the picture there but under them are alot of codes...and well that is where I get lost...Anyone like to help?
Thank you

G

Right click on the picture, this will give you a URL address. Then to post the picture, type [image]URL[/image] where URL = the address. Click on "I want to preview my post" below the text box so you can check it before you post it to make sure it worked correctly.

G

Here I go...
This house is on the Altantic Shard in Malas...(thanks for the help)
Well I did try to put them on here but when i looked at them they are very small....*goes back to working on them*

Xanth de Orlig

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

....I have them loaded on Photobucket

[/ QUOTE ]

i use photobucket and i say it can't get easier

In the box below your pic sample on you album page, highlight and copy (all you have to do is left click it once,it should auto select the entire line,and right click to copy) the very bottom selection :

^^^ after that simply paste that line in the post where you want it and whammo should work dandy!

A

Aboo

My sister (Devil_Woman) recently recustomized one of my houses (18 x 18) and decorated it for me. I thought it was so great I had to share it. She does such a great job!

Outside view:

1st Floor:

2nd Floor:

3rd Floor:

G

Ok I can get the pictures on here but they are so small...but when I look at them on my computer they are very big. I had a friend check them out and they said they are to small. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

G

Go ahead and post the link that is showing in the properties when you right click on the picture and we can maybe figure it out.

G

If you're viewing them in an image editing program on your computer, check to make sure you're not seeing them enlarged,
i.e. at more than 100%.

G

Hey! saw that house on LS while i was walkin down to the carnal knowledge vendor's to get some arrows, had just attempted (badly) to try a tree house of my own, gave up. now that i see yours again i realizer that i needed log posts
. ill be workin on mine soon now.

G

Ok I will post the Pictures as soon as I find out how too...THanks for all your help. if you care to see the house. Its on Altantic Shard in Malas at 75.36N 35.0E

G

What a tiny, yet cute, little house! Hehe

Ok it looks like the pictures you uploaded were small to begin with, did you use a program like photoshop to change the size of the images before you saved and uploaded them? I can't think of any other reason this would happen. Hrm.

A

Aboo

<blockquote><hr>

now that i see yours again i realizer that i needed log posts . ill be workin on mine soon now.

[/ QUOTE ]Be sure and post pics of your house when finished (or at least the coords so I can come visit)!

I made my house private right after I acquired it because as I was unlocking things to get it ready to customize I noticed things were disappearing. I did detect hidden and Samantha was there taking things as I unlocked them (nothing important though, just junk) so I made the house private until we got through customizing and decorating. I will probably make it public again soon.

G

Ok when I open the pictures up on my computer they say at the top (1024x768x16.7million) i use paint shop to open them. they are in bmp form. They are as big as my screen and I have a 19in

G

Save them as jpgs and then try to upload them that way, as bmps are huge - it might be something with photobucket not allowing you to import images that are that big (I've never used it, thats the only guess I could make).

Xanth de Orlig

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i dont think bmp files will work fer hostin with photobucket though i may be wrong, but i do know that you need it jpeg to post it...Photobucket should resize all large images to a smaller size automatically, so i wouldn't worry about making them smaller, as if its too big it should be converted.

good luck, all this build up dyin to see it ;-) and too lazy to run around hehe

L

LupeValenz

Hi there everyone! New to the forums, though I've been a long time reader
. Wanting to put up my newly finished home ^_^. GM all the skills I've wanted *bout time* and so I wanted a home to relax to now. Just got the basic design finished, just need to finish decorating later

My first floor has a living room, a kitchen, and small lil rest area.

My 2nd floor is where I go to work with my scribe/alchy/gardner. Has a small rune library and a regular library as well. Though need to fill it up with books later on hehe.

My 3rd floor is my bed room made with a walk in closet at the west side, and the east is tailor area to make some clothes.

My home is easily Identified with a ying-yang
. Like to change the look every so often so will post picks later on when I get nother designed up ^_^.

A

ArkonisTheMad

I have found a little out of the way spot on Origin for my little mage's tower.
Origin has tons of plots available still. There are several large tower and 18x18's near my house. The one thing though that I love about my spot is that no one can build near it even to the north of it where the land opens back up. I was looking for a place that wouldn't be crowded out in the future on Origin and I found it. It's pretty awesome and it's perfect for my "Tower of Arcane Arts."

My Tram mages tower is a 14x13 I believe. From Luna you would head east through the Crystal Fens and south of the Northern Crags, all the way to the eastern side of Northern Malas.

As you can see, there's a little natural bridge to get to my plot.

The bottom floor. The albitore is a teleporter to the top floor. Still working on the rune library though.

2nd floor, I love my fish tank, as you can see further down, it looks good at night.

3rd floor, this is where all the magic happens!

Top floor. Good look out into the night sky.

a couple of shots at night.

Let me know what you think..... Ok, I went overboard on the black tiles. I like it though.