• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Post regarding event items...

LordNoximos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What a joke...

Greetings Everyone,

We have been keeping a close eye on EM events and player feedback regarding rewards. After careful consideration we have decided that everyone that does the event should receive a reward. This reward will be the same reward across all the shards, with small differences in text on the item or the hue of the item. We will, of course, take precautions to ensure that only people who take part in a specific event receive the reward. The 1st and 2nd place winners will have their names on the item along with the event name and a year added to the item. When rewards are given out by the Event Moderators it will be announced with the post of shard times that the EM will be giving the applicable reward.

For future events, all locations will be announced with the times to stop any confusion for future events.

Mesanna
Let's just HAND OUT ITEMS WITH NAMES! WAHOO!

Also, selling EM Welcome sashes (Sykobri, Kanmare.), I won't wear anything with any ones name who supports the Event Good Will program we now have running.

R

RichDC

So now at events the top 2 places will get unique items with there names on it but everyone else gets an item for participating??

If thats the case sounds like a good plan to me, hopefully should cut down the gimme gimme gimme attitude and still allow the winners to receive something good for there efforts.

LordNoximos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So now at events the top 2 places will get unique items with there names on it but everyone else gets an item for participating??

If thats the case sounds like a good plan to me, hopefully should cut down the gimme gimme gimme attitude and still allow the winners to receive something good for there efforts.
Are you joking? The "GIMME GIMME GIMME" attitude is what got this changed, and turned what was essentially a SHARD WIDE quest to put knowledge, endurance, and all around game skill to the test, into a shamble! A shell of it's former (program) glory.:yell:

If I want to the same intense quest & get the same stupid reward as everyone else, I'll go run Solen hives naked.

LordNoximos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me be the kid to bust open the pinata, I'll take the crunch bar with the name on it, everyone elses better just be blue.

Stuffa

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like another stupid decision on the EM front.

No wonder this game is so poo at times.

T

Trevelyan

I was at a Europa event recently and, despite the efforts of many, only a few actually got something. While many probably dont ask for anything at all, they would probably be highly appreciative of being given *something*. Tbh, it seems like a nice little memento of an event.

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What a joke...

Let's just HAND OUT ITEMS WITH NAMES! WAHOO!

Also, selling EM Welcome sashes (Sykobri, Kanmare.), I won't wear anything with any ones name who supports the Event Good Will program we now have running.
And here I thought this is just what we did on Atlantic....And I thought we had a lot of fun....I personally favor this method of distribution.

I am grateful you never told me what the answers were that night. I had a very good time figuring them out for myself. I felt bad people were being rude to you because you didn't give them the answers.

I was laughing the whole time you boys were telling me about the fine walls in the Cove guardhouse.

I enjoyed even the first day of the turn in because I recognized it as an opportunity to mingle and talk to people I would rarely have had the chance without such an event. I thought the next day was much better. The lines worked beautifully and I still had a chance to visit. This was part of the charm of building community in the old days...actually working together & being together in the same place for a common cause.

So why would we only want 2 or 3 people to get something uber rare like we did with the last EM program? Wasn't this way more fun and inclusive? I loved the fact that it was announced on the shard message system.

I'll buy your sashes to display in the library with pride.

Sincerest thanks to our new EM's....I thought it went very well.

Congratulations to you Noximos for being the first one finished and for sticking to your principles and not telling the rest of us so we could have fun solving it.

I enjoyed solving it every time they changed it although the last time I did have some welcome help. I look forward to the next one. I know you'll be there working on it with us, won't you?

Andrasta
GRL

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
THE WALLS!!!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!!

in all seriousness. in deep theory the EM program isnt going away. so it makes since that there would be events that return a single item to a winner, events that give a top 20 prize, events that anyone who participates can have, events that actually require knowledge about ultima/uo like the last one did, and ones that are obvious to anyone who has played UO in the last month. theres is no reason but a bad idea to make it so whenever there is an event, anyone can just say they were there and get the same reward as the people who teamed up with strangers to join minds and overcome a tough challenge.

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess they did try and distinguish between those of us who really did it and those who simply bought a pre-made one from a vendor house with the questions they were asking. I heard there were quite a few who were embarrassed by the fact they couldn't answer.

The questions were a good idea but it just took too long to do that with a random call up. If the line was put into place on the first day, that might have worked just fine.

One thing is for certain. They don't like those whose only goal is to make gold off the EM Program so I think they will make them generic and worthless to combat the greed.

It was still alot of fun and I look forward to the next one no matter what they decide to do.

E

Escobar_TDT

Well, seeing as the reward was just a book. Why not? And to those who have been waiting for 4-5 hours and didn't get anything while the people who get picked go out and get their second chars to do it over again. I think this is a good idea.

I thought the whole point of EM Events are to have people come together and have fun participating. Not being aggravated and spend hours of their game play to get no reward from it.

The only people who are complaining are the ones who don't care about the events they just care about the items. And are so selfish they either want to flaunt their rare items by themselves or sell them for an insane amount of gold. *cough* Noximos.

SouthernRageLNR

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone should have access to the same items or it just creates an unfair advantage for other players

end thread

N

NewThunder

This is the continuing trap of the EM program. There is such a huge demand for events and content, and everyone would like a memento. I was impressed that the Em's worked so carefully to prepare provide tomes of love to so many. Like Christmas it should not be about the gift itself, rather the thoughts behind it.

S

soulstoner

This is the continuing trap of the EM program. There is such a huge demand for events and content, and everyone would like a memento. I was impressed that the Em's worked so carefully to prepare provide tomes of love to so many. Like Christmas it should not be about the gift itself, rather the thoughts behind it.
hear - hear !! *clinks glasses* -- (need smiley for that)