• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Buying and Selling] Possibly selling or trading my castle / buying Tokuno island houses

Saphireena

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Selling Tram Castle [SOLD!]

Greetings,

When Trammel was released and there was a mad rush to place houses, I was lucky enough to place this Vesper castle on a peninsula with a nice seashore. There is absolutely zero spawn which is nice for holding parties or sparring sessions out on the front lawn.

I used to run Big Mamas Apartmentos here about 10 years ago, with each corner of the castle being an apartment. It was so popular that we constantly had people queing to move in! Here is the old website for the castle:

Big Mamas Apartmentos

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well Good luck with Darsus, or the "team" Darsus, he/they own everything so best forget that one :(

Elistaria i believe is in ELV, senior member if i am not mistaken, so unless you can offer more gold than she already has, sadly i think you need to forget that too

the other house, which i prefer, "under slow construction" sadly can be blocked

sooooooooo, i would start thining of Luna

good luck

Saphireena

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the info Jack. But what did you mean by this?

"the other house, which i prefer, "under slow construction" sadly can be blocked"

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as i know Saph, Darsus doesn't play anymore, or very rarely. But he is rather wealthy IRL so didn't need to close his accounts.

I think i may know someone that used to speak to him, will ask if he can get contact, will let you know :)

hope this helps

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Left my mate a message on ICQ and a link to this thread, he doesn't log on ICQ much at the moment but hopefully he'll get it soon and reply. Maybe he can still contact darsus or knows more information :)

Saphireena

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Excellent, thank you very much for going to the trouble. I know it's a long shot but you never know!

I've added my ICQ and Skype info into my profile as well.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

"the other house, which i prefer, "under slow construction" sadly can be blocked"
I think he's referring to the other Tokuno island house, quite a large one but there is space around it for smaller plots (hence the reference to blocking) :)

Saphireena

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I think he's referring to the other Tokuno island house, quite a large one but there is space around it for smaller plots (hence the reference to blocking) :)
Aaah right. This one?

The thing I find unattractive about this place is that apparently that's the largest you can go in building something (one would assume that the owner would want to build as large as possible, right?). If so, it leaves space for others to build tiny buildings around it. I also don't like how when you're in the building you can't see the seashore very well...

Madrid I'm waiting to see what kind of possibilities open up. I was told on this thread that this castle would go for 500 mill by a couple of people, so your offer is a tad low as well :).

AtlanticTradingCo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Good Day,

Unfortunately cant help with the Island housing. In the event where you consider selling for gold then I will bid 400m.

Cheers.

Saphireena

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the offer Atlantic, I'll keep it in mind. The problem is though that I also need a new place to move into that will fit all my stuff. But let's see what happens.

AtlanticTradingCo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Well, if its of any interest, I own a central plot in Tram Mag, think its E 3 right next to C 1, also got a 18x18 on the road to Luna, its a roadside plot about 5-6 houses down from the south entrance path.

Could throw in one or the other.

Saphireena

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Atlantic Do you mean those little vendor stalls? Wasn't quite able to figure it out. As for the house south of Luna, is it the one that looks sort of like a church, "Ares Church Brewers"?

Saphireena

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Both houses are quite nice and the Magincia one is quite tempting, however not quite nice enough for getting rid of my castle. Because the whole point for me is to move into something I like more. The problem I have with that particular plot is that once the neighbor to the SE starts building, his/her house will obstruct the view quite badly. Too bad it wasn't C1 or one of the nicer sea side plots, then I'd have considered this seriously. Your plot is really great for merchants though, so nothing wrong with being central, just for different motivations. Let's keep in touch, maybe something will come up in the future. My ICQ is in my profile.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Both houses are quite nice and the Magincia one is quite tempting, however not quite nice enough for getting rid of my castle. Because the whole point for me is to move into something I like more. The problem I have with that particular plot is that once the neighbor to the SE starts building, his/her house will obstruct the view quite badly. Too bad it wasn't C1 or one of the nicer sea side plots, then I'd have considered this seriously. Your plot is really great for merchants though, so nothing wrong with being central, just for different motivations. Let's keep in touch, maybe something will come up in the future. My ICQ is in my profile.
The owner of C1 is a guildie and I know hes looking for a castle (he was recently scammed out of alot of money trying to buy one on LS). I can see if he would be interested in a trade and pass on his contact info if you like?

Saphireena

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Risso: Yes I'd most definitely be interested in talking with him about it at the very least. His is on the Trammel side, right?

So sorry to hear he was scammed :-(((. Sounds scary, I wonder how that's even possible! I've been away for so long that I don't know what all the current risks are in house transfers.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
to be fair .... a few of the back ones have fell in trammel and been replaced...so zero in one sense.....i had one fall because nobody wanted to even part with 5m-10m for it???? and i just forgot about it......was one of the northern back ones....guess one or two of the real front ones that look over the sea are more desirable....

so your price guide would be ??? less than 5m too..to whatever a player would want to pay for a 15x15 at the front....

does that help???

Saphireena

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes it does THP, thanks. I've been looking through the various trade forums and also here at the old magincia plot sales. They sure don't go for much do they. Is there a reason they are so unpopular?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes it does THP, thanks. I've been looking through the various trade forums and also here at the old magincia plot sales. They sure don't go for much do they. Is there a reason they are so unpopular?
well magincia just did not take off like the devs had hoped...they wanted a thriving player run market...aka the stalls u see...only really good for tamers selling pets and u can see on europa they are not used much...also think the devs wanted to create a new luna 2!!! for shop vendors .... it just did not happen...maybe 4-5 shops on the whole island???

AtlanticTradingCo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Really a difficult one to answer.

I really dont want to get into all 'How deep is the sea?' paradox.

As the housing market as it is, I can 'imo' state that Castles Tram/Fel, and Magincia mainly tram side the only houses that are sought after. Magincia ones may not be so anymore - not entirely sure. Rest, including Keeps on either side have gone down the hill unless a real prime spot.

I am leaving Luna out of this equation as some plots fetch more than Tram grass Castles.

As to the pricing. My personal history at the Island - tough not an indication of the current market.

I offered SW3 a hunder million and was refused the sell.
I purchased SE3 for again a hundred about 3 weeks later tough mine was to quicken the process, it was an auction here http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-europa-trade/244273-selling-new-magincia-house-spot-se3-=-sold-=.html with an opening bid of 75 mil.

Some recent sales have taken place there so further comments may give you a clear idea as to the current prices.

Saphireena

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah I see, I see.

Well if I analyze this from a purely psychological view, my guess is that it has the following issues compared to Luna to inspire that kind of behavior in players:

a) The way houses are placed side by side along those long roads in Luna makes it feel much more like a huge shopping mall. You get the feeling that you can shop around for a long time and eventually find everything you're looking for. In Magincia you have to run around a LOT to find all the various plots just to check if they even have vendors on them.
b) The color of the city is much more clean cut for Luna. Nice light sandstone colors make it feel "sunnier" and people tend to want to "go to the light". It's no wonder that I mostly like to use sandstone when I'm making a customizable!
c) The obvious benefits of certain websites that "help with sales". Although I guess they now support Magincia as well.

Saphireena

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting, thanks for telling us about your experiences there Atlantic. Well I guess it's safe to say that if I were to make a trade with someone who has a Magincia Tram house, that it would be fair to demand cash (maybe 400 mill?) + Magincia house for my Tram castle which is on such a prime spot. What do you guys think?

Saphireena

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh and by the way, I have another newbie question. I purchased the 7th character slot + increased storage pack off the UO store and when I was accessing my castle's gump, I got the message stating "Your house has gained increased secure storage". 6563 storage woohoo! Anyhow here comes the dumb question:

Was this extra percentage of storage space now linked to this castle only, or is something that moves with my character no matter where I live? So if I move into a new house, I'll have +40% in total storage space there too? (I had +20% already from before, can't remember where I got it, and this pack gave me +20% more)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just remember thats an increase of 40% of a 15x15 storage yes....which is the same as a 18x18..

[a lot less than 1/2 that of a castle store...]

good luck...ya tram castle is worth a minumn of 500m...its one of the best placed in the game...so just take it easy....and make sure u have the right deal b4 trading it away.........THP

Saphireena

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm actually starting to have second thoughts about whether I even want to get rid of the castle. When I first posted this, I had just returned to UO fresh and was just feeling UTTERLY bored with it and was also frustrated that they still haven't implemented any customization possibilities (and probably never will). But at that point I hadn't gotten a chance to look into all the new items out and about that have a huge impact on just how cosy you can make a castle look if decorated right. Namely the custom decorative carpets were completely new to me, as were the rubble items (wall pieces, coat racks etc). Also the larger tree like plants give many possibilities. I've been doing some decorating with this stuff and so far I'm impressed with just how well I can transform the castle into a liveable home. Still keeping my ears open for any amazing offers, but for now I thought it would be only fair to warn you guys about the possibility of me sticking to my castle after all.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
castles can be cozy and cute... just saying.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm actually starting to have second thoughts about whether I even want to get rid of the castle. When I first posted this, I had just returned to UO fresh and was just feeling UTTERLY bored with it and was also frustrated that they still haven't implemented any customization possibilities (and probably never will). But at that point I hadn't gotten a chance to look into all the new items out and about that have a huge impact on just how cosy you can make a castle look if decorated right. Namely the custom decorative carpets were completely new to me, as were the rubble items (wall pieces, coat racks etc). Also the larger tree like plants give many possibilities. I've been doing some decorating with this stuff and so far I'm impressed with just how well I can transform the castle into a liveable home. Still keeping my ears open for any amazing offers, but for now I thought it would be only fair to warn you guys about the possibility of me sticking to my castle after all.
Castles can be a bit drafty, and on Halloween I've seen a few ghosts roaming the hallways. But I love my castle, so I hope you keep yours and plenty of
ways to deco them. Plus with ladders its easy to get on the roofs now :).

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm actually starting to have second thoughts about whether I even want to get rid of the castle.
This ;)

I have been looking for another castle owner, thinking the same thing, so i can get you both together, and knock yr heads together!

you are the first for sure:)

Saphireena

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well guys, it's been almost 2 weeks since last responding to this thread and since then I've been having a lot of fun decorating the castle with the carpets and new plants and was enjoying it so much that I was having moments of thinking "Huh? I must be crazy to sell this castle!" But as the days passed, I just found myself frustrated again and again by the fact that I cannot customize and the newness of the carpets wore off eventually and here I am ready to sell the castle. I've actually spent all weekend emptying it out by sticking all the stuff on my characters and in their bank boxes. So the castle is emptied and pretty much ready to go.

Wanted to see if there are any new people interested.

Saphireena

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok call me crazy but since there wasn't much action going on with the castle and the itch got to me, I've just demolished the castle and placed 2 18x18 next to one another and will try and connect them visually. So just for anyone's information who was still thinking about it.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Saphireena

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's my logic:

- The benefit of placing a couple of 18x18's in this particular spot gives me a fairly good chance of changing my mind and rebuilding the castle if I later decide to. Of course some deals will be needed to be made with any possible neighbours who fill in the empty spots, but seeing as UO landscape becomes emptier and emptier by the year, people have so many larger spots to choose from, that building a small house in that particular spot is not a preference, especially since it would be covered by the height my 18x18s. I mean, if you're gonna pay a monthly subscription for an account, you want to make the best use of it as possible eh?
- My biggest dream right now is to reincarnate the Big Mamas Apartmentos, and seeing as the first one was on this spot in the castle, restarting it in the same spot has sentimentality and history value. It just wouldn't feel the same having the apartments in another place.
- I've been "stuck" in UO for about 5 years because I would log on, get depressed that I can't customize it, then lose heart and not play again for a year. Obviously it's not the only reason but missing out on house customization while watching everyone else having so much fun with it definitely had an impact. So for me it's smarter to just go cold turkey and make myself happy again.
- If I would have sold the castle, I'd have probably been able to buy a 18x18 somewhere sure, but what are the chances of getting 2 of them in one go? Pretty slim. And I'll be needed the space to make the apartments.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But some ******* will place a 7x7 next to your 18x18s and thus render your castle never to be made again...unless u pay some nob 200m for the 7x7???

Hey its your land and your house.....each person to his own....enjoy it thats all i will say...enjoy it!!..

Oh and the apartments worked so good because there was 1000s of players back then and 100s had no houses..i was one of them..there was not one spot for even a 7x7!!!....alas today europa population is about 200-300 and everyone as got a big house or two

Saphireena

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They might for a while, but are they really willing to waste money every month just to be an a r s e? There are so many other places they could grief on.

Saphireena

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But some ******* will place a 7x7 next to your 18x18s and thus render your castle never to be made again...unless u pay some nob 200m for the 7x7???

Hey its your land and your house.....each person to his own....enjoy it thats all i will say...enjoy it!!..

Oh and the apartments worked so good because there was 1000s of players back then and 100s had no houses..i was one of them..there was not one spot for even a 7x7!!!....alas today europa population is about 200-300 and everyone as got a big house or two
Don't get me wrong, I can understand the heartbreak. Believe me, it's that very emotion I've been clinging onto for way too many years in this game. Sometimes ya just need to take a step back and think to yourself "I've been doing this same thing year after year and it's getting me nowhere - do I continue until the day UO closes, or give in and "live wildly" and just go after what I really want to be doing in the game. At the end of the day - the main thing is to have fun.

As for the apartment concept, I think the main purpose back then was the RP and the cosy company. We had such awesome times, sometimes going out on hunts together like a guild would (just without the commitment that a guild requires), sometimes solo - but it was always just as lovely to come home and find the tenants sitting in the lounge chatting and sharing an ale, or up in the games room playing chess.

I think the highlight of my apartments back then was I was cooking dinner for everyone and they were all sitting at the tables in the dining hall. I had just served grub when suddenly a seer and a counselor appeared, in their robes and all - right there with us. They had been watching us "invisibly" for a moment and decided to come in to compliment the concept we had. They ate some of the grub I'd cooked up and had a nice little chat with us, then off they went Poof! I'll never ever forget it. Must find the screenie. This is what the dining hall looked like though:

A few years ago ago this happened: http://vboards.stratics.com/uhall/254700-those-who-feel-doom-gloom.html#post2043111

(basically the story about how one of the old tenants came to visit after years had gone by)

So yeah, it was so much more than just "a place to live". And I aim to recreate the atmosphere again. Only this time I'll be able to really build proper apartments for the tenants with lockable doors etc. Finally!

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didn't you do this to stop someone upgrading their keep to a castle on Ice island?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didn't you do this to stop someone upgrading their keep to a castle on Ice island?
that was a idoc we both placed at the same idoc..that is different..we both had the same right to the new exposed land...both had the same right to replace th castle....and we did agree on a token sale so the castle could be placed...

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and i havent idoced for 2 years...keep it it up son and ill get my idoc boots back out and start cleaning up again.....!!!!!:gee: