• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rares Fest Possible interest in a rares fest

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ok..... so heres the scoop.... Yes I have sold everything I own in the game with the exception of my plots, for interest and purposes I really am away from the game but then I receive a message @Funtony that he was hospitalized for a year and afk from the game.
He wants to hold a Rare's fest. I sent out icq messages to several players I have worked with in the past and I am still collecting data. I am emailing @Mesanna and EM Roenick for input for their help

One post I received back explains the state of the Rares community in a nut shell. Since the conception of EM events and drops there are 6920k plus item event drops flooding the market.
To me some are real junk, of course what's one mans trash is another's treasure. I am not a snobbish Rare's collector, and I am not the only one who agrees about Rare's fests and junk items, so this will need to be strictly controlled. I mean if you try and submit items that can be placed on vendors it wont be accepted and your vendor will have black goza's placed on them if you don't have items that do not spawn.

The Dates we would like to shoot for is: festival set up and taking over vendor houses the week of May 8th through May 15th and vendors placement starts on May 17th along with week long events- and auction houses and safes will start the Friday May 22nd and end Sunday May 24th. Items can be submitted to auction houses as of May 15th

Two vendor houses-two auction houses, anything goes vendor house, event house, auction safes placement house- I will need help for the vendor placements-this is the hardest part of the festival-keeping track and being on different time zones
I am expecting your help for rares auction houses and auction safes placement houses and events

The festival will not be on Atlantic, and it will not be announced in advance which shard due to security issues

With all that being said, the theme for this festival (should we decide to do it) is (2020) a Matrix in UO history.
With Mesanna's help you will enter the Rare's fest through a " in game computer" and from here it gets wild- ( Wild meaning you do the event you can run with your ideas) Mesanna is amazing at her deco, last year the pirate theme was over the top awesome!
@blend, @Kincsem , @Laina , @Olcher , @Nails Warstein , @PoTTy MouTh , @Restless , @BrianFreud and anyone else I missed- We need your help

Last edited:

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To me some are real junk, of course what's one mans trash is another's treasure. I am not a snobbish Rare's collector, and I am not the only one who agrees about Rare's fests and junk items, so this will need to be strictly controlled. I mean if you try and submit items that can be placed on vendors it wont be accepted and your vendor will have black goza's placed on them if you don't have items that do not spawn.
So is this saying that EM items cannot be put on vendors? Or are you saying that if an item currently spawns it cannot go on a vendor? The wording is a bit confusing to me.

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
So is this saying that EM items cannot be put on vendors? Or are you saying that if an item currently spawns it cannot go on a vendor? The wording is a bit confusing to me.
If it spawns its not rare- if its value is under 175 mil it will not go into an auction house- and there will be vendors that anything goes-Most festival the first week you can make funds by placing anything on your festival vendor-after that strict guidelines are in place

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I would be happy to help out in any way I can.

What keeps it from being able to be done on Atlantic? How much notice will be given out as to what shard? I'm sure there will be a ton of transferring done leading up to the event...so I'm just trying to get an idea of how long I will have to plan ahead.

Surely things are much more successful when they are done on ATL...I don't understand why it Can't be done on Atlantic. I like going and showing some other shards some love...I just selfishly would like to see it done on ATL.

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
At one of the events a few years back there was a story telling contest. The 1st, 2nd and 3rd rewards were pretty decent, I won it and 1st place prize was the EM Drop Addie Painting. If yall are up for it then I would like to put this on again....I am comfortable with handling all of it. I would be willing to put the rewards up for 1st, 2nd & 3rd although some help would be appreciated.

Please let me know if this is something those of you in the community would enjoy...your feedback will help me know if it is worth doing. The story's would have to be UO related obviously, told within 7 mins or less, and not profane in any way. The story I won with that year was a story about pre tram when if you went in a house you would turn grey to the owner....It was one of my first days on and I thought I met a friendly person, after walking in his house I got my ass kicked lol. The other stories were similar fun things that had some nostalgia effect. I'm sure most of you have some fun story like this. Its a good way to get us all together to chat and laugh about the game we all love. Please let me know if you would even consider coming to hear peoples stories...I dont want to do it if only 5 or 6 people are interested.

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I have done the story telling events on both the festivals and the jubilees for the last... what... 10 years- and Yes @Jason- I love the stories from around a campfire and at the taverns- I would love for you to run this event- heres the answer to get the players to participate- the first prize has to be off the charts- period- I made the festival participants even dress & act the part of their story line for the week leading up to the event- they were judged on this

Why not Atlantic? I say why not another shard? Don't you think if a Rares festival event is publicly posted our community is smart enough to have transfer tokens ready?

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have been to a few of the rares fests. I love going to them. It does not matter what shard it is on. There is always someone willing to do transfer of items and gold.
I always wish I could help out but my time in uo is always short windows with irl comeing frist.

The very frist one I went to was on Treasure Island on Atlantic that what's got me into collecting. Picked up my frist armor set there and now that collecting is over 150

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do it on LA and you can place a large group of houses for it together with ease. Even right outside of luna exits if you wanted

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have been to a few of the rares fests. I love going to them. It does not matter what shard it is on. There is always someone willing to do transfer of items and gold.
I always wish I could help out but my time in uo is always short windows with irl comeing frist.

The very frist one I went to was on Treasure Island on Atlantic that what's got me into collecting. Picked up my frist armor set there and now that collecting is over 150
150 sets?
blimey I wanna check that out!

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
150 sets?
blimey I wanna check that out!
Most are the cult, enchanted, fellowship, a few doom, one kotl, ML, ranger, old clean up, 5 sigil sets, Phoenix, Queen dawn, blackrock, serpent, white and red with self repair deamon bone.

My pockets are not deep so mainly no em sets because the cost is always to high for myself unless I can pice then together my self. 4th floor.png always accepting donations lol

Qikdraw

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I'd be super pumped about another Rares Fest!

Well, as long as there are Napa rares, that I don't have, for me to buy! o.0

But I always enjoy seeing a lot of really cool items from all the shards.

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Bump.... This seems to be a strong go ahead.. I have most of the help commited. I still need someone to volunteer transfers of items
I have events scheduled and would love more added
PM or icq me (150693039)
I am always looking for donations and could use a couple prizes donated
Nails is working on the official post and the shard will be announced in that
@Laina , @BrianFreud , @blend , @Jason- (still waiting on responses from you please

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bump.... This seems to be a strong go ahead.. I have most of the help commited. I still need someone to volunteer transfers of items
I have events scheduled and would love more added
PM or icq me (150693039)
I am always looking for donations and could use a couple prizes donated
Nails is working on the official post and the shard will be announced in that
@Laina , @BrianFreud , @blend , @Jason- (still waiting on responses from you please
I sent you the following PM a couple of weeks ago but never got a response.
Would you be willing to share with me what shard you plan to hold the event on? Last rares fest I offered free transfers and I would like to do so again. I am not asking to be affiliated with rares fest and I promise not to share the location . I just want to start saving up tokens now so I can help others out.

See my post last year here: Transfer Offer - Rares Fest
I still plan on offering transfers if I have the tokens available. While it appears it will be unofficial, which is fine, the option is there. I haven't established myself in the rares community; so I fully understand not being officially affiliated.

I currently have tokens for the following: Atlantic, Baja, Great Lakes, Lake Austin, Origin, Pacific, and Sonoma. I can claim another shard or two if the demand is there.

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I sent you the following PM a couple of weeks ago but never got a response.

I still plan on offering transfers if I have the tokens available. While it appears it will be unofficial, which is fine, the option is there. I haven't established myself in the rares community; so I fully understand not being officially affiliated.

I currently have tokens for the following: Atlantic, Baja, Great Lakes, Lake Austin, Origin, Pacific, and Sonoma. I can claim another shard or two if the demand is there.
Hey Max, I sent you a pm. I do not see a post from you for this- I will forward this to @Nails who is currently working on the official post-
There is no committee that says anyone is official rares community- its earned trust and interaction with transparency, also with good communication
Thank you for your help and I appreciate you stepping up. I am always about showing this aspect of UO to players. That's why I help coordinate these festivals
Hugs and see you soon

IGaretjaxI

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This isn't going to be a popular post but, I just heard that having this rares fest is being discussed to be on Baja, I think that is a terrible ideal. You are missing out on the random population coming through to see the history/items that many of us have gathered to bring to this event to sell if it is on any other shard than Atlantic. Many of the players have the majority of their items/gold /anything of trade that are all on Atlantic. If Baja wants a try, then do one in six months from now.

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most of them have been on atl. By doing them on other shards it brings in that shard's base community into the mix of the rares scene that they normally don't see, which has the potential to create some new collectors. The rares market is always flourishing on atl so anyone there will see the stuff regardless

IGaretjaxI

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I get it, but it isn't about the collectors and traders having shard shields....it is about the buyers....and where the economy is.... hell i've put a stealther on baja since I've heard at luna stairs by the moongate and haven't seen more than 4 people at one time....just doesn't make sense in a sales and collection standpoint. But it isn't my decision, just thought I'd express my opinion.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It does not matter what shard it's on. If you need gold or items moved there is always someone willing.

I like going to the other shards because they feel more like a small town. And you can learn there history.

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Sighs* @Lord Frodo and @IGaretjaxI I am no genius, I am a player born and bred on Atlantic, I have held tons of Rares fests on both Atlantic and helped others with thiers on other shards, and I do this to bring the community, the newer players and returning players back together again and show as a rares community do we not only care about this passionate part of our UO experience but want others to learn, to get involved and to help. Like I said I am no genius nor a snobbish leet collector, but step up and hold a festival-its work I am not gona kid you, but fun, exciting and educational

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
To My Queen and her Team,

Thank you for all you hard work and effort over the years for the community.

It's much better to move these from shard to shard. People will follow and show up no matter where it is. You all do a very good job in letting the greater populations know when and where. Most are already use to poping in on other shards as it is. Good Luck and I wish you all great success.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Queen Arya I understand all the work you do, I was responding to the selfish person that thinks UO only revolves around Alt and to hell with the rest of the shards. I understand that if you decide to do it on Alt it will not be a selfish reason and that is all anybody asks.

Polaris75

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It should be on a different shard this time, it was just on Atlantic. The whole story of UO is that mondain split the crystal into 32 shards or whatnot.... there are enough players on Atlantic. RareFest should be about bolstering / helping out the populations of other shards, at least for two or three weeks out of the year. It should not be on Atlantic for the next 2 or 3 times... just saying. There are players on other shards, and they will certainly enjoy that and stay longer because of it. As to which shard next... now that's a good question. :) :)

Kraxal

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is not selfish to want the fest to be on Atlantic. It is by far the most populated and played shard. If you want the maximum involvement and the most new people to see the history of Ultima Online, then the rares fest should be on Atlantic. I will attend on whatever shard it is on but you will exclude a lot of players that might have even accidentally seen it happening. I am sorry if this hurt some feelings but it is just facts. Atl is so healthy right now. This is also a reason why this would be a great idea to have one right now. Introducing players to collecting is an awesome goal. Most newer players are on Atlantic and will not attend somewhere else. Heck they might not even know this site exists. Yes I have transfers btw. But I also appreciate the hard work that goes into having one of these. Do what you will. I will be there. Just my opinion. Thanks.

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lot of good fests over the years, one of the best was on Chessy along time ago. Pacs will go down as one of the great fest heists in history. Be good to see one on PAc again. Here is a pic of one we hosted on Chessy
fest.png

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@lineman that's the fest that ran the "Bob" event- I loved that event- see Mesanna did great deco all the way back then, that's your township stone- I love it- I realize I am not going to keep all the people happy all the time. I get it. Visiting the different shards and seeing the players house designs, the way they group up for dungeon runs, how they interact with their king and their EM events tells me "lets show the UO world there is life beyond Atlantics walls. Rares festivals were always divided up between shards. If you want to do one on Atlantic "have at it" im around enough to answer questions on where to start. This festival, however is not on Atlantic, so your help would be appreciated if you would get the word out. I for one will be advertising it everywhere