• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Population of GL compared to other Shards?

C

Caveman

Hello and Greetings to all.

I'm just curious as to what the population is of this shard compared to others? Siege has the most active posters and such, which leads me to think they have the highest pop? But I know that don't mean anything...anyone got any unbiased thoughts on populations between the different shards?

Thanks!

-Caveman

N

Newbomb Turk

I think Atlantic has the most but I bet GL is in the top 3. The economy, pvp, and tram stuff are all really strong on this shard. I moved here for those reasons.

I

imported_FireCrazy

Atl. does have a larger player base, but with that you have more of the crap to deal with. GL is just the right size to get something done, and still have enuff players to not get in the way. Over-populated shards are more difficult to obtain skill gains and arties in. Especially when theres 20 other pepole in the same dungeon or area that you are trying to "play" in. GL seems to be juist the right size, theres people around you , but not too many.

I

imported_Dark Nova

Great Lakes surely seems to be one of the best shards. Pacific seems to being dieing down a little, atlantic has too many cheats (look at the guild we now have from Atl.) "EV1L" key example. Baja doesn't seem too bad. Only other pvp shard i have observed is origin which is progressing to say the least but doesn't seem as fully evolved as other shards quite yet.

G

<blockquote><hr>

GL seems to be juist the right size, theres people around you , but not too many.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sooo.... more people playing on a given shard (GL in this case) is bad?

**ponders**

D

DougAlmighty13

Ya, too many people is a bad thing. GL has enough people where you can still intereact with alot of folks, but not so much that you can't go do something by yourself. Shouldn't take too much pondering, it is what it is.

I

imported_FireCrazy

You gotta understand Doug that KayBoy is another one of my obsessive fans.
Yes an over populated shard is a pain the ass! You see it when you go into the dungeons after a new items spawns, or a new creature is available to tame! It brings out the "best" in everybody! GL doesn't seem to be too over populated lately..more and more people are quitting to play other games. However I play on ATL and Baja and those shards are totally different. ATL is packed, and Baja is pretty dead. Thats why I like GL!

C

Caveman

Thanks for all the replies, i will take this into consideration.

I

imported_FireCrazy

All in All GL is a great shard! We get at each others throats constantly but in the end...Its all in fun..at least me for it is!

G

A higher population would allow for more interaction, more inclination of the game service to upgrade and maintain.

G

<blockquote><hr>

another one of my obsessive fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed... I always enjoyed the clowns at the circus. Most entertaining.

D

DougAlmighty13

Too much population would insure that the shard is overcrowded and everyone would be stealing your kills, tames, and loot... all the time. I agree that we need enough folks to interact with, which is the backbone of the game, but too many people would bring the game down, and just be chaos. Which is why there are many different shards. Imagine what it would be like if there were, say, 500 people spamming "Selling garbage bokuto 100 mil" at wbb, would you even go there? Also, consider the lag, the servers can only handle so much. Now, GL could use a few more folks, but only so many before it gets overcrowded.

T

Trailer Trash

I have played on atlantic, cats, ls and napa.
Great lakes has the best and most consistent pvp. You can always find a fight and the drama is like no other!!!! people are just mean here and i love it!!!!

MaxTDR

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great Lakes is the best....just ask the guys from Atlantic that had to come here to try and find pvp! lol. TDR/J*W, XV, UOD, BC, all the faction guilds, etc...there's a bunch of pvp.

I

imported_Lightning

Sonoma used to have pretty good pvp to (i'm talking like 5 years ago).

I'd have to agree though. I've played chessy, sonoma, Pacific, Great lakes, legends - and Great Lakes has by far been the most consistent when it comes to pvp. Pacific and Sonoma used to be a close 2nd, but they are almost dead shards now. I miss the playing there. it's amazing how you can watch a game change in 10 years. Having said that, what's truly amazing is that I still enjoy the game lol.