• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Closed Pop up

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Yep. And errors about shock wave crashing my browser (chrome).
If those errors continue, please share them via pm with Kirthag, Oscar, or myself. Or create a thread with the error message in this forum:

http://stratics.com/community/forums/stratics-help.692/

Our intent with the message was to raise awareness and inform people on how to support the site. We would be interested if somehow that is causing browser failure.

Thanks.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Can you tell me a bit more about those shockwave errors?
We are very picky about the ads that do appear on the forums and elsewhere on Stratics and we have tried to limit those intrusive shockwave ads that crash browsers.

Personally, the only time I get those errors is when I have about 30 tabs open in Chrome then attempt to run another 4 tabs with videos - heh.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep. And errors about shock wave crashing my browser (chrome).
Heh, be lucky to not get the real nasty ones that don't crash but highjack your computer :p I would highly recommend at least making Chrome ask for permission for sites using this in chrome://plugins/

Last edited:

Val Van Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
anyone else getting the message about using a adblocker on here?
Yes I get that message several times a day. I do not pay attention to ads. Adblocker has improved my computer use in so many ways....can't think of any right now. Yes I can. Oh yes!

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
@DJAd - as i'm not staff anymore i cannot official help or tweak anything.

i will say that it is not always what is showing up on the Stratics site. If you are a multi-tab user (as I see you are) - some sites have hidden scripts. you can find them when you look at the chrome tools and such. also, if you are running some programs (like I do with gimp and such) it will raise the chances of shockwave crashing on an ad due to resource hogging.

all in all, adobe is a resource hog. if i'm heavy in a game, i generally shut down everything but what i need.

hope that helps some. if not, contact @Ron Bron

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah OK. The other tab was just gmail which I blanked out to hide email address.