• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

poo's disco primer

F

Fingers of Cats

Well I can't quite see how you've been hitting Disco in 2 days, I've been spending about 8+ hours a day Discoing the different creatures mentioned for the different disco skill level and am still only at about 83.5 currently... done about 3 or 4 8+ hour days and its taking a bit longer then expected :p

J

Jakki

PoO u might be the guy to ask this !! ive made a macro on uo assist to disco polar bears in my house then invis 12secs but after that how i get it too loop an start from the begining again ?? pls lemme know if u do thnx

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ok.

so i have heard some people say that we here on the bard forum are telling people to trap pets in order to train barding skills.

lets be crystal clear on this.

it is a BANNABLE offence to train with pets that are trapped and can not reach each other (provo)
or just so they cant run away (disco)

now, i can say that i personally have never seen a GM while ive been training my barding skills.
but i have heard of people who have.

so if your gonna train barding skills i would suggest you use your brain and maybe dont trap animals in a luna vender house to do it.

ya i know.... i thought this would go without saying.... but apparantlly not.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Re: poo\'s disco primer

Just to respond to something asked way back in 2006...

Macro works just fine, except for the fact that it wants to target things that are wayyyyy off screen. I have all these beautiful animals in front of me and it's targeting a mongbat that's a screen and a half away. Any suggestions as to a change in the macro I could make to keep the disco on a critter that I can actually see?
Yes! There is another macro 'SetUpdateRange' in the box on the right you can specify a number (of tiles) and everything further than that will be greyed out (or invisible if you have 'ColourOutOfRange' off in the cfg files).

This is useful for any target cycling macro, for if you're not going to be on long enough for it to be worth recording in UOA.

To reset it to default just log out/in.

M

maroite

ok.

so i have heard some people say that we here on the bard forum are telling people to trap pets in order to train barding skills.

lets be crystal clear on this.

it is a BANNABLE offence to train with pets that are trapped and can not reach each other (provo)
or just so they cant run away (disco)

now, i can say that i personally have never seen a GM while ive been training my barding skills.
but i have heard of people who have.

so if your gonna train barding skills i would suggest you use your brain and maybe dont trap animals in a luna vender house to do it.

ya i know.... i thought this would go without saying.... but apparantlly not.

Hmm... If you herd them and make them follow a character, they don't run away, aren't trapped and you're using a skill available in game. :p

You can also GM herding in about ... 90 minutes. lol:thumbup1:

S

Sinister703

After finishing Gamans from 50-65 (i got slow gains @ 65), I tamed 5 Ki-Rin and put em all on a small island and got very fast gains (at least 2.0 pts/hr).

I used the ki-Rins until 90 (gains started to drop to about 1.0 pts per hour).

There is always 2 Ki-Rins at the extreme northwest corner of Malas. Mark a rune there and load up! They re-spawn very quickly.

Of course, this only works for males but there are 2 unicorns there also. Oh, and it'd be a good idea to have + karma so they don't kill you when you release them on a small island.

dlwiii

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So how is trapping them on an island different than putting them in a house or boat? It is unclear to me which, if any of those actions are a bannable offense. Could someone clear this up, please?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
they are all bannable.

house, boat

basically anywhere you can pen up a animal is bannable.

thats if you get caught of course.

my dad is found of saying "everything is legal unless you get caught"

and i personally have never seen a GM while training, but i have heard horror stories of people who have!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i had a 2nd bard on.... im thinking it was Baja?
that was capped at 115.

i had left him there as i allready have a 120x4 bard there on my main account.

but i just recentlly was given a race change token there and decided to change that toon into a Gargoyl and i was going to stone off the barding skills and make a nice Necro/Mystic champ spawner.

but on a whim i went and picked up some 120 provo, peace and disco scrolls and ate them up and decided to give training with the bard masteries a try to see how the gains where.

i have done the diso one only so far, and my music is at 115 and i was useing a GM EX instrament (cause i just wanted to see if the gains where possible and wasnt really into it hard core to test)
and i gained!

i was casting the bard mastery for disco on myself in fel.
was the lower one, despair i think?

at any rate, i did it for a while and was able to gain up to 116.1

i did have to stone off my eval and put on med and have a nice LMC / MR suit but the gains where definatlly happening.

i would think that with a pack full of NPC instraments and GM music the gains would be faster.
and im not sure what my barding difficulty is as being a player, so it might even be faster if i used a animal, but then it would flag me to the critter and the fight would be on.

but might be faster.
id have to check.
but, like i said above, im not keeping this toon a bard (for long) as i was going to switch out the template.

but i did want to get him all worked up to cap then try out a couple things.
so i may get bored and stone off the music and try out some animals.
ill post back if i do.

poo

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The acid slug spawn in Underworld is a great spot to train disco from about 45 to 60ish. Lots of targets, and if ya sit on the lil safe spot in middle its very easy. just get em all discoed and invis for awhile (spell if ya got it, potion if ya dont) Im trying to use SA only critters to get to 120 so ill post more of as i progress (61 now)

Oh yes this was with 120 music too.

*update* found a nice spot at gray goblins at underworld, nice to teleport to this spot and keep healed while discoing gobbys and spiders. the gobbys are optimal at 60ish and the wolf spiders are optimal at around 62ish
gobbydisco.JPG

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
you should try the bard masteries instead of straight training to see how the gains are that way

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ya its 90 for all three.

from what i hear you can work them all alone.
for the diso ones you can cast on yourself and the others dont require a target anyways.

would be interesting to get some times for working them up by using masteries.

D

Dingas

Day 2
59.4-65.5 10 polar bears for 4 hours
65.5-82.6 10 Gaman for 8 hours
Poo
My Results varied quite a bit from yours - the Polar bears gained at the same rate, but I started with Gaman's at 66 Disco, with Music pointed up at 95 (ended at 99.6) , and after 11 hours of discoing I was only at 73.9, Im doing it at a rate of 342 discos per hour, npc instruments.

I switched to kirins and have already had .8 gains in the first 50 attempts, i will edit this with how my gains are up to 120 over the next week.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
just thought id put in a update (feb 2011)

since they moved the Oceania server to norther america for 2 weeks while they flesh out a server down in Australia i decided that id take advantage of no lag and try to make a couple guys there.

so i got my disco tamer up and going.
and am working on my pure bard now.

so here is what i did.

worked music skill up to 100 and locked it.
purchased disco up to 30(ish) from Bard Guildmaster in brit.

went and tamed 10 polar bears.
used them up to 63

went and tamed 10 gamans.
used them up to 83

went and tamed 10 lowland bouras.
used them to get to 90.1 skill

then i switched over to the disco mastery.
wanted to try that way of training.
but i would usually go to Cu's around 90/95

so the pets listed still work.
and pretty darn fast too.
i got up to 90 in one day.
but that was solid non stop training.
so if your eating only a couple hours a day it would of course take you a week or so.

just thought id update this post.

carry on.

Poo

virtualhabitat

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm... If you herd them and make them follow a character, they don't run away, aren't trapped and you're using a skill available in game. :p

You can also GM herding in about ... 90 minutes. lol:thumbup1:
I used this herding method and it works great. I had 22 gammons one night and the gains were extremely rapid. Herding is the ticket for discord. You can start herding polar/grizzly bears at around 45 or 50 herding.

I also read somewhere (i would provide a link but searching for anything here is a chore) provoking plague beasts was good for provoke as they can't damage each other. I tried it while I was on a boat and they were both on land attacking each other and it works perfectly. I forgot to note at what point I started and ended the training, but I think it got me from around 50 to 75. Not certain on those numbers, but it's in the neighborhood. After that I provoked ethereal warriors at that castle place. They weren't trapped, but one was on the upper level and another was on the lower level. they couldn't hit each other, but they could cast spells. not enough to kill each other though. I stopped at 100, but I have been told they will provoke to 120. I discorded them from about 85 to 100 as well.

R

Rodan/Linu

I made a macro on a loop, it casts tribulation on yourself every 20 seconds. I started this as soon as I reach 90 disco. I have gained .6 so far, I think it has been half an hour.

I'll post later on today's training.

R

Rodan/Linu

As soon as I posted my last reply, I set the loop to 2 seconds and have got 25 gains in the last hour.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i just did the same.
got to 90 then switched to the bard mastery.

did peace.
worked ok.
the slog from GM to 120 is still about the same as doing it the old way, but at least this way i dont have to run around and tame stuff.

doing the provo one now, hit 90 last night then switched to the mastery.
up to 109 so far.

again, its a slow slog from GM up.
i estimate the gain rate to be the same as it is with doing it on animals, just save myself getting pets to do it.
but of course had to pimp out my suit with LMC and MR and stone off eval for med and focus so i could keep up with the mana costs of chaining the masteries.

as soon as im done with the provo one then ill do the disco one for one last time.

so in short, gains are about the same, just saved on getting pets to train on.

Aragoni

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In my liberal world thats (pets in house, on boat ect.) it is clever using of game mechanismen and not illegal :)
Illegal is only afk white 3third tools but i m liberal hardliner ..........

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
a link to the 2010-2011 Discordance with Masteries experiment.

just in case it falls off the main page you will be able to find it here.

thought it would be a nice companion for this thread.

make it whole and encompassing.

Disco Experiment

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
found a old disco archer that was only at GM disco, so decided to bump him up to 120 real so i could use masteries with him more effectively.

here are the total numbers for going from GM to 120 disco.

suit was 40+ LMC
suit had 35 MR
had 120 focus and 110 med on him.
3/6 FC/FCR

NPC instruments used = 63 (had 37 left in pack with various degree of usage)

total time = 42 Hours

gains per day.
day 1 6.5 hours for 7.7 gains
day 2 3.5 hours for 2.3 gains
day 3 15.0 hours for 5.6 gains
day 4 17.0 hours for 4.4 gains

thought id throw some numbers up for people who like to have numbers to look at.

Poo

Night

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great info thanks.

*edit* Only gaining casting Despair

Casting Tribulation doesn't work for some reason (found this info in another post - from the very helpful Poo ofc)

polanco

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just thought id put in a update (feb 2011)

since they moved the Oceania server to norther america for 2 weeks while they flesh out a server down in Australia i decided that id take advantage of no lag and try to make a couple guys there.

so i got my disco tamer up and going.
and am working on my pure bard now.

so here is what i did.

worked music skill up to 100 and locked it.
purchased disco up to 30(ish) from Bard Guildmaster in brit.

went and tamed 10 polar bears.
used them up to 63

went and tamed 10 gamans.
used them up to 83

went and tamed 10 lowland bouras.
used them to get to 90.1 skill

then i switched over to the disco mastery.
wanted to try that way of training.
but i would usually go to Cu's around 90/95

so the pets listed still work.
and pretty darn fast too.
i got up to 90 in one day.
but that was solid non stop training.
so if your eating only a couple hours a day it would of course take you a week or so.

just thought id update this post.

carry on.

Poo

This guide still work?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I was using scorpions and then stopped at 74 after reading this thread. I tamed 8 gamans and am using them but have not had a single gain in 15 minutes. Disco arrow is pointing up and my real skill points are only at 620.7 so am I having a real bad string of luck with gains or should I be using something other than gamans. I read a few posts up that you used them to 83.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
your music is set at 100 and your using store NPC purchased music instruments?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Sorry about that, thought I had included all needed info. Yes music is locked at 100 and I am using instruments bought from an NPC in brit.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I switched to giant beetles and the gains picked up and are decent again.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
pick up some lowland bouras, they are around 90, those should get ya up to and over 90 easy from where ya are too.
and they are easy to tame.

Montie1123

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So let me see if i have this right. Im on Sp so after skill hits 70 I go on the RoT skill gain system. To get to 70 though, with this list. I take my lil tamer 73 real skill ring/watch can up it to 99 as it only has +13 on each. Am i just releasing these things in a room or what as you only have 5 pet slots.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
thats the sticky problem.
legally in game you cant do that.
you cant release them in a room in your house, or on a boat or anything like that.
but you can release them in the wild area somewhere.

but i know a lot of people do break the rules when it comes to this, but if someone sees ya and calls a GM its a peepee slap for ya.

and as for doing it on siege, good luck.
ROT sucks for a skills like this.

id almost say just do it with game play because of the ROT.

Montie1123

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I dont mind RoT just means it will take time instead of tons of macroing, at that point i can get gains as i hunt to get Honor up and what not. Just need to get to 70 first lol.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
you should be able to hit 70 in well under a day.
i can buy up skill to 30 and hit 90 in a day, so you should be able to power from 0 to 70 in no time.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
*UPDATE*

Aug 12 2012.
spent the last couple days making a new disco tamer on a new shard (all done with North American Shards so this is a Asian Shard, yaaa for lag!).
loaded up with 100 NPC music instruments, locked my music at 100.

0-30 from a NPC Music Guildmaster.
30-55 polar bears
55-70 Gaman's
70-91 Lowland Boura's
91-113.5 Bard Mastery (day 2 of training of training, 23 hours, also let my music rise and hit 120 during the end of the day of training)
113.5-120 Bard Mastery (day 3 of training, 12 hours)

i stoned off my taming and vet and lore when i hit 91 and started in with the bard masteries;
a) so i could let my med and focus rise up to GM each and
b) so i would be well under the 720 (in the 500's) mark in skills so would gain faster.
c) the suit im wearing for training masteries is a 40 LMC suit with +12 MR and medable.
d) the loop i made in my uoassist for training masteries;

target item type (music instrument)
pause 1000 (1 second)
use skill/ cast spell (bard mastery)
target (self)
pause 1000 (1 second)
use skill/ cast spell (bard mastery)
pause 1000 (1 second)

that turns the mastery on, then turns it off again.
and refreshed a new instrument every time.
works like a charm!

Last edited:

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Forgive mee if this is well-known fact.
You can upgrade your pets BARDING DIFFICULTY when gain is slow downs.
I belive you can get up to 10 or more - i just seen +7 on Ki-Reen and asked my friend to stop the upgrade proces.

So, how it was done:
My friend, Tamer , started a fight between 2 tamed pets and they BD, checked by him, was fired up in a 2-5 mins.
Then he released that upgraded pets.
If you got good provo - you can start fight with no-tamed animals too, but cant see they BD progress.

Last edited:

CCLemon

Visitor
Thank god for this post explaining what barding difficulty is on a monster/pet. I was not gaining any skill points for days and it was due to the barding difficulty being too low on my targets.

Ashrapa

Visitor
Hey guys, I kinda fell into this by accident but from about 90 skill I was using a crystal ball to see what I could discord and while out, accidentally discorded myself, to which I got am optimal message from the crystal ball. So I went home to see how far I could push it and it went all the way to 120 with my music locked at 100.