• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

POO STORM I NEED YOU! TEMPLATE/SUITADVICE!

P

Proteq

ok found this build and im TOTALLY intrigued by it and i want to know what you guys think.

Discordance 120
Provocation 120
Musicianship 120
Meditation 100
Focus 43
Chivalry 120
Spellweaving 120

now from my point of view your focusing on Disco / Prov anything around / SW for summons and word of death as your damage output / Chiv to heal buff spell dmg dispell and cure and focus and med for obv reasons...

THIS build blows me away i mean in theory you dont need lrc at all.. right?? so what in the world would your suit look like...idk this build looks awsome too me. theres actually a guy who plays on uodreams who has a bunch of videos where he rolls this. and he has no problem soloing alot of stuff as well as looking very useful in a group.

what if i slapped on the Virtuosos what would i look for to imbue the thing up to godly ownage mode... what do you guys think? is this trash or is this the ****? lol

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
43 in focus?

im assuming just to use up the exta points and give yourself some stamina regen at the same time.

i think id go with the 120 med instead.
youll have chiv so you can drop devine fury if ya need to get stamina back fast.

ya ive been seeing a lot of guys running 120 chiv of late.
you WILL need LRC on that build for the chiv spells, or your gonna be topping up your TITHING all the time.

granted, its cheap spells to run.
but so is magery and we all use LRC for that.
guess we also use LRC so we dont have to carry the regs either for weight issues.

but ya, you wouldnt NEED LRC thats for sure, but you would need to top up your tithing all the time.

i would say since you arnt wasting at least 5 spots on your suit for LRC you could put your med up to 120 and leave focus at like 0 or 20 then just put SR 2 a couple times on your suit.
i cant remember the sweet number, but its either 4 or 6 and you never run out of stamina as you run full out. im thinking 4, but 6 is what i usualy run on my melee suits for pvp.

ya its definatly the flavor of the month from what i can see.
i think i would be lost without magic for the versatility of it all, but hell, i still run warriors with healing and anat, and THAT just came back around into favor again from being out of favor for YEARS!

UO is like bellbottom pants.
sooner or later everything comes full circle and is cool again!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
hmmmm

if you wanna go pimped out, do this as a garg.

why you ask?

well, garg suits allready have hella high resists, chances are when you make the suit you probably wont have to imbue any of the resists, or if ya do probably only a couple.

so you can pretty much use all 5 slots on each piece of armor and the baubles for buffs.

so you can easily put MR/LMC/SR/HPI ect ect ect ect and still have the 70 suit.

just a quick thought id put out there for ya.

P

Proteq

thanks dude i cant even tell you how much you have helped me find my bard ways lol. the group i run with this build would be VERY useful. but since i am a tram noob (started playing in like 2000 and doom artys are eveything to me lol) so i have to ask would this build be a good place to run the bard set and YOU POO YOU if you ran this and let me give you all the reforged mats forged atry tool like im a gm and i gave you the ability to make the ultimate suite with this build....WHAT would poo do. every piece like rings necklaces bracelets what ever like everything what would the mad scientist poo come up with.

and i hope im not too annoying lol i just really like theory-crafting

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ya know i have a couple of those Bard Turn in sets but i have yet to use them.

i think mostly because i already have nice suits on my bards.

i sat down one cold winters night and i looked at how many bards i have (usualy one pure one on each shard) and i then mapped out a nice, not HUGELY expensive suit i could build them and make it on every shard with no problems.

so i went out and got a rune beetle carapace and a pendant of the magi and a hat of the rajin (kasa) and then i imbued up all the other stuff to give me a 70 suit with max LRC/LMC and as much MR as i could get onto it.

and i have to be honest in that i havnt gone back to change their suits since then. it just isnt cost effective for me to go remake all their suits to add in the bard sets or add on a MR or something.

the suits do what they need to do and do it well.

the wheel aint broke, i aint gonna fix it!
hahaha

but for what your asking.... ya know there is another post on the main bard page here by Startle i think, she has how she imbued her bard turn in suit.

id look at that first off.

but like i said, id go with the garg on this one.

i just got home from work, let me get some supper in me and chase the wife around a bit then if im still feeling frisky ill sit down and have a look at building a nice suit.

i suppose i have to build mine eventually as well, so i can paper mock it up and then post it here for ya as well.

you gonna go garg or human?

im already human so im sticking with human.

P

Proteq

i really like this build and i think your suggestion on garg is spot on. so yea ima try it out. lol take your time with the wifey but like right now my bard whos just pure 4x mage med i have 25 mr or something.. im very excited to see what you come up with sir... thanks bra

P

Proteq

alright well after doing some research the 1 min isnt worth sacrificing so many mods. i agreed with a post you wrote where the suit should have a cd. then itd be worth it.

so with that template and reforge and imbuing what can you come up with? anything different from your reg set up? reforging is dope now comeon 4 mr on each peice :) thats like sex. and im thinking i would run high sdi as well right? idk your the man

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i know we are speaking the same language, but you totally lost me there, hahahahha

i have a head cold, so i feel thick right now.

nyquil and rum..... gotta love RL science!

so what is CD?

after doing some research the 1 min isnt worth sacrificing so many mods
what is 1 min?

i must be honest, i havnt done any refodgeing yet.
i was gonna sit down and read up on it, then go to test and play with it.
THEN go and see what i could use on my toons.

but here again is where im stuck.
i allready hit shame when they actually paid out good and i looked hard for MR weapons that i could use.
so i already pack either a 9MR SC weapon and shield or a 9MR staff.
that coupled with what i already have on my suit gets me to the diminishing returns cap of 30.
(my mage is already at like MR 46)

so again, im stuck.
my suits already cost me mills to make and to remake them would be the same and i woundnt really gain anything. so for me, so far from what i can see, its not worth my bang to redo any suits yet.

now, that said, it is winter and i do live in canada..... so i typicaly get bored and make new suits anyways, hahahaha

P

Proteq

i was referring to the 1 min of a bonus success chance on the bard set. so i was saying the bard set vs a regular run of the mill leather set.....the run of the mill leather set would be better for imbuing and reforging. REFORGING is insane if you have a like a bunch of runic tools to play with go play with it lol its good times

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Ok first off when i saw "Poo Storm" The thought that was in my head was NOT you looking for help from Poo or Storm lol

I pretty much agree with what poo has said but will add just a couple of things most dont think about

You can always carry a extra set of jewels they weigh 1 each and put things like magery,mysticism focus whatever you like or need on them

why you ask? extra things you can do for example healing stone, protection and carry a mage book with 15 magery giving you 45 magery this will allow you to cast protection,reactive armor,teleport,night sight ,etc and if you combine this with scrolls even more!

All of my none mage characters carry rings.bracelets and books along with atleast one item like boots that are arcane this is a total of 4 weight and other than that costs you nothing

even putting lrc on this spare items

nothing like being somewhere and needing to teleport to a place and you cant ! for 1 example

Other than that poo covered it all

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i was referring to the 1 min of a bonus success chance on the bard set. so i was saying the bard set vs a regular run of the mill leather set.....the run of the mill leather set would be better for imbuing and reforging. REFORGING is insane if you have a like a bunch of runic tools to play with go play with it lol its good times
ya, for me spending the all the time to change my suit over to that turn in suit just for something that ill never use... and really.... 5%.... all that work and cost aint worth 5%

that said, ill probably make up a suit, hahahahha, just cause i can and i tend to get bored.

and yes, this refodging is strange business, but looks interesting.

P

Proteq

alright ive been playing with the calculator..THERE IS NO REASON TO HAVE LRC...none what so ever. long as i have a bank roll.. why do u say that i need it? thanks for the tip storm i never thought of that b4. you 2 are so helpful

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
You dont need lrc!! I was just suggesting if you decided to carry the extra Items i suggested (not the ones you use all the time these are spares you only have on when you want to cast things like teleport) you could put lrc on them 40% so that you dont have to carry regs or anything (of course casting could take you a couple of tries) unless you carry a arcane item in that case it still would double how many times you can cast spells!

only a suggestion but as you say LRC in not necessarily

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Food for thought...

Get yourself an ogre lord\arctic ogre lord with SW

Gate it using + skill items and gate scroll combo (will need some base magery skill though)

You now have a decent tanking\DPS pet to boot

pretty sick template

L

Lady Tala

Food for thought...

Get yourself an ogre lord\arctic ogre lord with SW

Gate it using + skill items and gate scroll combo (will need some base magery skill though)

You now have a decent tanking\DPS pet to boot

pretty sick template
you can tame ogre lords? am I missing something here?

T

Tazar

you can tame ogre lords? am I missing something here?
Not exactly taming... but the Spellweaving Dryad Allure spell is virtually the same thing and works on virtually any non-human humanoid type monster (basically the Repond types).

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
there are so many spells that i cant even keep track of what they all do.

but i had NO idea about that one, haha!

Z

Zero Day

I spent a bit of time re-forging this weekend.

Here's my new Bard suit
All 70's except for cold which is 67. ( I think fire is close to 80)
LRC 101
LMC 40
Defense Chance Increase 40
Faster Casting 3
Faster Cast Recovery 6
Mana Regen 6
Stamina Regen 2
HP Regen 8

Key Items
Orny
Arcane Shield (For the Extra FC and DCI)

The rest is crafted, I reforged my hat and arms.
My hat is just there for resists and has 108 resists

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh yeah if you can keep up with the healing, get an Orc Brute and have it tank heheh. It throws more orcs out to help. Good temp targets to provo ect.