• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ponds (and Rubble).

B

Bordoms

Curiousity: How many of you are using the Magincia Plant-Life rubble for Ponds? I've done a couple now and can't think of anything else creative. This is what I have so far...any other ideas?

This belongs to a friend of mine who refused to move out of her "Log Cabin" - She's moved now (ha ha)!

Another Friend's:

Husband's former House:

B

Bordoms

Curiousity: How many of you are using the Magincia Plant-Life rubble for Ponds? I've done a couple now and can't think of anything else creative. This is what I have so far...any other ideas?

This belongs to a friend of mine who refused to move out of her "Log Cabin" - She's moved now (ha ha)!

Another Friend's:

Husband's former House:

G

<blockquote><hr>

Curiousity: How many of you are using the Magincia Plant-Life rubble for Ponds? I've done a couple now and can't think of anything else creative.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the rubble ponds are great because it allows you to make a more "natural" looking curved bank design...unlike what we can usually come up with using stacked plants and granite and such around our rectangle o' water tiles. As for being creative...well at the end of the day, a pond is a pond, with water, plants, and rocks around it. I am not so sure that someone can make a "pond" that is super creative and not be...a pond. It is just going to be variations of the theme using mostly the same bits, as there isn't a whole lot of terrain variation in the game. The surroundings incorporating the ponds which people come up with are going to be the fun part to see. I like the raised dock theme in yours, personally.

As a side note: are a couple of the pillars slightly out of line in the first pic or is it just my eyes?

*looks closely*

Oh...don't jump, stuffy bear!! It's not that big a deal!

-Skylark

G

<blockquote><hr>

Curiousity: How many of you are using the Magincia Plant-Life rubble for Ponds? I've done a couple now and can't think of anything else creative.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the rubble ponds are great because it allows you to make a more "natural" looking curved bank design...unlike what we can usually come up with using stacked plants and granite and such around our rectangle o' water tiles. As for being creative...well at the end of the day, a pond is a pond, with water, plants, and rocks around it. I am not so sure that someone can make a "pond" that is super creative and not be...a pond. It is just going to be variations of the theme using mostly the same bits, as there isn't a whole lot of terrain variation in the game. The surroundings incorporating the ponds which people come up with are going to be the fun part to see. I like the raised dock theme in yours, personally.

As a side note: are a couple of the pillars slightly out of line in the first pic or is it just my eyes?

*looks closely*

Oh...don't jump, stuffy bear!! It's not that big a deal!

-Skylark

B

Bordoms

Bad photo cropping - Bad! Sorry about that. I never even noticed.

Yes, I know - a pond is a pond (and unless you can get onto the steps, it's just a bunch of blue square tiles - blah). It's like you said, "the variations" around the pond. I guess that's what I really meant to say.

B

Bordoms

Bad photo cropping - Bad! Sorry about that. I never even noticed.

Yes, I know - a pond is a pond (and unless you can get onto the steps, it's just a bunch of blue square tiles - blah). It's like you said, "the variations" around the pond. I guess that's what I really meant to say.

B

Beaker

I am the proud owner of that lodge and I am happy to report that Stuffy Bear indeed got the help he needed and now in fact, he keeps guard over the pond and his new found friend, Purple Stuffy Horse.
He has infact has been given a back up, with 2 guards and a cannon. Which will ensure their safety for many years to come.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I am the proud owner of that lodge and I am happy to report that Stuffy Bear indeed got the help he needed and now in fact, he keeps guard over the pond and his new found friend, Purple Stuffy Horse.
He has infact has been given a back up, with 2 guards and a cannon. Which will ensure their safety for many years to come.

[/ QUOTE ]

*cheers*

Stuffy bear saved by an intervention!

-Skylark

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't made any ponds in quite a while, but here's some of mine pre-rubble?

http://i32.***********/r856bq.jpg

http://i25.***********/27y5ute.jpg
Lava pond? lol.

http://i28.***********/e7ng5j.jpg

http://i28.***********/102o2o4.jpg

http://i26.***********/2jb8ot2.jpg
This ones a stream, not a pond.. Still same categoryish? lol.

Been a while since I've made anything, most of these are from 2006 and Summer 2007 says my file folders. Hope it helps?

I

imported_Risso

WOW those last 3 are really useful for me!
And I love your house designs ^^

L

Luna Rossa

That stream is incredible! I so wish we were able to do something like that in the courtyard of our keeps or castles.

Thanks for the great pics!

B

Bordoms

The stream is my favorite too but I really like the little poofs coming out the chimney - unique!

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aren't they're smaller walls that are ruined in the customization window? Maybe one of those would fit between the pillars?

B

Bordoms

Yes, and they do, but I'm shooting for keeping the water looking as though it runs under the bridge.

Edit to add:

The big problem with the bridge (that I had anyway): If you use the floor water tiles, you can use the wooden railings, but you cannot place a gaza on top of them. If you use the special water tiles, you can place gazas on those, but not a wall or the wooden railing.

But..I think I may have figured it out in my ramblings....I'll post if I did.

*Grabs axe and runs off*

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So it'd be too close to the water to give it the "running under" effect.. Other than rubble short walls raised I'm stumped. Never did bridges with gozas.

EDIT: When I put stuff in my pond, I use regular tiles, raise the items up all the way, then go into custom mode and water tile it, when done I raise them down.

Good luck, I'll be waitin lol.

B

Bordoms

The rubble Short walls would actually be very easy to work with - I'm just not a Trinsic/Moonglow wall fanatic at the moment - years ago I was hooked on those.

Edit: Thank you. lol!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<font color="purple"> pretty sure it was Sarsmi that posted pics one time of cut-up staircases with water flowing under.. course, my memory isn't the most reliable </font>

<font color="purple"> might be a bit larger than what you're doing there, not sure </font>

G

You could place a regular tile where the water is to go then lock down a table, raise it up a couple times, and put the water tile back in. Then put a couple damaged book piles on the table and place the goza mat on those. There's probably an easier way to do it as well. =)

B

Bordoms

Well the idea of using stone tables (axed of course), worked great and looked fabulous - blended nicely. Unfortunately - you can't walk on them. Ha ha!

Currently, I have this and will go from here to see what I come up....

And...thank you Sarsmi, I read something about the tables and damaged books but didn't quite grasp the concept. It ended up being the solution to being able to use the railing instead of having a gap on the east side.

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the railings, especially the pieces that go to the ground and so on. Looks good though!