• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] POLL: Which of the following choices would you support as a method for receiving reward at an event?

Which of the following choices would you support as a method for receiving a reward at an event?

• Total voters

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Please vote for all options you support. The options that receive the highest number of votes should be the ones @Mesanna and the rest of the team at Broadsword should consider.

After reading the threads regarding the subject of creating a fair and balance system for rewarding players who participate at events with event items, I thought all ideas should be voted on and considered. I apologize for the amount of choices, but I wanted all possibilities to be voted on. Hopefully I didn't forget any.

Also please vote in Lineman's Poll http://stratics.com/community/threads/poll-does-the-current-em-drop-system-need-revamping.311923

TRENDING TOP FIVE
1 - Any 20 players who do some damage to the boss get a RANDOM chance to receive a drop in their pack.
2 - Stealing events should require at least GM stealing if not more.
3 - Top 10 players who damage the final boss the most get a reward dropped in their pack.
4 - Top 20 players who damage the final boss the most get a reward dropped in their pack.
5 - A vending machine players click for an item at the end of event loaded with a set amount of EM items

TRENDING BOTTOM FIVE
1 - Stealing events should not require stealing skill just the action of stealing.
2 - Any player who does an unknown arbitrary amount of damage to a GUARDIAN gets one reward DIP

3 - A player who does the most damage to 1 of 10 or 1 of 20 GUARDIANS gets one reward dropped in their pack. (DIP)
4 - Event items should be found as loot on corpse and not dropped in your backpack.
5 -
The most damage done to guardians and the final should be accumulative tally towards receiving a DIP

A PERSONAL APOLOGY TO ALL THROWERS, ARCHERS & TAMERS

I cannot delete or edit this poll now. Stratics will not allow it, and will not allow more than 20 poll options. If I could I swear to GOD I would put Flutters option up AND add the following, so please post your vote for the following personally in this thread. Thank you!

- Spellweaver's word of death should be counted less towards receiving rewards

I had to do some abbreviations and shorthand due to lack of space allowed for answers.

DIP = A reward dropped in their pack
Damage = Not only melee damage and spell damage, but also HEALING, CURE, and BUFFS

*this post maybe edited for perfection*

Last edited:

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Voting "A vending machine players click for an item at the end of event loaded with a set amount of EM items", though I'd rather word it differently: "A vending machine players click for an item at the end of event loaded with an unset amount of EM items but available for a very short amount of time (2-3 minutes) in a location which is no-recall/no-gate/no-log and only available via EM gate at the time the clicky goes live".

Ziggers

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Voting "A vending machine players click for an item at the end of event loaded with a set amount of EM items", though I'd rather word it differently: "A vending machine players click for an item at the end of event loaded with an unset amount of EM items but available for a very short amount of time (2-3 minutes) in a location which is no-recall/no-gate/no-log and only available via EM gate at the time the clicky goes live".
Maybe like the cat and dog clicky. Using the cat and dog clicky as an example.....Have 10 cats and 40 dogs. Everyone who participated gets a memento, and rare collectors can still buy or sell the more rare item.

Sadie-

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thrower and archer damage should be counted less towards receiving rewards. Really Nails? dont forget to throw in speallweavers there mister.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I would choose one of the "Arbitrary" ones but I don't think it should be arbitrary. I think you should have to do a certain % of damage and then you get a chance. Like if you do enough damage to loot, then you should also be on the chance list for a reward, the number of rewards given determined by the event and the event moderator. Is that a choice?

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would choose one of the "Arbitrary" ones but I don't think it should be arbitrary. I think you should have to do a certain % of damage and then you get a chance. Like if you do enough damage to loot, then you should also be on the chance list for a reward, the number of rewards given determined by the event and the event moderator. Is that a choice?
Agreed

4runnersport

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with Sadie. Nails pulls quiet often on his weaver is prolly y he left it out and threw archer and throwers on there. And no one is gonna be happy no matter what is what we was saying on the last poll

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Starting To Look Like I Need To Add 100 Choices And Not 20. I Guess No Poll No Post Can Make Anyone Not A Single Player happy
That is why I tried to keep it simple with a yes or no at this point. I kinda wish you let my poll ride a little longer before you thru this one on top of it. But it is what it is. I think we proved a point with my poll. The system needs to be revamped. Maybe your poll will help with what to do if they revamp it.

Nails Warstein

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Everyone I cannot delete or edit this poll now. Stratics will not allow it, and will not allow more than 20 poll options. If I could I swear to GOD I would put Flutters option AND add the following, so please post your vote for the following personally in this thread

- Spellweaver's word of Death should be counted less towards receiving rewards

Nails Warstein

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I am reposting and editing my thoughts from an earlier post regarding this subject. I am for an ALL OF THE ABOVE strategy
http://stratics.com/community/threads/em-drops.311738/#post-2357544

Under the old system, I know of several players who will readily admit they were among the elite few who were fortunate enough to loot multiple event items with some regularity maybe 80% of the time. This was somewhat discouraging to others back when the EMs sometimes only supplied an odd number of items, approximately 1 - 10 on a corpse that could decay or be lost among the fray in battle, even unique items. Players could even employ looting scripts for an unfair advantage.

Under the new system for a short while it was really anyone's luck to get these items. Yet quickly players learned through trial an error what was the best way for them to succeed. I agree completely that there is yet again an elite few who are fortunate enough to receive 1 - 2 event items with great regularity. It can almost be guaranteed that the same 5 throwers out of 10 will get these items 90% of the time. However at least 5 are up for grabs unless the EMs give out 15, 20, or more. This is where I step in with a success rate of about 60% with my spellweaver. I rarely miss an event.

Now what can be done about this? I think many have had some insightful proposals from back to looting corpses, to making the drops random, to increasing the number of rewards, to using the vending machines in some creative ways, and/or leaving the system unchanged. I say why not employ them all? Is it really that difficult? My proposal is as follows:

If it were possible to make each event a different way in which to get an item I would advocate for that. But if they could make it possible to do any which way per event, for example
make up to 5 - 40% items stealable
make up to 5 - 40% items lootable
make up to 5 - 40% items random damager drop on the main boss
make up to 5 - 40% items high damager drop on the main boss
make up to 5 - 40% items drop 1 at a time off of 4 lesser bosses (guardians) could be random damager or high damager gets the drop.

I realize this requires a lot of setup and preparation for the EM program to manage, but it also allows for fair distribution. The problem is in the minds of most of those who run the event program, the primary purpose of an event is entertainment, not reward. Time spent executing fair distribution among all the participates will potentially cause the storyline content quality to suffer. Perhaps under broadsword Mesanna and the developers will try to resolve this issue.

In the end you can't make everyone happy. Attendance has stayed relatively the same proportionately based on shard population and popularity of the event moderators since the new system was created. Cross sharding event professionals have existed since 2004. They will always seek out every advantage possible, and I doubt there is any feasible solution to counter-act their presence. However why would you want to? They make up 50% or more of all those who attend. After all, an event moderator needs an audience to maintain job security.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i didnt vote sorry nails :( i dont like any of the options lol.

I would prefer:
"Your percentage of Damage Done to a boss coincides with your percentage chance for a Drop in pack"
1 drop limit per character per event

You would need to be good at math to work out an actual formula tho.

Like if there were 50 people at an event, and 10 of those people did 1/2 the damage to the boss, those ten would have a 50% drop rate, the other 40 would split the other 50% of the drops, also according to how much damage each did. Looting rights would be the required threshold of damage done to be eligible for a drop.

Last edited:

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why can't EM event items just plain and simply be, IF you did enough damage for looting rights, then you have a chance for an item if there is one (this has nothing to do with events involving stealing). Why should ANY player be penalized because they can't make the best suit, can't attend a certain amount of events, do a certain amount of damage.... get over the damn greed(y) folks, because that's what most of you have become or sound like. Hence the 800mil - 1.2bil price tag on a gosh darn plant graphic!

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why can't EM event items just plain and simply be, IF you did enough damage for looting rights, then you have a chance for an item if there is one (this has nothing to do with events involving stealing). Why should ANY player be penalized because they can't make the best suit, can't attend a certain amount of events, do a certain amount of damage.... get over the damn greed(y) folks, because that's what most of you have become or sound like. Hence the 800mil - 1.2bil price tag on a gosh darn plant graphic!
Because rewarding someone just as much for putting in minimal effort as someone who puts in maximum effort brings stagnation and apathy to the game.
I dont see why we cant have both. Everyone gets a chance, the people who are "best" at events get the best chance, while the people who simply want to experience the event but dont care to make updated armor and templates still have some chance.

If a tamer who bought a mythic token and put on some jewels has just amount chance as someone who actually trained skills, thought out a solid template and invested in decent updated armor that will just be sad. :(

If events are NOT meant for players to be good at combat, just eliminate the event bosses. Do a storyline. give out rewards randomly. no combat needed.

Varrius

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They shouldn't give rewards for having stealing. At least with the top 10 damagers it's possible to get drops on templates other than throwing. With stealing events, you have to have a certain skill or it's impossible to get a drop. I guess my vote is for the act of stealing.

Adeka

Sage
Stratics Veteran
As someone who has attended 3, yes, 3 events in the last 2 years, I have very little to go off. I don't do the maths, I don't care to. But I do have a thought or two on this subject, and I am more than sure you all will not agree with.
Now I realize that being the bestest and most damage dealing person at an event feels real good, right? So how does that make those out there dealing little damage, even those attending for years and not making the grade feel? Probably like those kicking all the butts and taking all the names would feel if they didn't get any goodies. Could something be designed that made it a 100% random drop with no criteria needed other than being present from start to finish and not afk? As a crafter at heart and not one who desires to make a maxed out, top tier, OPWTFLOLZROFL character, I would go to all of the events I could and be so much happiers knowing that I don't need to kill everything to still hold a chance to get a desired drop. Just because you put the time in making that bad ass character doesn't mean I didn't take as much time making my treasure hunter, or 120ing my tailoring. Right?! I don't have a 3.7 GD and the perfect suit to fit my template, but that shouldn't be part of the way the reward system favors those receiving these drops. What about those who spend the entire event role playing and providing banter with the EM? They put the time in too! I knwo that most of the stories weaved so well by the EM's involve fighting the monsters, but maybe it shouldn't. But maybe that is a point to make to the EM's directly in another thread or forum.
I guess that I am just naive and inexperienced in these matters. But things could be made a little more friendly for those who want to attend and participate. I say these things in a friendly manner! :D

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As someone who has attended 3, yes, 3 events in the last 2 years, I have very little to go off. I don't do the maths, I don't care to. But I do have a thought or two on this subject, and I am more than sure you all will not agree with.
Now I realize that being the bestest and most damage dealing person at an event feels real good, right? So how does that make those out there dealing little damage, even those attending for years and not making the grade feel? Probably like those kicking all the butts and taking all the names would feel if they didn't get any goodies. Could something be designed that made it a 100% random drop with no criteria needed other than being present from start to finish and not afk? As a crafter at heart and not one who desires to make a maxed out, top tier, OPWTFLOLZROFL character, I would go to all of the events I could and be so much happiers knowing that I don't need to kill everything to still hold a chance to get a desired drop. Just because you put the time in making that bad ass character doesn't mean I didn't take as much time making my treasure hunter, or 120ing my tailoring. Right?! I don't have a 3.7 GD and the perfect suit to fit my template, but that shouldn't be part of the way the reward system favors those receiving these drops. What about those who spend the entire event role playing and providing banter with the EM? They put the time in too! I knwo that most of the stories weaved so well by the EM's involve fighting the monsters, but maybe it shouldn't. But maybe that is a point to make to the EM's directly in another thread or forum.
I guess that I am just naive and inexperienced in these matters. But things could be made a little more friendly for those who want to attend and participate. I say these things in a friendly manner! :D
Your right Adeka. the current system is combat focused. and it doesnt have to be. i wouldnt be opposed to even one third of all event have Zero combat, so that anyone could take part even on crafters or rp characters, and still have a reward of some sort. (Solus would still get like half the rewards somehow tho lol)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
The only problem is that there'd be SO many people there on random characters on random accounts you wouldn't be able to move. At least the few people there using multiple accounts now have to actually DO something in order to get a reward. Heck if all you have to do is show up, I've got 6 accounts and a seventh that hasn't been open in months, but could be... There has to be SOME sort of restriction. And while I agree it should definitely be more random, the attendees should have to at least PARTICIPATE in order to get a drop, not just show up on their 12 accounts. Heck it would probably crash the shard. I don't suppose there will be a solution that will please everyone, but you're absolutely right. You shouldn't HAVE to invest in suits/weapons or skills that you have no interest in playing in order to get a fair shake. Show up, actively participate and actually TRY... then yes that persons name should be in the roll.

Nails Warstein

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Regarding zero combat events, once upon a time there were events that could reward players for crafting and even fishing. Unfortunately powers that could enable Event Moderators to do this, sadly can't be monitored effectively without risking exploitation of these said powers. It seems the only time we can really get a different experience is if Mesanna herself hosts the event with her world tour events like the roulette ones. I really wish there were another way.

Sadie-

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

You want items for doing nothing at all? Well I have an easy solution all of you guys quit crying and just tell me to quit being busy with irl and do more events on baja and give away free event items. omg did she say FREE event items???? oh why yes I did.

:whip:

4runnersport

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it goes to random I will throw 12 cheap easy chars together (maybe more) and do the very least I can and still get by with then hide the rest of the event as opposed to what I do now which is kill everything in sight bc I enjoy killing monsters and being rewarded. I know of ALOT of others that will do the very same thing and put no effort into the event other than what they need to to get by with as many accounts as they have. The odds will favor the ppl who can afford to hold the most accounts open. It doesn't promise them the drop but greatly increases there chance over the average player that's gonna be trying the entire event with 1 account. There will be several events im sure some of those multi accounts that r doin lil to nothing will pull 3-5 drops at 1 event. Just saying whats gonna happen that's all. Go from ppl tanking everything in sight to only doin a lil dmg then hiding. Sounds like a great fix if you ask me. Less participation more multi accounts doin nothing. I agree some run 2-3 now but just imagine how many those guys will run if it goes random and they don't have to worry about there setups and dmg output? Also if ppl wanna complain about throwers saying they don't wanna play them then y do stealing events if some ppl don't wanna play them? a lil hypocritical

Last edited:

Lt.Snuggles

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it goes to random I will throw 12 cheap easy chars together (maybe more) and do the very least I can and still get by with then hide the rest of the event as opposed to what I do now which is kill everything in sight bc I enjoy killing monsters and being rewarded. I know of ALOT of others that will do the very same thing and put no effort into the event other than what they need to to get by with as many accounts as they have. The odds will favor the ppl who can afford to hold the most accounts open. It doesn't promise them the drop but greatly increases there chance over the average player that's gonna be trying the entire event with 1 account. There will be several events im sure some of those multi accounts that r doin lil to nothing will pull 3-5 drops at 1 event. Just saying whats gonna happen that's all. Go from ppl tanking everything in sight to only doin a lil dmg then hiding. Sounds like a great fix if you ask me. Less participation more multi accounts doin nothing. I agree some run 2-3 now but just imagine how many those guys will run if it goes random and they don't have to worry about there setups and dmg output? Also if ppl wanna complain about throwers saying they don't wanna play them then y do stealing events if some ppl don't wanna play them? a lil hypocritical
MVP!!

skittles1337

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is what I am going to do if it becomes random. It goes from me getting one drop to the possibility of getting 10 drops.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That is what I am going to do if it becomes random. It goes from me getting one drop to the possibility of getting 10 drops.
And this is greed at it's best and why NO loot system will ever work. After reading this, it's why I wish Mesanna would just do away with the damn EM event program again.

Sadie-

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And this is greed at it's best and why NO loot system will ever work. After reading this, it's why I wish Mesanna would just do away with the damn EM event program again.
Yes I hope she does away with it too. Huh Manti?!?! Flutter?!? Deca!? lets get rid of all the shineys who needs them pfft.

skittles1337

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You call it greed, I call it adapting!

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i only have 2 accounts. i prefer playing 1 character as best i can at an event, but if it were random, yeah id probably take my main event character do enough damage for looting rights, then have around 4 trial accounts with basic 70s suits with hpi 50ep, 60str 50alchemy. just cycle thru them, throw potions, move on to the next one. at the end of the event give the suits back to the main character.

Theres usually about 40 characters average id say currently at events on most non-atlantic shards. i would expect this number to triple it were changed back to random.

I really dont see why this is such a huge issue. Why would anyone even want totally random? (unless absolutely lazy) Having your efforts not be rewarded at least in part is what makes people strive to be better players and continues to put life into the game.

Yes everyone should have a chance at a drop
Yes the people who put in the most effort / knowledge into an event template should have a better chance at a drop.

Leave game / combat balance to the devs. Keep in mind game balance is not made specifically for events. The games pretty balanced right now. I dont think anyone can argue with that (ok except for disarm) There are templates that are "the best" for pvm, best for field pvp, best for solo / arena / duel pvp, best for treasure hunting, best for survival, best for damage, best for spawns, best for single target dps.
Of course there are going to be only a handful of templates that are "good" for any particular UO combat scenerio. EM events are just one of Many combat situations that a serious player creates a character for.

Last edited:

Dregg

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
i only have 2 accounts. i prefer playing 1 character as best i can at an event, but if it were random, yeah id probably take my main event character do enough damage for looting rights, then have around 4 trial accounts with basic 70s suits with hpi 50ep, 60str 50alchemy. just cycle thru them, throw potions, move on to the next one. at the end of the event give the suits back to the main character.

Theres usually about 40 characters average id say currently at events on most non-atlantic shards. i would expect this number to triple it were changed back to random.

I really dont see why this is such a huge issue. Why would anyone even want totally random? (unless absolutely lazy) Having your efforts not be rewarded at least in part is what makes people strive to be better players and continues to put life into the game.

Yes everyone should have a chance at a drop
Yes the people who put in the most effort / knowledge into an event template should have a better chance at a drop.

Leave game / combat balance to the devs. Keep in mind game balance is not made specifically for events. The games pretty balanced right now. I dont think anyone can argue with that (ok except for disarm) There are templates that are "the best" for pvm, best for field pvp, best for solo / arena / duel pvp, best for treasure hunting, best for survival, best for damage, best for spawns, best for single target dps.
Of course there are going to be only a handful of templates that are "good" for any particular UO combat scenerio. EM events are just one of Many combat situations that a serious player creates a character for.

And this is why i love it when EM's bring us to areas where you can't gate in toons. Knowing how the follow main command works in this game i get such a hoot out of ppl trying to move more than one toon.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And this is why i love it when EM's bring us to areas where you can't gate in toons. Knowing how the follow main command works in this game i get such a hoot out of ppl trying to move more than one toon.
I was being half sarcastic in that post btw. But yes im sure people would do this. i would hate to feel "underprivileged" with 2 accounts. That crazy lady here with 60 accounts would be getting all the Shiney drops lol.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Yea I am greedy. I want all the items. I shall distribute them how I wish. People who are nice and cool with me get first dibs. Oh and you can't start being nice now, it's too late.

Adeka

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I guess my main point was that these event's are not fair to those of us who wish to obtain items but are not interested in maximizing a character (or several of them) just to get into the top percentile! I was mostly saying that maybe top damage should be joined by 'X' random drops and / or rewards being given to those standing on the side lines healing / rezing/ role playing / etc. Don't get mad because somebody suggests an option non combat related that could possibly take away your chances of getting a goodie and put one into their grasp. That's just rude.
Making 'X' accounts to attend 'X' EM events for random drops is just greedy. Don't you think there's been enough of that in UO's past?! I see it as an inability to govern one's self and not about adapting. But that point is a valid one. I suppose others cannot be held to ones own standards. It's never worked in real life, so why would people try in a game who's history is already riddle with such negative acts?

Look, I just want to make this fair for everybody attending. I like to think we all do. :heart:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im sure most people realize this, but a change to the system isn't just about what would be "best" its about what could realistically be coded into the games drop mechanics. If a single system of percentage damage / healing in relation to percentage drop chance would be too difficult to code, perhaps 2 drop systems run at the same time would work. at each event, have half the items distributed like they are now (top damage and healing) half dropped randomly. Of course with this system the top damagers could also recieve 2 drops at the same event. Ideally i would like to see code that limits 1 drop per character per event. i would think the code could be similar to the clicky holiday rewards limiting 1 item per account.

Sadie-

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
IMO this is as fair as it can be

Some events are stealing events
Some are everyone drops/ clickys
Some are 100% RP events with Titles or Items with Titles
Most are Lore/combat/RP events

Now open your minds and think about this.

Stealing events require you to have stealing skill are you upset about that? No because its a Stealing event.

Everybody body drops/ Clickys do you complain about these no because everyone gets one.

Role playing events like the Knights of the Crux on atl/ Rank Guard on Baja/ whatever else there is they require attendance and participation are you upset about this?? No.

Lore/Combat/RP events are the majority of the events in UO you learn a little bit of lore as you go through a storyline you fight the minions aka "trash" mobs until you get to the boss who then you RP with a little with some banter here or there and then you have to fight the boss are you upset about this?? Yes, you want it to be "fair" for the people who don't WANT to make a top damaging template which I am 97% sure you all have the skills already trained to make.

If you are getting paid (now this is not greed this is an example) to clean a house for example, and you go to the house and just sweep everything under the rug. Do you really think your going to get paid? Would it be FAIR for you to get paid for not doing the work required? The people who get the drops now (the ones you call greedy) have done the work to make their characters they invested in having a character on multiple shards they figured out what kind of templates work the best based on knowledge available to each and everyone of you. Why should they be penalized for doing the work for a better chance at getting a drop?

Honestly in all honesty if anyone should be called greedy it should be the people who do not want to work to make a character, but are wanting a free easy drop. It's your CHOICE to go to events, its your CHOICE to bring a certain character, and its your CHOICE not to adapt. Mythic doesn't serve us they provide a game and you choose to pay for it. Why make more work for them when they have a hard time not breaking the game with every update.

So no I don't think throwers/ archers/ SPELLWEAVERS or any other temp should be "balanced" because you all have access to these templates you have the choice to make one or not. If you choose not to its no ones fault but your own for not getting a drop. EMs work hard to make these events for your enjoyment the reward from them is the experience the drop is a bonus. Its you the Collectors who like those each and everyone of the "trammies" I know would feel blessed just to get a drop they don't care if they get one but it would be something they treasure, and that's the point of events.

Just like in real life this game has an economy the people who get event drops either A. Keep them B. Sell them
If they get sold that gold that's made goes right back into the economy to purchase other items or it gets sold back to other players who don't know how to make that gold or need the gold. Its how life works if you don't want people to get these items to sell them then stop buying them (HA good luck getting everyone to stop buying things they clearly want).

Nails Warstein

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Please tell your friends about this Poll and Lineman's Poll, because Petra deleted all my posts in other shard forums as SPAM for trying to bring awareness to this issue. I realize its hard to believe, but not everyone who participates in events, visits the rares forum.

Dregg

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Sadie, till about a year ago there was not as big an issue with the top tier damagers/healers. I think we actually saw somewhat of a variety of ppl getting drops from events. It wasn't until the items reached astronomical prices that it brought a different group of ppl to events. I think that is what most ppl are getting to here. Even though it was not a random drop that it seemed to be "random" for the most part. And once again i am not caling anyone out here but you now see certain ppl on these forums over the past year that you have not seen on the previous 5 yrs the EM system was put back in place. Most of this new group of event goers are the same ppl you tend to see in gen chat listing their fel accomplishments to others. These are the ppl who do crunch lots of numbers to get answers and then recrunch them to make sure they are true to form. I don't think 50% of the gaming community for this game knows the mechanics and templates like this group does. They put time into making the template and spend plenty to get the suits for them so they can boost the chance of a drop to resell and put gold back into suits for other event toons and pvp suits. I don't see anything wrong with that other than i do know of at least 10 people over the past year that were regulars at events have stopped going to events b/c they don't have the time to crunch numbers to redo suits and templates. And knowing this it all goes back to the first 9 seasons you didn't see this group but they have been here for the last 3 seasons. This again goes back to an earlier post i made about it is not just the "ringers" at fault as it is the collectors who pay top dollar for items. As long as new event items sell at the prices they do today this group is gonna be around for the big payouts. I think it goes back to a sense of random drops (once you reach a certain dmg thresh hold) that you might not find as many from that group showing up b/c you do not make it worth their time (IMOP).

Last edited:

Sadie-

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you make it random these people are still going to be around they will just make multiple trial accounts that can do that certain threshold of dmg. Thats the problem the ones who are yes pvpers they dont have as many characters as you do so they have plenty of room to make something that just going to put them right back into that more powerful tier.

4runnersport

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Prices on items have actually went down since a year ago. I remember when I first starting buying rares you couldn't hardly find one under 5oom-1.5b now theres a wide variety of prices. My post wasn't meant as a threat its just an honest post of what me and several others will do. Imagine the lag some of you have now already. Now triple the number of players at the event and imagine it then. People with slower computers/internet will have more issues. The constant argue back and forth about random or top damage dealer could eventually cause the em program to stop completely. The people that will hurt the most is those who have enjoyed it since the beginning. Yes I will be upset about it but not as upset as those guys. Maybe you should think about that before continueing to constantly complain about what is already a pretty balanced game. The suits aren't that expensive im sure everyone here has or knows an imbuer and can get resources. That's all you need. FYI just like we said you want us to make stealing to do stealing events we don't want to we don't make a big deal. We make combat chars for the fighting ones we shouldn't be complaining about that.

Dregg

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
The suits aren't that expensive im sure everyone here has or knows an imbuer and can get resources.
The following is a BASIC general guide to give you the best opportunity to put yourself "in the hat" at a chance to be top tier and this is only once you know how to play the template:

Caster suits run 75M+ in cost (Ranger's Cloak, Eye of Compassion, Cloak of Death, Tangle, Battle Mage Tunic, Kelp Leggings, Kasa of the Ra-Jin, Pendant of the Magi, SDI Orb, Scrapper, Shield of Chaos (Vesper turn in) w/ imbued sleeves, gloves and a bracelet)

Thrower Suits 100M+ in cost (Ranger's Cloak, Cloak of Death, Crimson Cinture, SSI jewels, Dmg Inc Orb, multi throwing weapons (including slayers), too many various armor setups to list but some pieces are imbued/reforged)

So if you have the gold, time and resources anyone can run with the "Big Boys" but the question remains can they PLAY like the "Big Boys".

Last edited:

4runnersport

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who uses ranger cloaks on throwers anymore? Clearly someone that doesn't know a cheaper and better way. And a lot of the ppl complaining is the ones forking out billions on items im pretty sure they can afford 100m suits. Not that there that much when you search a lil bit. And like I said I started from scratch did 1 shard got a drop sold it made a char with it. Everyone should start from somewhere just like I did but don't kid yourself when you say all these billionairs that buy the rares cant afford affordable suits

FYI the way you talk about the throwers means you know very lil about how it works and what to do

But you are correct about if they had the setups could they still compete with the big boys as you call it. Most prolly not some prolly yea but how do you kno until you try? 1 minute someone is sayin the system is unfair the next someone is sayin well if everyone had the same exact setups could they still compete pretty much knowing the answer is prolly no for most

Last edited:

Dregg

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
FYI the way you talk about the throwers means you know very lil about how it works and what to do
All you had to do is just mention if not using the ranger's cloak to use an unforgiven veil so it might help others looking for better info to better their toons.

I have Mystic/Mage Spellweavers, Spellweave/Tamers, Throwers across multiple shards and have pulled event items at least once from every event toon i have for events. I am grateful to have ppl who share information with me and i share information with them in order to keep my chars on par to participate in events. I try to help as much as i can to those who ask for help in preparing a toon for events. I might not get a drop 75% of the time but i do get my fair share to keep me from having to spend gold for items i collect. And items i tend not to want to hold on to and unable to sell to a group of friends i have on ICQ then i either will hold it for the next raresfest or even put it up for sale on these boards. The system, the way it is now, is flawed in the way it requires you to build 2 types of chars to maximize your chance to get a drop. You either play a thrower or a spellweaver (mystic/mage or tamer). You will find it tough for any other char build to win this arguement (except for a stealing event lol). All this leads up to whether someone who is wanting to partake in events and wants to optimize their potential for a drop to play one of the templates and use the suits to fit that template for maximum damage.

4runnersport

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Every temp in this game is better at certain things. you have your stealing for stealing events which is unfair for everyone else since they wanna complain about combat. Sampires r better for spawns. Throwers weavers r better for bosses. that's just how the game is its a good mixture. My point is anyone can very easily be on the same playing ground as the top dmg dealers and still would argue its unfair bc there not as fast identifying slayers and all that good stuff. But nothing is goin to be perfect ppl will complain no matter what way it is the ones that don't get something will complain that's human nature. I help my friends also as they help me too to figure out better setups so there is were the teamplay comes in at. I would offer advice on here but ppl wouldn't listen and just ignore it and complain they don't wanna change. Say they make it were dexers can stand toe to toe with every event boss (which some can now with a lot of bosses). Just like you and I mentioned will they still be able to play like the big boys. It wouldn't change a thing if they didn't change there tactics and adapt. But o well we can all bicker back and forth top dmg dealer or random until things get so bad as to were they stop the em program or 10-20 ppl there is runnin 10 chars each and lagging it out for everyone else :(

Oh I forgot to mention the reason I didn't mention veils is bc no one would pay attention to any help anyways. I tried that in the beginning

onlinegamerstone

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
While I for one extremely favor the idea of having to hit a certain high damage percentage to get a random chance at a event drop, I do however see problems.
I for one am not so confident in the programming ability of people to achieve that correct percent drop across all shards from Atlantic to Origin. Not only that I could see this just becoming
a horrible debacle that could do more harm then good.
Done correctly = wonderful
Probably wont be correct = totally worse than today

I would like to offer an alternative however, since I do see a better solution here. By that I mean please every side involved with little change to Ultima in general.

The big problem I see with events is it is now a driver to Ultima's economy in general, meaning MUCH commerce now happens just because of them.
To me it seems a bit simpler than a massive recoding issue lets just make every monster drop 1/2 to top damagers and the other 1/2 to all others who have achieved looting rights.
The reason for this being it will still be extremely desirable to be in the top 1/2 (a guarantee) while at the same time all who have achieved looting rights can feel they had a REAL chance.
Its give and take and everyone gets something, while not making multiclienting the more desirable option.

Dregg

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Each EM has their own feel on what they want as part of the event. I miss nekkid dungeon crawls. Those were the days LOL. The best temp for those events was having a toon with spirit speak and it was so much fun. Just seems to me now that some ppl do it more for the business end rather than the fun and lore.