• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Poison question

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Besides a rune beetle, are there any pets that start out with 100 or more poisoning? If not, are najas and dimes the highest starting?

The reason for the question is I want to make a pois breath pet, but dont wanna wait forever for the poisoning to train.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bane Dragons and Wildfire Ostards have passive Poison skill, which does not raise unless you swap their Magic to Poison or give them Poison Breath. No real point in doing that though, since they innately have Poison Skin, which will inflict Deadly Poison on melee attackers if fed Blackrock Stew within the past 24 hours.

I used to farm Raptor Teeth with my Tamer/Mage, and would gather up a ton of Raptors, invis, hop off my Bane Dragon, run Consume Damage on him, and laugh as all the Raptors would quickly become DPed attacking him.

Best Poison pet though, is probably the Najasaurus. With Poison+PB+FWW, they have a ton of AoE damage output (the highest AoE of any pet), and can tank most spawns pretty well (especially with Consume Damage) due to high overall stats (they based the Triton stats off of Najasaurus), way overcap Resist skill, and complete Poison status immunity (can always be healed unless under Mortal Strike).

Last edited:

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Right on. Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll give the ostard a try. Don't wanna shell out big bucks for a bane.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm training up my Frost Mites and Naja's that were rotting away in stable for the Wildfire event. Using the Tokuno spawn to do so. I can always fall back on Cu (50% cold) if these don't perform well.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm training up my Frost Mites and Naja's that were rotting away in stable for the Wildfire event. Using the Tokuno spawn to do so. I can always fall back on Cu (50% cold) if these don't perform well.
Frost Mites deal 100% Cold Damage, and can have some pretty insane stats if you get a good 2 slot one, like this one (still has enough TP left to 120 all skills). They just can't get Chiv.
Icicle 1.PNG

A good 100% Cold Damage Chiv pet, is either the 100% Cold Platinum/Crimson Drake, or Frost Drake (Krampus spawn). The Frost Drake is probably better for this event, since the Platinum/Crimson Drake have Dragonbreath (Fire damage, interrupts their melee swing), while the Frost Drake has Cold Wind (Cold damage DoT).

Not all the spawn in Fire Dungeon is weak to Cold damage though. The Liches and Lich Lords in particular aren't weak to it.