• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Plunderbeacons?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Are there in fact Plunderbeacons in game right now?
twice on 2 different days we spent HOURS looking for a Plunderbeacon and have yet to see even one.
are we sure that they are spawning?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes they spawn. The sea is like a spawn, you have to kill stuff to get different things to spawn.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
strange, because we where out there crushing pirate ships and merchant ships for a couple of hours on 2 different nights and did not pop one plunderbeacon.

Cat Musique

Journeyman
strange, because we where out there crushing pirate ships and merchant ships for a couple of hours on 2 different nights and did not pop one plunderbeacon.
I normally hunt east seas of Jhelom, others I know search in the Tok seas. They are hard to find sometimes, so I start to sink the merchants and Orc ships. Also I will look for the spawning monsters that one sees at such towers. Deep and normal sea serpents, waters Ele, etc..

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
plunder beacons spawn in the same locations in the south sea. Once you know those, just keep making the loop until you find it. I marked them on UOCartographer (I play CC).

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
some days there is an overabundance of them and some days you wont see one. same way with the merchants
they may have them a a rotating cycle where they are less likely to be scripted? i dont know

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think the answer is like with anything else in life (and UO); stop looking for beacons and start saying "I want to find some ships... definitely don't want beacons" and then like magic the beacons will start to appear. That's how it works when I misplace my keys at least :D

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did that yesterday. Thought to myself 'I'll just do one pirate ship to recoup some of my ammo before I head home'. Next two tracking arrows I followed were beacons.
Btw, just in case anyone is unaware, this is what you get if your bard casts tribulation while firing the cannon:
tribulation.jpg

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Did that yesterday. Thought to myself 'I'll just do one pirate ship to recoup some of my ammo before I head home'. Next two tracking arrows I followed were beacons.
Btw, just in case anyone is unaware, this is what you get if your bard casts tribulation while firing the cannon:
View attachment 153963
Do you mean the 3250 dealt to the tower or the 25dmg taken to your toon? I haven't used tribulation on a beacon because my bard runs provo mastery but I have experienced the damage from the tower as a result of doing direct damage to the tower (my archer takes a good bit of damage when shooting the tower).

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
heh well the 25 damage is the penalty for daring to hit the thing, but the 50% extra damage was what I meant. Saves on time and cannon balls :D
I didn't get a chance to grab a screen shot but when I went out this morning I took my bard that I've swapped some skills around on and with Inspire song (Provo mastery) I go from 6500 to 7600 ( I think) per shot and when I cast evil omen before I shoot I get bumped up to 9300 (I think) per shot.

What type of damage do you have selected for Tribulation?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup 9342. Great if solo! They made pirating easy. Made an event around it that was fun.

Now we get to go back and kill stuff on the High Seas. I Love It. :cheerleader:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't get a chance to grab a screen shot but when I went out this morning I took my bard that I've swapped some skills around on and with Inspire song (Provo mastery) I go from 6500 to 7600 ( I think) per shot and when I cast evil omen before I shoot I get bumped up to 9300 (I think) per shot.

What type of damage do you have selected for Tribulation?
I have fire damage selected - to be truthful I almost always have fire selected. My knowledge of the game far exceeds my ability to play it effectively :)