• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Plotting Courses for fishing

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all. I have a gm fisherman, but did most of it from shore. I am ready to try the sea and have heard that cartography and/or the Navigator's World Map permits you to instruct the tiller man to go to specific locations. How is that done? Probably a simple question, but I cannot find the answer.

Mishra_

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've never heard of this and it would be nice to know. For now, I still look at the location on a map, recall to the nearest location and start to use my sextant.

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've never heard of this and it would be nice to know. For now, I still look at the location on a map, recall to the nearest location and start to use my sextant.
That is what I have been told to do outside of stratics, but it would be nice if one of these other methods works. May have to do some additional research on the issue.

D

D'Amavir

That is what I have been told to do outside of stratics, but it would be nice if one of these other methods works. May have to do some additional research on the issue.
Back in the day you could open a map and click on it to make waypoints. Then you could hand the map to the tillerman and he would follow those waypoints. I believe that was how it worked at least. Not sure about now since I don't do much fishing these days.

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Back in the day you could open a map and click on it to make waypoints. Then you could hand the map to the tillerman and he would follow those waypoints. I believe that was how it worked at least. Not sure about now since I don't do much fishing these days.
I probably ran into some old info at some point and that is what I recall. Lots of changes without updates sometimes. Thanks for info.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can tell, I need a day out fishing and testing some of these theories. I've heard about the map and the tillerman but never tried it. We'll have to see what the weekend brings.

Ahoy!!
Oriana

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any new info on this, it could be very helpful
Someone told me to use world map, place a pin at the location, and hand to tillerman, but it did not work. Probably just some old ability that no longer works. But would def be interested in hearing from more experienced fishers than myself.

B

Brucie Kibbutz

The only reason it isn't broken is the Devs do not know it exists or how to use it. But don't worry, now that the cat is out of the bag, they will break it next publish to make up for time lost.

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome Brucie. I just never told it to to goto 1, etc. I will have to try this when I get a chance. Now if there were only a way to put the precise coordinates in the map. Thanks for the info.

J

jpullen8874

Map travel works just fine. You plot the course, then hand it to the tillerman and say "start". then the ship will follow the course. If you stop for any reason then just say "continue" and it will pick up where you left off.

A

Aboo

Map travel works just fine. You plot the course, then hand it to the tillerman and say "start". then the ship will follow the course. If you stop for any reason then just say "continue" and it will pick up where you left off.
You are awesome! Thanks!

K

krvn97

to use world map, place a pin at the location, and hand to tillerman, and say start. if you hit land move the boat away from land and say continue the tillerman with continue to the spot you place on the map