• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Please tell me what this is and value

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What does it say? A Magic War ________. Pretty small pic. Regardless, I've never seen it or know where it came from, but I'm jealous. =[

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Much Better Picture... Manticore where are you??????

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its just a mislableled oddity piece. There are plenty of items like that. They might worth 25 mil to someone or worth 5 mil to antoher. hard to tell.

Jessica Marie

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well you might be right that it is a mismarked item although I havent seen a single chair in game labled A Magic War Hammer so its value of 5-25 mill I disagree.

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sounds like you have a pretty good idea of what you WANT the item to be worth so why even ask?

Manticore is pretty solid on his pricing of items. Its not a one of a kind, its not equipable, its not an EM item, nothing special other than being mislabeled. so 5-25 is a pretty good bet.

Theres lots of mislabeled things that go for much less, ala the 1st year Leather Dye Tubs.

Jessica Marie

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not debate his ability to price, however my item is diffrent cus its a chair, there are lots of say shields or weps that are rare but they all look the same with a diff name. there are not very many rare chairs in game so even it there are 25 of them in game it would be worth more then say a shield that there are 10 that exist.

So how many people actually own a throne called that none I would be willing to bet!! So in my opinion it is a very rare item

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not debate his ability to price, however my item is diffrent cus its a chair, there are lots of say shields or weps that are rare but they all look the same with a diff name. there are not very many rare chairs in game so even it there are 25 of them in game it would be worth more then say a shield that there are 10 that exist.

So how many people actually own a throne called that none I would be willing to bet!! So in my opinion it is a very rare item
Put it up for auction and see how high it goes :) you might get someone who has been looking for an "a magic war hammer chair" for 13 years and offer you 500 mil on it. Any how, by no means do I refer myself an expert on odditity items. I just responded because someone was asking for my name. Now what I can tell you is about 7 years ago a jet black throne came up for sale and that fetched to the equivalent of 75 mil today, but then again that was a jet black throne before the introduction of the dyes. People get upset at times thinking they have struck a gold mine when they find such items and hoping to get an quote of gazallion gp but then find out its just not so. Not sure what I can tell ya but I am just saying I won't pay 5 mil for that but it doesn't mean someone else might pay 25 on it thats all. Five years ago such item may fetch more, but if you look at the past 3 seasons on Event Items, there have been literally over 1,000 items introduced, on top of seer items, server births, previous season event items, there are just too much out there.

N

NewThunder

If you already had an established opinion why did you ask for others. If you want to sell it post it for sale, but do not ask for opinions then debate those opinions, it is very rude.,

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Thanks for the input Manticore!! It is kind of a cool piece.

D

DVI

You're failing to realize that pricing is not based on rarity alone, but on other factors. You must also consider desirability, can it be equipped, color, functional application, another factor is the name. Is the name a desirable one? Does it have RP or UO history involved in it?

So with that in mind, logically most people would not pay more for a mislabeled chair, as it could very easily be corrected in a patch, but also because it has no applicable use to pvp/pvm, nor can they equip it and strut around luna bank etc.

As Manti said though, someone may be looking for just such a chair and be willing to pay quite a bit of gold. If you want to know the truth though just place it in an auction and see what happens.

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I certainly am not the expert here on pricing, but i have been collecting for quite a few years now and have a pretty good record for appraising.... that being said, I love the item... enough to buy it! So, if anyone wants to see it, they are more than welcome to come on over to Catskills Zento Museum where it's found a comfortable home!

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
didnt you guys see the new furniture naming tools being sold in the abyss for 500gp? doh

j/k.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are a few mislabled items like that running around. Theres an elven podium that I think is labeled as something else, um a painting that has a weird name, I have a book that acts like a sextant.

I like those weird items and would probably pay 20m for the throne. But it's really too much of a hassle and coin for me to xfer to another shard for it (hello 50m worth of transfers), so I'll pay 20m for it on Baja only.

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone have any idea how in the heck a throne would get renamed to that? I find that to be interesting. If we could figure out where the item came from, thus adding a bit of a background that will always do good things for the price. If it is actually a one of a kind item that was not created through a common exploit ect, I'd be more than happy to pay 25mil or more on my shard.

As people said, the cost depends on a lot of how useful the item is to people. Seeing I don't PvP, PvM, bank sit or am even in a guild. items like that are exactly what I like for my private collection ;)

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the VERY smooth transaction and also very nice to meet and chat with you some!

Jessica Marie

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are very welcome I am glad you appreaciated the value and oddity of this particular item. I am also thrilled that you are displaying it so others can enjoy it as well.

Jessica Marie

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes Jackson I believe you did well you were smart enuff to realize the uniqueness of this item!!! While others did not.

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes Jackson I believe you did well you were smart enuff to realize the uniqueness of this item!!! While others did not.

hrm, actually I did and I'm sure more did as well ha. I just hope you didn't sell it for only 25mil gold haha