• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Please REMOVE CHEST after looting ...

N

NilByMouth

The past few days there has been someone's old treasure chest on the location I've found around 90% of the time, :(

Especially to those (re-)discovering treasure hunting ... please use the Remove Chest option on the chest's menu to delete the chest after you've finished looting. Otherwise you will block the location for other hunters.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yes please remove chests when you have completed your dig. There is nothing worse then trying to recall/gate into a treasure area and find it blocked. You recall/gate to the next nearest one and run over to it only to find someone else's empty chest there and have to wait for it to decay and leave. They do not decay quicker once they have been emptied, its on the same timer as when it was full. Please be courteous to your fellow treasure hunters.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wasn't the "remove chest" feature implemented for everyone to use? I thought anyone could remove any chests after some initial timer was gone to stop the blocking of spots.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Kas: It only works if the chest is empty, last I checked.

O

Old Man of UO

It would be nice if the chest became public after a period of time so anyone could loot it and remove it.