• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] PLEASE post your shard in your title!

• Thread starter Old Man of UO
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
O

Old Man of UO

PLEASE. It would save me a LOT of frustration if people would post their shard in the TITLE when buying, selling, or trading. Price checks for that matter, sometimes vary by shard too.

So, how hard is that?

T

Tazar

I can see the logic there, but when I buy, I may not care about what shard it is on if it is that special piece that will perfectly complete my suit, etc. I'll Travel!

O

Old Man of UO

I can see the logic there, but when I buy, I may not care about what shard it is on if it is that special piece that will perfectly complete my suit, etc. I'll Travel!
Except I don't want to be clicking on every posting just to find an interesting item, but not worthy of x-sharding. It just saves time for those of us who don't travel between shards.

C

Chaosy

I'm pretty sure the Trader's Hall was set up for xsharders and general price checks, which the region specific forums were for people who are looking for items on their specific shard.

O

Old Man of UO

Alright... I was just asking for a bit of common courtesy. Having the shard in the title saves a bit of clicking. If something was on my shard I might be interested, otherwise I have no interest in x-sharding. If people are interested, they can click away. Apparently that is asking for too much.

PASmountaindew

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Asking everyone to make your life easier is not what I would say asking too much. But there has to be a give and take to this. Some folks just don't feel the need to post what shard the item is on. Let's pretend I have an items for sale and you really want it but I don't post the shard it is on and I happen to be selling it on a shard you are on and you don't look at the post because there is not shard listed then I lose out on a sale. But then again you lose out on the item you really wanted because you didn't check the post.

O

Old Man of UO

... But then again you lose out on the item you really wanted because you didn't check the post.
Oh, I understand what you are saying, I just look at it differently. Suppose you post something but don't put the shard in the title. I don't click and perhaps you've lost a sale.

But, to each his own.