• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] Please give us 2d paperdoll options in SA

C

canary

Please give us the option of using the 2d paperdoll in SA. Seriously, it may be minor to many but there are a few of us who hate the paperdoll for KR so much (female is passable, male is not okay in any form) it is a make or break for the new client for me.

As it is a weekend, I'm not expecting a dev response, lol... but sometime would be nice. Given how everything else was ported over I can't see this being too much trouble.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a 2D paperdoll is a good idea, the "monkey man" is creepy... and the items in the slots are too small...

G

guum

I'd rather see them just fix the gump art so that it looks less powerpoint-esque...I really having all the jewels & such in their little boxes off to the side.

But yeah, the SA client paperdoll gump is hideously, repulsively ugly. If it's not going to be fixed, then some alternative is really needed.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
My wife says SA paperdolls "objectify women." o_O

She won't play SA for that reason.

Personally...well, I shouldn't. I DO like eating, after all...

F

Fink

My wife says SA paperdolls "objectify women." o_O
We're all objects..

But for some reason they think that most women would want to be a dour, emaciated strumpet and that men would want to look like crouched, doddering perverts. These are, apparently, the objects with which we identify.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I much prefer the 'girl next door' look of my 2D paper doll to the 'take me to bed' look of the KR/SA female and someone should point out that hero's are upright and handsome, not crouched and grizzled. But I guess changing that, even if it's possible, will be quite a long way down the list of priorities :(

As it stands, I open my paper doll only when I absolutely have to, equiping/unequiping and dressing are all being done via macros so that I don't have to look at her.