• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Please Fix Underground Spawm Problem

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please fix the underground spawn problem.

What seems to happen is that monsters either spawn underground, and are thus untouchable by players; or they spawn normally and then somehow "fall" underground, and are thus untouchable by players.

This is an event-wrecking issue, as it prevents the event from working as designed. An underground Vanguard Controller cannot be engaged, much less killed, and it keeps spawning new stuff until the screen is full. Sometimes, monsters can even cast on you from their safe position.

Yesterday, in Nujlel'M on the LS shard, a GM even moved a Controller for us (thank you!)....However, almost immediately, it fell back underground.

Please fix this. It cannot bode well for future events in this cycle.

-Galen's player

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
/signed.

I don't frustrate easy but when you have a group of people at the ready to defend their city and they have no chance to do so effectively? Color me frustrated.

At least some acknowledgement and/or word on a pub 53 fix would help.
*rattles cage on forums*

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This should really be fixed asap. The longer it goes on like this the more frustrated players get and then loose interest.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This should really be fixed asap. The longer it goes on like this the more frustrated players get and then loose interest.
Yes....I'm still working the invasion, but nowhere near as much as I would have.

A sad frustration is definitely setting in.

This isn't, "this is a challenge I am not up to." That's one thing. If a monster is ever too hard for me to fight, I'd deal with it.

This is, "things are not working as they are designed, and it is having catastrophic effects on the entire event cycle."

-Galen's player

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
/signed

I lead my Alliance Hunt to Nejelm last night, we dispatched the 1st two Vanguards and their spawns and moved up the city and attacked the 3rd & 4th (they were together) and both of them teleported below and were unreachable. We cleared the spawn a few times, but it got old since we couldn't get to the Vanguards. It would have been a more rewarding experience if we could have cleared the town by defeating them instead of the constant respawn.

I have enjoyed the event in Cove, since you can clear the town (save the town)..

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Agreed.

I liked how the light deamons were during the Mag Invasion...if they tele'd underground you could just keep it locked on you and eventually it would tele out to you....but these vanguards are too lazy, they just stay where they are and spawn stuff on you *sighs*

L

Lord Drakelord

Yes Pls do, there are these dang Vangaurds in SH that are in the ground, spawning all day the minions to kill us and we cannot get to them, there another in NJ that is under the Dang Inn.

J

Joyous2K

Not sure if your clearly stated problem will be addressed, but...

Here are a couple of UOs responses in advance;

1.) Wonky. It's wonky. One of those wonky things that happens when trying to implement new events for you. It may get fixed sometime, but maybe not since it is a limited time event. that was implemented especially for you guys.
2.) Bugs in events that have already been released will not get fixed because we need to focus on new events. Everyone here in our office is respectfully bowing in your face.
3.) On our end it looks fine. Please clearly and accurately define the problem you are having in one of the proper channels and we will determine if you are actually seeing things that way. We'll also need your system specs and ISP provider name.

10 years old and reapers still spawn in the ocean? Dert! Dats my You Oh!!

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well Galen perhaps this issue will be addressed in tomorrow's FoF?

Let's hope so.

*crosses fingers*

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Guys,

We are working on this issue and hope to have it fixed in the next publish.

Mesanna

Kariny

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*huggles Mesanna*
Thanks for the love!
*waits patiently for publish*

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi Guys,

We are working on this issue and hope to have it fixed in the next publish.

Mesanna
Thank you!! Having word on this is much appreciated and I will be sure to help let others know *hugs*

Kariny

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Geee!!!!! We getting fixed mebbe since we're down? *hopes*