• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Please fix stratics!

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Getting frustrating having to click links 2-4 times to navigate around. :(

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Welp, I've clicked that link about 20 times now and stratics just isn't gonna let me go to it so I can't even read the remarks there. :(

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Which browser?

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Yeah...I'll repost from the other post. :(

The Internet is moving toward increased use of jQuery. XenForo was one of the early adopters, and now it's competitors are beginning to follow suit--vBulletin 5, Burning Board 4, IPB, and likely MyBB 2.0. Unfortunately, even the most updated versions of IE are simply bad processing jQuery. Developers are as baffled by IE's delayed adoption as I am. So in a way, it is the software at Stratics, but anticipate similar challenges at other major sites as IE continues to lag behind not only its competition, but also technological advancement in generally.

This month, I am hoping to change hosts and complete the upgrade that we had to postpone. This should make the site quicker and more efficient. However, until Microsoft decides to join the rest of the Internet in proper jQuery support, there are going to be IE-related challenges.

P.S. I really want this site to work well, obviously. I'm not very technical and find these types of problems frustrating. My day job (who actually pays me) may give me a pay boost soon, which I hope to use to hire a real life tech admin who can fix all these issues. Sorry it seems like it's taking a long time to fix everything. I'm working on it and hope to get it completed a.s.a.p.!

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
IE10 is out for Windows 7, and it works with JQuery much better, so if possible, upgrade to IE10.
It is also a much better browser overall.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
IE10 is out for Windows 7, and it works with JQuery much better, so if possible, upgrade to IE10.
It is also a much better browser overall.
Updated to IE10, but it still doesn't fix the stratics problems. :(

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Clear cache/cookies and try again w/ IE10. This upgrade has fixed the clicking issue for 3 others today, so hopefully it'll fix it for you too.

Love them Redheads

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Clear cache/cookies and try again w/ IE10. This upgrade has fixed the clicking issue for 3 others today, so hopefully it'll fix it for you too.
Let me just add to this thread and the confusion.

I've experience the same problem as the OP along with this constant clicking noise signaling a Start Navigation sound.

Now for the kicker...... this only happens when I log into my account. If I come to Stratics as a guest and do not log into my account I am able to navigate just fine and there's no clicking noise. The default theme is Animate, which is the theme my account uses when I log in.

Something that is activated when I log in is causing all these problems. I have not really changed many setting, no feeds or FB links or anything real, just chose my gender and timezone is all.

Please continue looking into this.........

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, in IE10+ still have those problems. Still clearing cache helps, but it just eventually gets bogged down again. I'm one of those folks that prefers IE, but also have FireFox installed... so I use FireFox now for this site, but I shouldn't have to use an alternate method than my usual. Other sites that use JQ work fine on IE10+... it would be awesome to go back to VBulletin.

Zane_Xander

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im sick of having to fix my type, it lags every other key stroke. Im a slow typist I cant imagine what fast typist are exsperince. this has been going on for a while now.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Is anyone else experiencing this? Usually this is a local issue and Pingdom is reporting decent site speeds. It would be helpful to know if other users are also having trouble typing.

FYI Shamus Turlough

Last edited:

Zane_Xander

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im sick of having to fix my type, it lags every other key stroke. Im a slow typist I cant imagine what fast typist are exsperince. this has been going on for a while now.
I am still having this problem - I havent found a fix or reason as of yet. The only other site/progz I have had this problem is home basded servers or chatango - I fully understand that it may be my machine, but it doesnt show up often elsewhere. Just typing this took 4min

ICQ 642-204-867

Last edited: