• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Please Fix Carpentry GUMP

• Thread starter Edina Monsoon
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
E

Edina Monsoon

So for months since I GM'd carpentry, I have looked through the entire carpentry GUMP and to me, the SAMURI EMPIRE crafted items appeared that they could only be made out of normal wood, since it only says,

"Holds Maker's Mark"
"Must have SAMURI EMPIRE"

But nothing about,

"This item retains the color of the material used"

So I was at an IDOC the other day, and lo and behold, bloodwood tall cabinets.

Apparently this is also the problem with add ons such as, spinning wheels, looms and so on.

Can you please fix this thing so that in the future new players and people that are stupid like me know that you can actually craft these items with more than one type of wood, and that they will hold the color of that wood.

Thank you for even scribbling it on a piece of paper or napkin and thinking about it.

"I don't want more things, sweetie, I want better things"

B

burnttrees

if i understand correctly you are useing the 2d client and you are correct there is no option to use the color of the material (or not to use it) but then again the system has colored the items the color of the wood since mondains legacy if you have this expansion

the only thing i can think is if you want to have the colors of the woods added with mondains legacy you will need to upgrade

sorry if i am wrong in this somehow

E

Edina Monsoon

if i understand correctly you are useing the 2d client and you are correct there is no option to use the color of the material (or not to use it) but then again the system has colored the items the color of the wood since mondains legacy if you have this expansion

the only thing i can think is if you want to have the colors of the woods added with mondains legacy you will need to upgrade

sorry if i am wrong in this somehow
Thank you sweetie, you are right that I am using the 2D client. I can change the type of wood I am using, but all of the other items that are craftable, pre-Samuri Empire, say that "This Item Will Retain the Color of the Material Used". Except for the Samuri Empire items. It states that for the Mondain's Legacy items as well, "This Item Will Retain the Color of the Material Used."

I am upgraded to 9th anniversary which includes ML unless I am mistaken so I can use the other woods, just it doesn't say that when making say a tall or short cabinet in 2D, that this item will retain the color of the material used.

My point is, I can craft a tall or short cabinet with the other types of wood, it retains the color of that wood, but in the crafting menu itself, for the Samuri Empire items, it does not say that it will retain the color of the wood.

This is also true for items such as spinning wheels, looms, etc in the 2D client gump for crafting carpentry items.

And while we are on the subject of carpentry, PLEASE CAN I HAVE MY MAKER'S MARK ON STONE CRAFTED ITEMS?

There is such a difference in the value of an object when it is crafted having a maker's mark attached to it.

Some people don't know the difference between a statue that I crafted out of stone and the statues you get as loot off of ratmen, for example that look the same except one weighs 1 stone and the other 10 stones.

MAKER'S MARK FOR STONE CRAFTED ITEMS PLEASE!

"I don't want more things, sweetie, I want better things"