• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Please Dealers Stop this silly greedy price War before you kill UO !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
YES !!! PLEASE DO READ!! AND COMMENT !! AND HEY WAKE UP!!

The big brokers...the big collectors..the big traders of rares and high end stuff, you lot basically run the economy of UO...

YOU LOT BASICALLY BETWEEN U SET THE PRICE OF GOLD.

And at the moment because of PURE GREED !! and the fact your are all trying to ''undercut each''... i now see gold on one certain seller for a mind numbing = $0.5 per million ???? WTF!!!!

When is it going to stop?? OR should i say when are u planning on killing UO once and for all???

Please consider your actions when u are trading with our beloved UO's ingame gold and items...

F

feath

i think if it was greed driving them, the cost of gold would be back up to where it was when the bag of sending was screwed up - $2./1m...now THAT was greed.
i see the falling of the gold vs usd ratio as healthy. it'll steady out at some point, but first there is the see-saw to find the right price.

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a question of demand and supply.

Currently the supply of dodgy gold is high and the demand relatively low.

As a regular gold seller, I just can't compete with $0.5 per million (obviously those sellers aren't legitimate). I never played UO to make money (I make enough in real life, heh), but it was supposed to be fun. With cheaters dumping gold it takes all the fun away.

I'm at the point where I only sell/trade with people I know, because I know my items are legitimate and I know they'll keep it that way.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If there was some kind of a cartel that set the price of the gold it would not be at 0.5 per million. I am sorry if it offends you but your post lacks in even basic understanding of how things work. The people you are appealing to are the ones who dupe/script to pay for food on their table (and a nice car, maybe a house). I highly doubt they are going to care about your appeal.

And I am not sure what price of gold has to do with this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.