• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Plants Disappeared

JohnnyO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I haven't gardened in awhile, but wanted to get some specific clippings to make some dyes. So I did the naturalist quest got the colors I wanted and planted them. I had them watered I had potions applied and they were in my backpack, when I logged out they were vibrant, I log in over 24 hours later and they are gone.
The bowls are still there and say a bowl of hard dirt, however they're empty and when I click them it gives the "choose a patch of dirt" message. I looked in the gardening bugs list and didn't see anyone else with this problem.
So I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or know what I did wrong. So I can avoid losing any plants in the future.

Thanks.

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't gardened in awhile, but wanted to get some specific clippings to make some dyes. So I did the naturalist quest got the colors I wanted and planted them. I had them watered I had potions applied and they were in my backpack, when I logged out they were vibrant, I log in over 24 hours later and they are gone.
The bowls are still there and say a bowl of hard dirt, however they're empty and when I click them it gives the "choose a patch of dirt" message. I looked in the gardening bugs list and didn't see anyone else with this problem.
So I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or know what I did wrong. So I can avoid losing any plants in the future.

Thanks.
1) How many plants?
2) Regular dirt or fertile?
3) Just how much past 24 hours?

JohnnyO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1) How many plants?
2) Regular dirt or fertile?
3) Just how much past 24 hours?
1) Just 2
2) Regular (I had forgotten about fertile)
3) Not sure exactly, but probably a couple of hours

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they are in your backpack, it doesnt matter if you dont log in for days at a time. They will not go through a growth check until you log in, so that isnt the problem (I backpack garden a few hundred plants at a time and have taken days off before). The issue of dissapearing plants has been known to happen to people, usually within the first couple of days. I have had it happen once, luckily not with a rare color plant, but I am always paranoid about it lol

Im sorry that it happened to you. As far as I know there arent really any steps to take to avoid it happening, its just a pain.

JohnnyO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If they are in your backpack, it doesnt matter if you dont log in for days at a time. They will not go through a growth check until you log in, so that isnt the problem (I backpack garden a few hundred plants at a time and have taken days off before). The issue of dissapearing plants has been known to happen to people, usually within the first couple of days. I have had it happen once, luckily not with a rare color plant, but I am always paranoid about it lol

Im sorry that it happened to you. As far as I know there arent really any steps to take to avoid it happening, its just a pain.
I guess I'll just give it another go and see what happens, hopefully it was just a fluke. Anyway thanks for the info I appreciate your help.:)

Umfufu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thanks.
What potions did you apply ?

JohnnyO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had one of each (greater, cure, strength, heal and poison.) I tried planting again the other day with the same result. So I'm going to try locking them down instead of backpacking them.

F

Flora Green

I have had this happen with both backpack and lockdown gardening. As mentioned previously, there is no known solution to it. Just another gardening bug and a very annoying and, at times, costly one. I have encountered it more often with backpack than locked down bowls though. Sorry I can't help.

D

DHMagicMan_1

I had one of each (greater, cure, strength, heal and poison.) I tried planting again the other day with the same result. So I'm going to try locking them down instead of backpacking them.
Don't apply Greater Cure or Greater Poison at the time you are planting seeds. Both these will do damage on the first growth check because seeds don't have fungus or bugs yet.

You can apply Greater Heal and Greater Strength if you like. I usually DO when using Fertile Dirt and usually DON'T when using regular dirt.

Good luck.

JohnnyO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't apply Greater Cure or Greater Poison at the time you are planting seeds. Both these will do damage on the first growth check because seeds don't have fungus or bugs yet.

You can apply Greater Heal and Greater Strength if you like. I usually DO when using Fertile Dirt and usually DON'T when using regular dirt.

Good luck.
Thanks I didn't know that about the pots. Just an update on my problem. I had the same thing happen to me about three more times losing 7 or 8 plants. I tried fertile dirt regular dirt, pots no pots, but all were backpacked and all disappeared. Finally yesterday I locked down instead and that worked. So at least for me it seems like it was a backpack issue.
Anyway thank you all for your responses.:thumbup1: