• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Plant Crossing Problems

EIEIO

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I crossed Tribarrel Cacti & Water Plants,..expecting to get prickly pear cacti, per stratics webpage. Colors came out as expected, but when I ID'd the seeds with poppies dust, I got a distribution of 4 plants from each cross. None was the expected prickly pear. What's up? Change in gardening with recent publish? Bug? Bad poppies dust?

Help me, Help me, oh, Wizards of the Soiled Trowel!

O

OK Lumberjack

Welcome to Tribarrel Lotto.:mf_prop:

If a tribarrel cactus is involved, the results are pretty unpredictable. Colors will be fine, but what you get is up to the RNG.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not only the tribarrel. I crossed a bright green barrel catus with a certain color snake plant and got red rushes. Made me toss out my tracking book and went back to the random whatever tickles me chaos plant crossing. Still about trying to hit on black or white plants for dyes. Everybody and their brother just grows for pedals and thorns and don't know what their missing if ya toss a colored catus into the mix.

Still few plp out there wanting a black or white plant for deco that is not a barrel catus/snake plant or bulrushes/poppies. Just now that white fern has to sell for what it would as a bottle of dye. Bonus.

I'm sure in the antiUOverse players are paying through the nose for bleach.