• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Planning ahead a bit....

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Howdy folks,
Since I moved to ATL, I had to remake my bard thunter. Present skills are as follows:
Magery 100/100
Music 100/115
Peace 100/115
Disco 96.6/115
Provo 95/115
LP 100/100
Carto 100/100

Using masteries on Provo and disco, so soon to be 100 in each.

I will have 20 more points, so my question is, which skills do I go higher on real skill and which to I jewel up? Don't know if there's an accepted practice or if you make the decision based on what jewels you have.

Info/help/opinions would be welcomed.

Parrot

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am actually working on a similar template on Pacific. I'm going 4x 120 on all of the bard skills, GM LP, stone carto, and use jewelry and other items to get Magery up to GM and med as high as I can get it.

Going to combine all of this with a 70s set of leather armor with 40 LMC and as much MR as I can manage and some other odds and ends.

Can't give specific numbers right now but that is the gist of it.

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Appreciate your reply, but the last thing I want to do is switch skills with a SS every time I'm out on a thunt, that's just me. I was able to handle just about everything with the above template that a t-chest could throw at me....sometimes it may take longer than it does for someone with 120 in each bard skill, but I'll go with what I've got. With that said, the question still remains, is there a priority that should make one bard skill 115 real above the others?

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Np, just giving my opinion. All I know is the higher the real skill in all the bard skills the lower the mana cost for mastery upkeep.

If I remember correctly it's a combination of all your bard skills that is used to calculate mastery upkeep. Other than that I can't think of any reason that any one skill would have to be 115 real skill all on its own.

I believe more precise information can be found in the stickies above.