• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Planned Chiv AI Bane Training: What would you change?

MeTheGreat

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please leave constructive criticism on this plan if anything should be tweaked so that I do not mess this up.
Training will not begin until next weekend.
Thank you

1613320828045.png

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What will you be using the pet for? Specific peerless/bosses? EM Events? Everything?

Consider that for your resist spread. I know the general thought is to max phys-fire-energy, but that isn't always the best thing to do. I know a few EMs have started using spawn/bosses that deal poison damage.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everything.

In that case, would you suggest going with: 75/75/70/70/75?
I did 80/75/70/70/70 on my bane. Most things have a damage output split and I believe most include physical. So I figured it was worth bumping that up. But what you have should work just fine.
Figure out what you want to kill and the type of damage they do and go from there. Another reason I like all 70+ is to somewhat future proof them. It’s possible the next big content will do 100% poison or cold damage.
If you haven’t, play around on test center to see the difference.

Maker2014

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Also I doubt you may want to take the bane to EM events, unless you dont mind it unbonding there and losing it. Just a lill word of warning. Rare but happens. If it unbonds, good luck re-taming it.

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Personally, I find a bigger benefit to have more health regen than I do to the 120 med/focus. 20 extra med is 2 mana per 10, 20 extra focus is 1 mana per 10; if I'm recalling the formulas correctly.

And I agree with the previous posters regarding resistance spreads.

Maker2014

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think you have it speced correctly : On one hand, You in all likelihood will be using this priceless pet with consume on 100% of the time - almost. So you will be likely regenerating health superbly anyways.
On the other hand you need as much mana regen as possible. So the Int, 120 Med and 120 Focus will have an impact on that.
Thirdly, here is the killer: If and only If at some point you want to sell this pet having the 120 Med and 120 focus may have more impact on price.

I would put all these and the other posters suggestions together, and to test some of this you may want to try test center with some of these ideas with this valuable pet.

[Also, as mentioned above, if your intention is to use this for EM events, be aware that if it un-bonds you will not be able to just walk up to it and try to quickly tame it like any other pet. At 5 slots fully trained and skilled, it will be a beast, and unbonded will need to be subdued = beat to submission (brought down to 10% life without killing it) by using 4-6 guildie Sampires with Dragon Slayer swords, and then you may try to tame it while the pet is deadly poisoning you and fighting you. If it unbonds in an EM event you will not even be able to do that, and chances are that you will lose it to death.]